92- in dragons we trust pt 2

hiccup is 16, south is 16

6 months later

hiccup's p.o.v

"mmmhhhh" south moans, writhing. i chuckle

"hold still"

"sorry" she giggles. i smear some more of the oil along her wings.

"remind me of why i'm doing this again?"

"i said you didn't have to, i am capable of doing it on my own. it just feels nicer when you do it" she says. i chuckle

"no, why do you want oil on your wings in the first place?"

"well, when i fly, some of the scales on my wings rub, which causes them to get irritated and fall off. it's rather annoying, since my wings have to fly slower than a usual night furies because i'm smaller, so i like to put oil on them"

"makes sense. i'd do whatever to make you more comfortable"

"and i, you." my thumbs work the space between her wings.

"by the dragons, your hands are magic" she groans. i chuckle.

"why thank you" i finish oiling her wings, and she ruffles them, before flattening them behind her back. she turns around after picking up her shirt and putting it back on. it's specially designed (by me) to have no back, so her wings aren't being hindered when she flies.

"thank you, my mate" i kiss her forehead.

"c'mon, it's time to get breakfast" i say. she nods and stands up. toothless is snoozing, so she wraps her arms around my and picks me up. i wrap my legs around her waist.

"it still bothers me that you can pick me up but i can't pick you up"

"hiccup, you forget that i am still half night fury. i could snap a yaks spine with one arm" she tells me. i sigh, resting my chin on her shoulder

"yeah, i know" she lands outside the great hall, and i get off, taking her hand in mine. over these past few months, she's gotten even taller, and she now truly towers over me at 6'5 while i'm only around 5'7. we see the others at a table, chatting so we go and sit down after grabbing my bowl. south pulls out a fish from her satchel, and begins to eat it. snotlout gives her a look.

"okay, that's gross. hiccup, how can you kiss her when she's eaten raw fish" south snickers. i just shake my head.

"i don't believe i have to answer that" south laughs and pulls out one of the fishes eyes, throwing it at snotlout who shrieks

"ew ew ew ew!" we all laugh. me and astrid begin talking, and i begin to notice south getting a little agitated. well, her face is neutral, but her ears are constantly twitching, and her wings keep tensing and untensing. i frown, and decide to talk to her about it later. she keeps up a conversation with fishlegs, who is asking her questions about her scales or something. i feel myself get jealous when he asks how much of her body they cover. she gets a small twinkle in her eye and replies

"ask hiccup" and the table goes dead silent. i don't actually know how much of her body her scales cover, though i would like to find out.

"south, really?" i chuckle. she giggles

"sorry, i had to. he doesn't actually know. they cover about 50% of me, fishlegs." he nods and writes it down in the book of dragons. south finishes her fish and throws the bone to a terrible terror who makes off with it. we all stand up and walk to the arena. on the way, i make a joke and astrid punches my arm. immediately, south has pushed me behind her as she's growling at astrid, her fangs and claws out.

"watch yourself, human. hit my mate again, and not even the gods could save you" she growls. astrid looks positively terrified. i grasp souths arm, and she turns to look at me, fire blazing in her eyes.

"easy, south. she wasn't hurting me. she was just playing" i have to reach up to caress her cheeks. her growling ceases, and she looks back at astrid.

"m'sorry, astrid. i... i didn't mean to..." she stammers. astrid just smiles.

"it's okay. if i may ask, why did you react like that?" astrid asks. south sigs, and clutches my hand.

"well, the dragon part of me is very, very overprotective of my mate, and seeing him in a situation that could hurt him makes me want to tear apart the people who have put him there. he comes home with a bruise and i go absolutely ballistic."

"it's true. once i came home with a bruise on my face from gobber hitting me too hard as a joke, and she went nuts. sniffed me for ten minutes, then went after gobber. gobber ended up with a broken nose, 3 broken fingers and a broken rib." she blushes.

"i said i was sorry!"

"he knows you were sorry. he thought the whole thing was hilarious."

"but i hurt him" i chuckle, running my thumb over the scales on her hand. she hasn't retracted her claws. most people would shy away from them, as they could cut through iron, but i just calmly stroke them until she retracts them.

"it's fine, love. don't worry about it" i reach up and manage a kiss on her jaw. she gently wraps her tail around me.

"yeah um... sorry astrid" astrid laughs.

"oh, it's fine!" we get to the arena, and begin our training. halfway through, my leg begins to hurt, and i have to stop. south notices my pain staright away.

"my mate, are you okay?"

"y-yeah, just some pain..." i grunt, lifting my leg up to rub it. she frowns.

"where? where do you hurt?"

"just my leg, it'll go in a moment" she frowns harder, and picks me up, before laying me down on the floor.

"w-what are you doing?" she doesn't reply, only removes my prosthetic and pulls up my pant leg. she inspects the rounded stub of where my leg once was, before licking her hand and rubbing it. i'm extremely confused, until i realise the pain has disappeared

"how did you do that?"

"night fury saliva has excellent healing properties" she replies, helping me put my leg back on.

"thank you, south"

"i'm not having you in pain, not if i can stop it. no need to thank me" i smile at my overprotective, draconic girlfriend. we get back to the training, south by my side the whole time.

sorry for ending it so early, but i have a massive headache and had this idea, and wanted to get it out to you guys.