Avengers - Stray

You sat in a cell with your long fluffy wings in front of you and petting them softly, you found it calmed you.
The cell was sound proofed on the outside, meaning people could hear you but you couldn't hear them.
You looked up to see Fury, you'd known him for the seven months you had been here.
He said because you weren't human, you were a threat and he had to keep you here.
This time he was with a tall blonde man in a uniform of some sort.
You could see them speaking but you didn't know what they were saying.

"So, what's her story?" Steve asked looking at you.

"We found her on one of our missions, she was just laying in the grass half dead. We made sure she didn't die and now she's here. There's not much more we can do, either she stays here in this cell or goes with you and lives in the tower." Fury said as Steve nodded.

"I'm starting to feel like Shield is more like a pound for non humans and you get us to adopt the ones you can't turn into agents." Steve said making Fury scoff.

"That's basically it, Captain." Fury responded as you continued to watch them.

"So, are you going to adopt the stray?" Fury asked making Steve chuckle.

"Yeah, we can help her out. There's always room at the tower, other than the wings. Does she have any powers?" Steve asked as Fury looked at you.

"We observed her a little and realised she can communicate to living things through energy and emotions but other than that no." Fury said as Steve nodded.

"Can I talk to her?" Steve asked as Fury leant forward and pressed a button on the control panel for your cell.

"Y/N, this is Steve Rogers. You're going to be going to live with him and his team." Fury said as you nodded and looked at Steve.

"Hello." You whispered making him smile softly.

"It's lovely to meet you." He said as you returned his smile.
You stood up and walked to the front of the cell.

"She's just been wearing in-mate clothing so she might need some clothes." Fury said as he opened the door for you.
You walked down the steps and suddenly realised how tiny you were compared to them both.

"Sorry! I'm here!" You heard a voice shout as you looked up to see a shorter brunette man with sunglasses.

"Oh nice, we adopted another stray. Thanks, Fury." He grumbled as Steve glared at him.

"Tony. This is Y/N, she's coming to live with us." Steve said as Tony smiled at you.

"So, I just don't get a say in this anymore? It's my tower." Tony said as Fury chuckled and walked away.

"Good luck, Y/N!" He said before leaving.

"Fine, she can come with us." Tony grumbled making you chuckle softly.

"Come on, Y/N. Let's get you home."

You'd traveled in the car for about an hour, hearing Tony and Steve bicker.

"Steve." You called out as he looked at you int he rear view mirror.

"Are you and Tony married?" You asked as Tony laughed loudly and Steve's eyes widened.

"No, we aren't. What made you think we were?" He asked as you looked out the window.

"There were two agents at Shield and they always bickered like you do and they were married." You said as Steve chuckled softly.

"Well, I can definitely say Tony and I aren't married." He said as you nodded.

"It will be interesting to learn more, where I come from to have a child people are usually in packs of five. On earth I've noticed humans just love the one person and have just one child." You said as they nodded.

"Maybe you could tell us more about where you're from sometime." Steve said as you smiled and nodded.

"Okay!"

You made it back to the tower with Tony and Steve.
They led you inside as you looked around.

"Some of the team are here today. Will you be okay to meet some people?" Steve asked as you smiled and nodded.

"I would like that." You said making him smile as well.
You made it up in the elevator and stepped out to see a few people around.

"Everyone, we have a new addition to the family." Steve said as everyone looked up.

"Seriously! Steve stopped bringing home strays! She better not be vicious like the last stray you brought back." Sam said as Bucky glared at him.

"Fuck you." He growled before standing up and walking over to you.

"I'm Bucky, that other shit head is Sam, that's Peter over there that hasn't even noticed you're here and the others are out for the day." He said as you smiled and nodded.

"I'm Y/N, nice to meet you." You said making him smile.

"Would you like something to eat, Y/N?" Steve asked as you looked up at him.

"If that's okay with you." You said making Bucky and Steve smile.

"Of course."

After you had something to eat and learnt a bit more about Bucky and Steve they showed you to your new room, where they had organised some clothes for you. 

"This bed looks so comfy." You muttered making the two men chuckle.

"Well, it's all yours now, Y/N." Steve said as you ran and jumped on the bed, feeling the soft sheets.
You relaxed and found yourself falling asleep, you must've been more tired than you realised.
Bucky grabbed a blanket and covered your small body with it.

"See you soon, Y/N"