Let Me Love You

»»-------¤-------««

»»-------¤-------««

Isaac gulped as he looked at her, watching her red and swelling face twirl the recording device between her fingers. "Never did answer my question: if you're against him, why do you have this?"

"It's for my protection."

"That's why most officers have a camera strapped to their vest, but I'm sure you knew that, Officer." She scoffed, Alejandro now standing to his feet to stand beside Kiera.

She smirked as she watched his brain swirl for a reply, knowing she had him trapped within his own lie. "There's two ways to leave this ranch, Isaac - an easy way, which consists of you simply driving off and letting me continue my investigation, or you can go the hard way." She began, watching Isaac's face flush to white.

"What if I don't choose either?"

"Unless you want to find out what the hardest way is, I suggest you start talking."

He gulped, a hard decision falling within his mind. Do I just tell her or keep it quiet? "I don't know Malcolm personally," He sighed. "Though I sense you don't know him personally either, but I do know that he's a suspect, that's why I asked you."

"Uh huh, so how did you conclude the assumption that Malcolm is a suspect?"

"We received a tip from someone who remains anonymous."

"Sure you do."

Isaac huffed, "Good day, ma'am."

"Oh, I will."

Alejandro and Kiera stood next to each other as they watched Isaac walk away, Kiera pulling out her phone and calling Simon, asking him to take a picture of the license plate on Isaac's vehicle before he left, knowing Isaac wouldn't put up much of a fuss with Simon as an opponent.

Watching him do just that, she smiled as she watched him walk towards her, nodding for her to follow him, Kiera almost knowing the conversation that was about to unfold.

"I'll run his tag and see what I can find out, Alejandro-" She said to him, having no time to resist before he pulled her into his arms as if he were apologizing.

"I'm sorry, señora," He whispered into her shoulder. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have blamed you-"

"Alejandro, stop," she said, pulling back to face him. "I know. You're blaming yourself and you need to stop. I'll find him. I promise. Have I ever made a promise I can't keep?"

"Never." He chuckled.

"You'll be the first to know, okay? I'll let you know what I find out." She assured him, patting his shoulders as he released his arms from around her, nodding as he watched her walk away to meet with Simon.

He held the door open for her, waiting for her to walk in before shutting the front door behind him, Simon watching her bow her head down as if she were expecting him to scold her for her behavior earlier. "Go ahead." She said, a wince playing at her throat.