175. Maternal love 2

Fluke clamped his hands together and placed them on the table. "Amazingly, the bullet retrieved from the body didn't belong to any gun that was used by my men, the assassins or the Guntachai family guards. It was from a specially designed gun, that only has two copies of itself."

His eyes lingered on Tessa as he spoke. " One is owned by a British billionaire and the other is owned by... " He paused.

Tessa looked up gathering her courage, since she was one hundred percent sure that Fluke had caught her. " So what if it was me? That bastard was pointing a gun at my son. "

She could still feel the terror she had experienced when she saw he son at gunpoint. She couldn't think of anything else than eliminating the person who was a threat to her son.

The gun that Fluke mentioned was a gift from her father, who was a close acquaintance of the person who designed it.

Never in her life had she thought that she would be using it for the first time in a situation like this.

Fluke chuckled upon seeing Tessa's fearless look. " Please, relax. I was only praising you. You did a great job. In fact, none of the guards had actually noticed him in the first place. If you hadn't taken the shot, it would have been difficult for us to control the damage done. "

If Tessa hadn't shot the assassin down, he might have been successful in shooting Boun. Then, the consequences would have been unbearable.

" Congratulations on your first kill, Khun Tessa. P' Boun would be really glad if he heard this. " Fluke added.

Tessa continued to eye Fluke vigilantly. The person in front of her is a sly fox. She couldn't let her guard down.

"Please eat your food, Khun Tessa. I don't want you to have low blood pressure after skipping breakfast. " Fluke said with his signature smile.

Upon noticing that Tessa hadn't moved an inch, he continued " Don't worry. I haven't added anything to it." He chuckled. "If I really wanted to add something to your food, then I wouldn't be sitting with you here."

Tessa slowly picked up the spoon and dug into the bowl of cucumber and corn salad.

Silence engulfed the table as the duo ate in peace.

Tessa stared at Fluke who seemed to enjoying his food very much. " Ho Fluke, I am sure that you didn't ask me to join you just to enjoy the breakfast. What do you want to talk about? "

" Since you had been lingering around P' Boun's room last night, I am sure that you have witnessed his condition yourself. " Fluke said without looking up from his food.

A lump formed in her throat as she remembered everything. It was her first time witnessing Boun going through a breakdown.

" That was exactly what I was talking about the last time we had a conversation. " Fluke brought the piece of bacon to his lips. " Being with someone with that condition can be laborious. "

"But Prem can handle it, right? He handled it well yesterday. " Tessa herself felt like she was being utterly selfish as she finished speaking.

"Of course, he can handle that. After all, he had encountered such breakdowns previously as well. " Fluke snickered hearing Tessa's tone. It was clear that she only cared about Boun and was talking like a typical mother-in-law.

Tessa could sense the change in Fluke's tone. " N' Fluke, I admit that my son has many flaws. But he really loves Prem as much as the kid loves him. I am sure that Prem's love can change him." She said eagerly.

Fluke's hands paused and he raised his head. "Someone's love can never change the other person, Khun Tessa. It can only create a need or reason for the change. "

He put down his utensils " You know, in P' Boun's case, it is the same. Before he met Prem, he had been living his life as if there was no tomorrow. But after he met Prem, it ignited a need for him to change his ways and hence he had to change. "

"So? Are you planning to separate them? " Tessa asked.

Fluke picked up a napkin and wiped his lips. " As long as you are willing to cooperate, I don't. "

"What do you mean? " Tessa was sceptical.

"Khun Tessa, P' Boun had been taking professional help to overcome his condition for a while now. I am sure that Prem's presence might help him. But you should know that he is someone who has developed clinical depression.

And I don't think you need me to tell you how much of a bitch depression can be. It is like cancer. We can perform surgeries, and take radiation and chemotherapy. But the chances of it recurring are still high. "

" I don't understand what you are trying to say, Nong. "

" If we want to cure P' Boun of his condition, we will have to treat the root cause first. And I am sure that I don't have to spell it out to you. "

Tessa grew silent. She didn't want to comment on the matter.

Fluke took out a black visiting card and placed it on the table. He slid it towards Tessa.

Tessa picked up the card with knitted brows. 'Bob Nirut Tantrakul' the card said.

She had definitely heard of this name. He was the most successful lawyer in the country and had never lost a single case no matter how complicated it was.

" I have already discussed your situation with him and he is willing to help you. All you have to do is give him a call. I hope you choose wisely this time. " Fluke stood up without another word.

Tessa continued to stare blankly at the card in her hand.

"How was it?" Earth asked as he saw Fluke walking over.

Fluke sighed and shook his head. "She is still torn between P' Alan and P' Boun."

"But why? Can't she see how much P' Boun had gone through because of her wrong decisions? Why can't she choose P' Boun for once?" Earth was enraged.

Seeing Tessa's attitude in the previous few days, he was almost convinced that she would support Boun without a doubt.

"Looks like P' Boun isn't her favourite child like she claims."

"Now what?" Earth stared at Fluke who was frowning hard.

"We will have to go with Plan B." Fluke clenched his hair. "Damn, this is so frustrating."

"I just hope that she comes around before it is too late and we can proceed with Plan A. P' Boun is already risking his all in this." Earth felt really helpless.

"Me too. Let's just hope for the best." Fluke sighed again. "We did everything we can, the rest depends on P' Boun's luck."