Peter - Only One Left

It had been a long three weeks.
You'd been away on a mission with Shield, they needed specifically you for the mission.
You'd been affected by everything that you assumed was doctor strange.
You made it back to New York and made a note to go visit Peter first.
He was a lot younger than you, a baby compared to you.
But he was a good friend of yours and you'd protect him with your life.
You made your way up to where his apartment was but you saw it was all blocked off.

"Well, that's not ideal." You muttered before walking away.
You dialed Happy's number, surely he would know where he was.

"Y/N, didn't expect to hear you calling. What do you want?" He said making you chuckle.

"Just calling to see where Peter is, or if he's okay. His apartment is fucked up." You said as there was silence through the phone.

"Peter who?" He said as you screwed your face up in confusion.

"Um Peter Parker." You said before there was silence again.

"I don't know any Peter's, Y/N. Is this some kind of weird prank? I'm busy." He said before hanging up.

"Alright." You muttered putting your phone away.
You stood still for a bit trying to think.
Where would he be? You were exhausted but using your power was the only way to find him.
You took in a deep breath and focused your mind on Peter.
You saw a flash of a grave that said 'May Parker.'

"Oh no..." You whispered before opening your eyes again.
You knew which graveyard it was, you grabbed a taxi and told them where to go.
So many things went through your mind, you knew you were starting to panic but you needed to calm down for the time being.
You finally made it to the graveyard and practically ran in.
There weren't many people around so it was easy to find Peter.
You walked up behind him and saw the grave.

"I'm so sorry." You whispered as he turned around in shock.

"O-Oh, yeah um she was just a neighbour." He muttered as you looked at him in confusion.

"Peter you have to tell me what's going on, everyone is being weird." You said as his eyes widened.

"You know who I am?" He asked in a small voice, you could see how upset he was.

"Of course I know who you are, you're Peter Parker. We were both Avengers, we fought in space together. Don't tell me you've forgotten me." You said chuckling nervously before he lunged forward and hugged you.

"Oh! Hey, it's okay." You whispered wrapping your arms around him as he began to cry.

"Jesus, kid. I'm here, what the hell happened?" You asked holding him tightly.

"Everyone's gone, I'm alone." He cried out making your heart break.

"Let's get to my apartment, okay? It's safe there." You replied as he pulled away and nodded.
You grabbed hold of his hand and led him out of the graveyard.

"I'm so sorry about May." You said as he looked down at the ground.

"It's okay." He whispered, you'd never seen him this quiet, or this broken.
You got back into a Taxi with him and headed home.
You couldn't wait to get back to your apartment.

--

You made it back home and got Peter a hot drink and food, making sure he was comfortable on your couch.
You sat across from him and he told you everything that had happened.
You sat across from him, speechless.

"I don't know why you remember. Strange made everyone in the multiverse forget." He said as you looked at him sadly.

"Well, I'm from another realm. Maybe that's why, a whole different thing." You replied as he nodded.

"You went through a lot, Peter. And on top of it you have no one to lean on. I'm here now, you can lean on me." You said as he nodded and wiped his eyes.

"Where are you staying?" You asked as he took in a deep breath before speaking.

"Just down the road, it's a shitty apartment but it's something." He said as you nodded.

"Do you want to stay here?" You offered as he smiled.

"No, it's okay. I wanna get on my own feet and everything." He said, you returned his smile.

"Well, you can visit anytime and I will be giving you many cooked dishes and inviting you for dinner." You said making him chuckle.

"I'll be very glad to take you up on that offer. Thank you, Y/N." He said before you got up and sat beside him giving him a hug again.

"Anytime, kid. You're stuck with me now."