94. Decision

Happy Boun Day everyone

✨✨✨

" I want you to stay away from Prem. Either you do it yourself or I will make sure that you do it myself. "

Fluke's words made Boun's heart drop to the pit of his stomach. "But..."

"I know that you love him and that he loves you, phi. But for me, his life and his safety matter very much. I had made a lot of adjustments and sacrifices to make sure that he lives the life of an ordinary guy, away from our world of chaos. Yet staying with you had dragged him back into square one and I can't let that happen. I can't let him take such a huge risk. I don't want Prem to turn into a walking target for the people who wants to harm you."

Fluke spoke in a single breath trying his best not to show any emotion or sympathy towards Boun.

Boun didn't speak, he just listened.

"He was born and brought up in a normal middle-class family, phi. He is unaware of all chaos and cruelty in the world of the rich. His world is simple and content and I don't want to change it." Fluke was whispering the last sentence as he choked on his tears.

"I... I don't think I can live without him, Fluke." Boun sniffled. He had his doubts regarding the involvement of his enemies in the whole thing. And Fluke's words just confirmed his suspicion.

"If you want him you will have to fight Phi." Fluke glanced at Boun. "You will have to fight them and take back everything that they have taken from you all those years ago."

Boun looked at Fluke with glossy eyes.

"You should stop being a coward and face them. Face them as the Heir of the Guntanchai Family, as the grandson of Surasak Guntanchai." Fluke put away the empty glass and stood up.

"I do understand your past decisions, Phi. At that time that would have been the best choice for you. To run away and seek cover. Everyone has a moment of vulnerability and so did you. I wouldn't point fingers at you for that. But a lion will always have to go back and claim his throne and it's high time you do it."

Fluke had only moved a few steps past Boun when the latter called out. "What do I have to do Fluke?"

He smirked hearing the determination in Boun's voice. "Let's talk inside shall we." He gestured for Boun to follow him.

Fluke led Boun to his study. "Have a seat, phi." He said politely.

"Let's get started, shall we?" Fluke asked as soon as Boun got seated. He sat opposite Boun and spoke "Actually when the whole scandal, rumour thing started I didn't know that it would have anything to do with you or those people. But when Prem was attacked, I grew suspicious."

Fluke ran his fingers through his long brown hair, combing them back. "Since I felt that something wasn't quite right about the situation, I sent people to guard his Mae and Por and it turned out to be useful. Someone attacked them with the intention of seriously injuring them. The people I sent were professional but still ended up in the hospital after the encounter."

Boun was surprised to hear that even Prem's parents were being targeted.

"This confirmed my doubts. Normal anti-fans or netizens wouldn't go all the way to Chiang Mai and injure his Por-Mae just because he decided to take part in a bl series. That's why I decided to do some digging and I found these." Fluke handed his tablet to Boun. "Do you recognise these people?"

Boun looked at the photos Fluke showed him and nodded. "Aren't these people the ones Prem beat up in the pub the other day?"

"Yeah." Fluke took back his tablet. "Someone paid for their bail and got them out of jail."

"And is that someone my Phi?" Boun asked wishing his guess was wrong.

Fluke looked at Boun for a second before nodding. He could see Boun's deflated expression. Blood was thicker than water after all. Even after everything he had to go through it was evident that Boun still cared about his eldest brother.

"It was indeed P' Alan. In fact, the one who had gaslighted Green into trying to take advantage of you was also him."

Boun clenched his fists in anger and disappointment. His eldest brother used to be his idol when he was young but everything changed from the day his brother removed his fake mask of love from his face.

"He had been funding Green and his friends all this while. His near-perfect plan got disrupted when Prem came into the picture and that's why he started targeting Prem. Not to mention that at this point, Prem is your biggest weakness."

Fluke sneered looking at a photo of Alan shaking hands with Green. "Little did he know that Prem was not just your weakness but also your strength. By the time he realized this, he made a much more elaborate plan to cut off all your supportive pillars altogether. He joined hands with the Khuruwityophats to attack P' Kao and P' Ohm along with Prem."

"In conclusion, we can say that he was the mastermind behind the whole scheme." Fluke exhaled deeply. "But I am kind of disappointed you know." He shook his head in disappointment. "Initially, I let him have a little bit of a sense of victory. But who knew that his ego would be so easily inflated and he would become so careless and end up giving away everything."

He tsked handing the tablet back to Boun. "Here you go. It has details of everything he did, the people he had been in touch with, his resources and everything and anything I could find about him."

Boun took the tablet and started browsing through the content. His brows furrowed deeper and deeper while Fluke fiddled with his newly done fingernails.

"The drug that you tested, the one Peach was going to inject on Ohm, was one of the banned drugs developed by Guntachai Pharmaceuticals?" Boun asked looking up at Fluke.

"Yup. Your Phi had been using your position and authority as the heir to control the employees under the Guntanchai family. I also found evidence that he is using your family's company as a cover for developing illegal drugs." Fluke said leaning back against the armrest.

Boun's eyes burned in anger. As someone who was brought up as the heir of the family, he knew well enough what would happen if the family's resources were used in the wrong place by the wrong people.

"Damn it." He cursed. He couldn't believe that his eldest brother was ruining their grandfather's years' worth of hard work right under his nose. He regretted not looking into the matter earlier and for being selfish and neglecting his duties and responsibilities towards his family.