Steve - A deal

(Cheesy cliche one, I'm in a bit of a slump)

"This is your duty!" Your father yelled as you felt tears fall down your face.

You blocked your ears and slid down the wall trying to block the noise out.

"Y/N, don't ignore me. You need to do this, Steve Rogers will have your hand in marriage. Do you know what this means for our family?" He said pulling your hands away from your head.

"Father, I'm nineteen. He's thirty-nine, he's only three years younger than you!" You shouted as he sighed.

"When you were born, you were born with a duty to our family. And this is your time to fulfil it." He said as you shoved him away and quickly got up to run away.

"No! You won't force me!" You screamed running out the door, you didn't know where you were going.

You grabbed your horse and jumped on.

He only had his saddlecloth on and you only had a dress but you didn't care.

You galloped out of the estate and towards town, you weren't running away but you needed space.

You eventually made it into town and tied your horse up making sure he was safe.

You sighed and wandered around the town, you didn't have a destination.

You were so lost in your thoughts you didn't see a horse and cart coming straight for you, the only thing that snapped you back to reality was someone grabbing you away from death.

You gasped and fell into the man, you looked up to see none other than Steve Rogers, and you quickly shoved him away.

"Umm, thanks." You muttered about to run away before he stopped you.

"Y/N, I judge by that terrified look that your father told you about what's to happen." He said as you looked away from him, he could see others staring so he gently held your hand and pulled you away from them.

"Let's just walk so people aren't listening. I just want you to know that I didn't have a say in this. I know that this isn't ideal." He said as you scoffed.

"You're old enough to be my father." You grumbled making him chuckle.

"I'm definitely aware of that, but I had a few things that might help. In the nicest way possible, Y/N. I don't want to be in a relationship with you either." He said as you stopped and looked at him.

"Come on don't look so surprised, I spent my entire life being in war and fighting. I want to just live a simple crappy life where I write and farm. I'm not very interesting." He said making you laugh again.

"I know this isn't ideal for either of us, but it doesn't have to be terrible. We get married, pretend that it all works out but behind closed doors you have your own room at my estate, I have mine, we can just be two people that live together and then when you obviously out live me you can get all my money. " He said as you laughed and covered your mouth.

"Good plan, but I'm a young woman people well mainly my parents will be wanting me to have...you know." You muttered as he nodded.

"Well, we come up with a bullshit story. God came to you in a dream and said he shall take thee children away and give to another woman." He said in a deep fake voice, you couldn't stop laughing.

He definitely wasn't what you expected that was for sure.

" Okay, maybe not that but we can definitely work on it. I know it would make a lot of this easier, if we just faked it. And honestly it would make my life safer that's for sure." You muttered as he looked at you sadly.

"You won't have to worry anymore about all that kind of stuff, okay?" He said as you smiled and nodded.

"So, do we have a deal?" He asked holding his hand out to you.

"Deal."