179.Divorce

"I gave him that. I gave him the invitation to this party. Do you have any objections?" Mintra walked over to the father-son duo along with her daughter-in-law and granddaughter-in-law.

Saen was frozen to the spot. He hadn't expected his mother to have invited Boun over. Given how homophobic she was, there was no chance that she would take the initiative to invite Boun over to join the party.

Boun smirked seeing the comical expression on his father's face. He then looked at his grandmother who was standing not far away from him with an imposing air around her. She was the Matriarch of the Dechaphatthanakun family after all. She had that commanding aura, that could make the people in front of her feel weak on their knees.

"Swadee Khrab, Khun Yay" He took the opportunity to hug his grandmother.

Mintra couldn't push Boun away from the situation. She returned the hug. "Good that you made it here on time."

She wasn't particularly fond of the fact that Boun was into men, but she wasn't one of the old crowd who thought that their opinions would actually matter in their grandchildren's lives. She could only accept the fact and keep her thoughts and opinions to herself.

Saen was annoyed seeing the interactions. Things weren't supposed to be like this.

"I missed you so much, Khun Yay." Boun had always loved his grandmother, even more than the maternal one. If one were to ask him for a reason, he himself didn't know. After Ann, Mintra was his favourite person in his father's family.

"I missed you too, brat," Mintra replied. She did miss him. She missed the days when Boun used to visit her at the main mansion as a kid.

Now realising how much her grandson had grown, she felt her heart ache for having missed all those past years without seeing him.

Boun chuckled at his grandmother's words, holding back his tears. He was getting emotional. But he knew that he couldn't afford to. He couldn't afford to cry. He couldn't afford to show his weak side.

Mintra noticed her son's not-so-good expression. "Today is such an auspicious day for all of us. Don't you think our whole family should be together?"

"Mae, we have already removed his name from our family," Saen remarked, hating the close proximity between his son and mother.

"You may have kicked him out of your family, but he is still my grandson," Mintra answered as she started walking towards the stage.

"But Mae-" Saen wanted to defend but had to stop when Mintra halted in her tracks.

"Saen, my dear son, do you think your mae is too old?" Mintra asked and Saen shook his head in denial. "Then do you feel that I have become senile or have developed some dementia or something?"

"No Mae that is not what I meant-"

"If that is not what you meant, then why are you questioning my authority in this family?" Mintra looked at her son as if looking at a lowly worm. She started walking again

"Mae, this faggot has ruined our family's name!" Saen exclaimed, wanting to throw Boun out.

"He is way better than you who went around the world sowing your seeds," Mintra replied. "God knows how many illegitimate children you have in those mistresses and bedmates of yours."

Saen felt extremely humiliated as he listened to the words. And the fact that she was saying it publically, loud enough for others to hear, made him fume in anger.

He could only grid his teeth together and hold himself back till it was time for his plan to be put into action. 'You just wait old witch. I will show you what power is and how one should use it.' he thought.

Saen was completely unaware that his plan had fallen through and almost all of his men were caught by the police with the assistance of Boun and his team.

Just as the group reached the raised platform, Saen's phone started ringing.

Seeing that it was his secretary he smiled internally. He thought that the secretary was calling him to give him a green signal. He happily answered the call.

"Boss! Our goods were captured." The secretary's voice came from the other side. From the way the other party was breathing heavily as he spoke, it seemed that he was running.

"What?" Saen was shocked.

He had been involved in the illegal business ever since he was a teenager be it drugs, trafficking, money laundering, fraud, rape, etc. There had never been one instinct in which any of his underlings or goods were caught.

"All of our men were taken away by the police" the secretary panted "It was a trap! We walked into a trap! Khun Saen, Please-" the call got cut off mid-way.

"Hello? Hello?" Saen was flustered. He tried calling his secretary's number. But it was switched off.

Ting Ting

Mintra knocked her champagne glass with a spoon to get everyone's attention. She held the mike and observed the crowd till they turned silent.

She smiled and started speaking. "Swadee Kha, everyone. I hope all of you are enjoying the party." She ran her gaze through the crowd like a teacher. "I would like to use this occasion to make a few announcements."

Murmurs spread across the audience as they watched Mintra turning towards her second daughter-in-law. "Tessa, why don't you take the stage?" She gave her an encouraging smile.

Saen who was fiddling with his phone trying to contact his underlings paused when he saw Tessa getting on the stage and taking the mike from his mother.

The obnoxious feeling he got earlier was getting denser and denser with every moment.

"Swadee kha everyone," Tessa said in a hoarse voice. She was trembling and her hands holding the mike were cold. A bold businesswoman like her felt weak as she faced the crowd attending the party.

"Today, I am standing in front of you to make some major announcements." She bit her lip holding back the tears that she didn't know were of happiness or sadness. "I am here to announce that I, Tessa Thongprasom Guntachai and Khun Saen Boromwuti Dechaphatthankun are no longer a married couple. We have officially gotten divorced."

Tessa raised the divorce certificate for everyone to see. She had almost given up the idea of getting a divorce from Saen after failing so many times. But Bob, the lawyer Fluke introduced to her had helped her get a divorce without getting Saen involved.

Everyone was shocked by the news and of everyone, Saen was the one who was shocked the most.

He stood below the stage gaping like a fish out of water. The next instant, he leapt onto the stage snatched the certificate from her hand and started reading it. He couldn't believe his eyes. He had been procrastinating the divorce all these years. Not that he wanted to live with Tessa but because he couldn't find a way to get his hands on her assets and properties.

If things had gone as he had planned, he would have been able to take on everything she and her family owned other tonight and throw them out. But yet today, he was the one being kicked in the crib.