Tony - Unwell

The rain fell outside as you sat in your bed and looked out the window.
You loved when it rained like this, you could sit and watch it forever.
There was something so comforting about the sound of rain.
You were so busy listening to the rain you didn't even hear the door open.

"You look so peaceful sitting there." You heard a voice say as you turned around to see Tony.

"How are you feeling, darling?" He asked bringing in your usual medicine.
You shrugged a little as he smiled.

"I know it's not fun being pent up in here." He said handing you a cup of pills and a glass of water.
You took them like you usually did before looking at Tony.

"Roof?" You whispered as he looked at you and smiled.

"You always love going up there when it's raining, don't you?" He said, light-heartedly as you smiled.

"Promise not to tell Bruce?" He asked as you chuckled and nodded.
He gently helped you to sit on the edge of your bed and helped you put on your shoes before he picked you up in his arms.
You held onto him tightly as he carried you out of your room.
You went up in the elevator and made it up to the roof where Tony gently placed you down on your feet.
He kept his arm around your waist as you walked out to the edge of the covered area and watched the rain fall.
You reached out and let the rain hit your hot skin.
Tony watched you with a small smile on his face.
Things were different now, of course they were. After a freak accident on a mission your mind was left practically shattered, your brain injury caused you a lot of physical pain, but also psychological pain.
Tony felt responsible for what had happened that day, so he made it his mission to make sure you were always cared for and happy.

"Alright, sweetheart. I think I better get you back before Bruce finds out." Tony said as you turned around and nodded.
He helped you walk back into the elevator and you leant against him.

"Thank you." You whispered making Tony smile

"That's okay, just keep it a secret." He said making you laugh softly.
You made it back to your room and Tony helped you into your bed once more.
You reached for the remote and handed it to Tony.

"You wanna watch a movie together?" He asked as you nodded making him smile.

"Alright, shove over." He said as you moved over in your bed, letting Tony climb in beside you.
He put on the same movie as always as he watched you smile happily.
He didn't care if he had to watch this damn movie until the end of time, he was just happy you were happy.

Like always, Tony turned to you halfway through the movie to see you fast asleep, he wrapped his arm around you making sure you were secure and rested his head on top of yours.

When the movie was towards the end, your door opened and Tony looked up to see Steve entering.

"Hey, Cap." Tony whispered as Steve came forward.

"Tony, we've organised for someone to come and meet Y/N today. From there they might be able to take her to their facility for better care." Steve said as Tony looked at him in shock.

"Steve, what the fuck?" He growled as you began to wake up.

"Tony." You muttered as Tony brushed his hand through your hair.

"Shh, it's okay. I just need to talk to Steve, okay?" He said slowly pulling away and helping you to lay down, his kissed your forehead and covered you with blankets before stepping outside with Steve.

"We aren't going to just give her up to some fucking clinical study or some shit." Tony growled making Steve sigh softly.

"Tony, I'm trying to think of what's best for her." Steve said as Tony scoffed.

"What's best for her is that she stays here where I can take care of her, if you send her away she would never recover." Tony responded as Steve looked down at him.

"Just meet the woman that's coming and we can go from there. She'll be here this afternoon." Steve said as Tony sighed.

"Fine." He growled before going back into your room.

Tony went back to your room around 3pm and saw you watching tv.

"Sweetheart, there's a lady coming soon to meet you. She's just here to see how we can help you more." Tony explained as you looked up at him and nodded.
He helped you out of bed and got you dressed into something more appropriate.

"Tony." You whispered before you left.

"What is it, sweetie?" He asked as you reached out and took hold of his hand.

"Will...she take?" You muttered, struggling to find the right words.

"Will she take you away?" He asked as you nodded, he could see the panic in your eyes.

"No, never. I'd never let them take you away from me, okay?" He said as you smiled and nodded.
You hugged him making him smile and wrap his arms around you in return.

"Come on, darling."

You sat on the couch with Tony next to you, Steve and Natasha were also there.

You held onto Tony's hand, he could see how nervous you were.

"It'll be okay, angel. I'll be right here the entire time." Tony said as you nodded and squeezed his hand.
The elevator made a noise as everyone looked up to see a lady in a suit with a lot of papers and documents.

"Hello, everyone. And this must be Y/N." She said heading over to you and sitting across from you.
You already didn't like her, she was treating you like a child and that was the last thing you wanted.

"Do you know why I'm here?" She asked looking at you as you nodded.

"You're here to just assess her, no one's taking her away." Tony said as the woman looked to Steve.

"Tony, we talked about this and what's best for Y/N." Steve said as you looked at Tony with fear.

"Liar." You whispered as he looked down at you.

"No, sweetheart. I'm not letting you leave, okay?" Tony said as you teared up and backed away.

"Y/N, it's okay. Your family and friends here just want what's best for you, and where you would go is a very nice place where you'd be treated well." The lady said as you shook your head and began to cry.

"No!" You shouted before running upstairs.

"I told you, she's safe here." Tony growled at Steve before running after you.
He found you curled up in the corner of the hallway.

"You're...you're sending me away." You cried out as Tony sat beside you.

"Sweetheart, I would never ever send you away. Steve organised this because he thought it was best for you. Y/N, wherever you go, I'm right there, okay? This is my tower and I'm the one that takes care of you, trust me when I say you're not going anywhere." He said as you wiped your eyes and nodded.
You leant against him and buried your head on his chest as you sobbed, he wrapped an arm around your shoulders and held you close.

"Shh, I've got you. I'm here. You'll never leave my side, sweetheart." Tony whispered as he kissed your forehead.

"Love you." You whispered making him smile softly.

"I love you too."