4. Hospital visit

After landing in Bangkok after an eighteen-hour-long flight, Boun was exhausted. He went straight back home.

The next day, Boun was woken up by his assistant, April.

April had been working as Boun's assistant for two years now. She was the only woman who was left unaffected by Boun's charm. No matter how Boun tried to flirt with her, she would either not respond or turn him down. This was exactly the reason why she was able to keep her job.

Bosston was very proud of himself when he found a woman on whom Boun's seduction skills had no effect.

Not that April is not interested in men. In fact, she was crazy about men- fictional men, idols, or actors. A playboy like Boun was a huge no-no in her book.

How else could someone resist Boun's just-out-of-bed look? The fluffy morning hair and sleepy eyes added a pinch of cuteness to his vampire charm.

"P' Boun, I have brought the breakfast for you." April was setting up the breakfast on the kitchen counter when Boun came out of his room.

Boun was sleepy despite washing up. He yawned as he took a seat on the high stool looking at the piping hot food.

"Did you not sleep last night?" Emma looked concerned.

"I slept like a pig last night."

"Then why are still so sleepy?"

"Maybe because I slept too much in one go?" Boun shrugged.

"So, what's our schedule for today?"

"P' Ton asked me to pick you up this morning. We need to leave right after you finish your breakfast. We have a lot to do today."

"Au?" Boun pouted.

"Will you please hurry up, phi? We need to get there before the appointment time."

"I am eating. But this food is too hot to swallow. Wait till it cools down a bit. I will get dressed by then." Boun stood up and made his way to his room slamming the door behind him.

"If the food is hot, he has a problem. If the food is cold then too, he has a problem. Such a bad temper. Always finding a reason to through tantrums. No wonder you can only have flings. No one will be willing to tolerate this temper of his." April mumbled under her breath.

Boun came out of the room fully dressed. He stood near the kitchen countertop and finished the whole breakfast in just a few mouthfuls.

"P' Boun, slow down. Do you even chew your food? If you eat your food like this you may choke on it. It may not digest properly." April watched Boun put the dishes in the dishwasher.

"A few minutes ago, you were asking me to hurry up. Now that I am hurrying up, do you want me to slow down? Aren't you afraid that we will miss the appointment?" Boun went to the shoe rack and picked up a pair of shoes and put them on.

"Let's go then."

The duo walked together to the parking lot.

Sitting inside his van, Boun started scrolling through his phone, occasionally chatting with his flings and side boos. He didn't look up until the van reached its destination.

"Where is this?" Boun asked April who opened the door for him.

April didn't speak. Instead gave him a fake smile before pulling him out with full force.

Boun always felt that April was a distinct relative of King Kong. Her pull was so strong that Boun couldn't help but comply.

"This is a hospital." Boun's eyes went wide.

"Why...why are we at the hospital? Do we have a function to attend here?" Boun was trying his best to get out of April's hands.

"Function? There is no function here. We are here for the same reason as anyone else visiting a hospital would be here."

'No. No. This can't be... Please God no' Boun thought in mind.

Seeing Boun's reluctant face April's smile grew wider.

"Yes. What you have in mind is exactly what we are here for. To get you checked." April exerted more force dragging Boun along with her.

"No. No. I don't want to check up." Boun whined like a five-year-old trying his best to escape.

Boun had developed a huge dislike for hospital visits. He felt disgusted at the smell of disinfectants. But the main reason was his fear of tiny sharp objects, namely needles.

When Boun heard April say the word check-up, he felt the sky crashing down on him. He was okay with the scans and other tests but the ones that require drawing blood, that was a nightmare for him.

'No wonder I was having a bad feeling when I woke up today morning.' Boun thought to himself.

April had to do extra work to half-drag and half-carry the reluctant Boun to the front lobby where Bosston was waiting for them.

"You guys are finally here. I thought you two might miss the appointment." Bosston heaved a sigh of relief as he saw April dragging Boun in.

"We reached the parking lot about half an hour ago." April passed Boun on to Bosston.

Watching April massage her hands and Boun's face, Bosston could imagine what took them so long.

"P' Ton, I don't want to get checked today. Let's come back another day" Boun whined.

"We are not going anywhere. We are going to get a whole body check-up for you today itself" Bosston said stressing each word coming out of his mouth as he held tightly onto Boun.

"I have done all the admission procedures. Come let's get started" Bosston dragged Boun to the elevator followed by April.

Just like that Boun spend the whole day taking one test to another.

Boun felt as if he could die today after all the tests were done. His two traitorous staff had left him alone as he was done with all the tests and was waiting for the results.

Boun found himself a seat in the waiting area of the orthopedics department.

Last night he had forgotten to put his phone on charge resulting in it dying halfway. Feeling bored and frustrated, Boun looked around. He took out his mask and wore it to avoid attracting attention. He was not in the mood to talk to anyone.

That was when he noticed a boy skipping happily across the hall. The boy's right hand was put in a splint. Despite that, the boy smiled as he stopped in front of the venting machine.

The boy put in his coin and picked up his drink. The boy turned around trying to open the can of drink.

Boun found it entertaining to watch how the boy's comical expression which went from happy to sad to frustrated.

Boun chuckled. He stood up and walked up to the boy. He grabbed the drink from the boy's hand.

The boy looked at him in confusion.

That was when Boun got a good view of the boy's face. Boun froze for a second when the cat-like eyes of the boy met with his.

The chiming of the phone made the boy break eye contact.

Boun kept staring at the boy's face as the boy checked his phone and put it back in his pocket. He turned around to look at Boun again.

Boun opened the can and passed it back to the boy without making eye contact.

The boy thanked Boun and left.