180. Divorce 2

"The two of us parting ways would also mean that Khun Boromwuti will be officially removed from the board of directors of GC Industries. All the shares he owned in the company will be transferred to me as alimony." Tessa recited out.

Saen was dumbstruck by the announcement.

GC Industries aka the business empire of the Guntachai family was his biggest asset. He had spent a large part of his wealth to obtain the shares of the company. It was his backup plan in case he couldn't succeed in taking over the Dechaphatthanakun family.

"Alongside the divorce, I will also be pressing charges against Khun Boromwuti of domestic violence, marital rape, intentional injury, murder attempt and money embezzlement," Tessa added.

The whole crowd was shaken by the announcement. It wasn't normal for any couple to announce something like this to others.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU SAY BITCH?" Saen lost it. He was already tensed up about the goods and now listening to Tessa humiliating him in front of all those people, he was outraged.

He lunged forward to slap Tessa, but his hand was firmly caught by someone. When he realised that the one holding his hand was none other than his second son who never had the guts to go against him before.

"Oreo, let go of my hand!" He commanded.

"No, Dad." Oreo stood firmly in front of his mother, covering her petite physique with his from Saen's vision. "Not today. Not from today onwards."

All these years he had been helpless, despite knowing what his mother was going through. He wasn't strong enough to go against his father. But now that Tessa had already made the stand for herself, he promised himself that he would support her wholeheartedly.

"Till yesterday, you were her husband and I was in no position to interfere between you two. But today you are just a stranger to her and I will not let a stranger raise his hand on her." He stared at Saen right in his eyes.

Saen felt his blood boil in anger "Oreo, are you sure that you want to go against your own Por for a woman?"

"Khun Por Khrab, you are forgetting that the woman whom you are referring to here is my own Mae. The woman who had put up with all antics for over three decades." Oreo didn't address his father as 'Dad' anymore. He was cutting ties with him to stay by his mother's side.

He fearlessly continued. "Today, no one can stop me from taking her side. Because I know she deserves better. Much better than you."

Tessa teared up seeing her son protect her. She wasn't expecting Oreo to step in. He had always been the silent kind that stayed away from worldly matters. Yet, today, for her sake, he was opposing his own father. She felt overwhelmed.

Boun stood beneath the stage watching the scene unfold slowly. He felt proud of both his mother and second brother.

It hadn't been an easy job to convince his mother to go forward with the divorce. She was literally traumatized by the methods Saen had used to stop the divorce from happening through the years.

What surprised him more was Oreo, who mostly remained neutral in the matter without taking sides in the matter. He was happy that the latter had finally started having his own opinions.

"Mom, Oreo, you guys should stop. You are creating a scene here." Alan intervened. From his tone, it was clear as a day that he was on Saen's side.

Tessa looked at her eldest son in disappointment. He had been led astray by his father. She turned to her daughter-in-law who was standing not too far away and spoke on the mic. "Merlin, didn't you say that you too had something to announce?"

"Kha, Mom." Merlin gave her a thin smile. Under her husband's piercing gaze she stepped up to the stage.

As she got on the stage, a bunch of maids followed her.

Merlin looked at the audience below the stage. Her whole family was there. Her family had wholeheartedly supported Alan to date. Being a traditional family, they valued their son-in-law so much.

Her gaze met with her mother's. Her mother's eyes were telling her to get off the stage and not to add fuel to the scene. But Merlin chose to turn a blind eye towards her mother. She had made up her mind. It was now or never a situation for her. She couldn't back down now.

Merlin took the cotton pad smeared with makeup remover and started wiping off the thick makeup on her face.

Alan panicked at the sight. "Merlin, what the hell are you doing?" He wanted to stop Merlin from doing it but was held back by Oreo.

"You should calm down," Oreo said with a mocking smirk.

Alan glared at Oreo. He had always kept the facade of a good husband and a caring father in front of everyone but his mask would be torn apart if he allowed Merlin to continue. But no matter how much he struggled he couldn't get rid of Oreo's grip.

Merlin, on the other hand, removed the final layer of makeup, revealing her face. She had a black eye on one side and bruises on her cheeks.

The maid helped her take off the glittery, long-sleeved high-collared coat that she was wearing over the backless evening gown. As the coat was taken off, the purplish bruises came to the vision. Merlin slowly turned around, revealing the whip marks on her back to the audience.

Loud gasps were heard from the crowd. People were shocked seeing the bruises and multiple injuries on Merlin. There were both fresh injuries and old ones on her body.

The way people looked at Alan changed. The people who were affected the most were Merlin's parents who couldn't believe what they just saw.

"Swadee Kha everyone, I am sure that you all have already guessed what I have to announce here today. But I will say it loud and clear so that no one leaving this will be confused." Melin glanced at her husband who was looking at her murderously. "I, Merlin Kalpita Cheamchuem am filing divorce against my husband, Alan Anupart Dechaphatthanakun on grounds of adultery, and physical and emotional abuse. I will also be pressing charges for child abuse on him on behalf of my daughter Lyra Lavanya Dechaphatthanakun."

Merlin had a determined expression on her face. She had put up with Alan for long enough. She couldn't do it anymore. She knew that by staying in this toxic relationship, she wouldn't be just risking her life, but also her three children's. She had to free herself from this marriage. For her children's sake and for her own sake.

"Merlin! What nonsense are you spouting? Are you in cahoots with them?" Alan yelled. He couldn't keep his composure.

Merlin wordlessly stared at Alan. She got more and more confident seeing Alan lose his composure in front of so many people.