141. Caught

"Ohm, are you sure that they will come?" Tessa asked nervously.

"Khrab, Pa. I am sure that they will be here in a while." Ohm assured his aunt.

Tessa was tensed. She was going to meet her son after a long time. She hoped that Boun would give her a chance to talk to him.

One of the reasons she decided to attend Ohm's paternal grandparents' wedding anniversary celebration party was that she could see Boun without arousing Saen's suspicions. Her husband and elder son were away on some business trip and she took the opportunity to find a chance to meet up with Boun.

She had been dying to talk to Boun after she found that he had reconnected with her parents and was willing to come back home. She wanted to clear all misunderstandings between them and give him a warm tight hug to let him know how much she loved him.

"Tessa, relax." Ann squeezed her friend's shoulder. She was the only one who knew how much Tessa had endured for Boun's sake. She hoped that her nephew would find it in him to at least listen to Tessa.

Tessa smiled at her friend gratefully. She let Ann lead her to the nearby room where she could wait for Boun's arrival. Settling down on the comfortable couch drinking a glass of water, Tessa closed her eyes. The past memories came rushing to her mind.

Flashback.

Twenty-six years ago.

Tessa was especially happy. She had managed to crack one of the biggest deals with their business partner. The deal was her dream project and she was over the moon to have it come to reality.

After having her second child, she almost thought that she wouldn't be get her career back on track. Her husband thought the same and he wasn't really supportive of her decision to leave the three-year-old Oreo in a nanny's care and go back to work.

Not like she had any other option. She was the only daughter of her parents and she didn't want her father to continue taking on all the work pressure.

Tessa skipped her way to her newly brought penthouse. The penthouse was a birthday gift from her parents.

She was planning on decorating the place and surprising her husband when he came back from France after the business trip, in the penthouse.

Tessa frowned as she got out of the car, as she saw her husband's car parked in the parking lot of the penthouse. She shrugged it off thinking that her husband might have left it there before going for the trip.

The odd feeling only grew when Tessa didn't see any staff as she entered the penthouse. No security, no maids, not even the housekeeper was there. Even though she was a bit irritated she decided to let it go as she thought that not having them around would be better as she wanted to spend some alone time with her husband after so long.

She opened the door to the penthouse and walked in. The penthouse was supposed to be empty but she heard some noise coming from the master bedroom. It was as if someone was talking and that someone seemed to be her husband.

She noiselessly walked to the open door.

Tessa felt her body freeze when she saw the sight inside the room.

In the huge bed, lay her husband, Saen who seemed to be naked, given the pieces of clothes lying on the floor. Wrapped up in his arms was a woman, whom Tessa identified as her husband's secretary. The duo was lying comfortably beneath the warm duvet.

The red marks on the woman's neck and chest screamed out what had happened in the room before Tessa's arrival.

Tessa took a step back leaning against the wall for support. Her marriage. Her love. Everything had come crashing down on her at that moment. She could hear the sickeningly sweet voice of the woman coming from the room.

"P' Saen, Kha." The woman drew circles on Saen's firm chest with her fingers.

"What is it, my love?" Saen smiled affectionately at the woman in his arms.

"What will we do if Khun Tessa finds out about us?" the woman asked coyly.

"You don't have to worry about her, my love. She is too busy taking care of her dad's business that she rarely has time for anything." Saen answered running his fingers through the woman's hair.

"P' Saen, I am scared of her." The woman curled closer to Saen.

Saen chuckled proudly. "What are you scared about?"

"That you would leave me if she finds out." The woman quickly started her waterworks. the crocodile tears started flowing down her eyes without delay.

As a male, Saen's ego quickly boosted seeing the fragile woman in his arms. Compared to the smart and independent woman like his wife, he preferred sweet and coy women like the one he was currently holding.

He gently raised her chin with his finger and spoke fondly "You shouldn't be worried about that my love. I don't love her. Our marriage was just for the sake of convenience. There was no love and there will never be.

You know, the last time I touched her, I was so disgusted seeing all those ugly stretchmarks and loose skin on her belly. Earlier she was at least good to look at. But now, after giving birth to two kids, she has become an ugly hag whom I never even want to see." Disgust was evident in Saen's eyes as he spoke.

"Then why don't you leave her, Phi?" the woman asked.

"I really wish I could. But I am yet to get my hands on her properties. That old dog has been guarding against me for a while now. All these years I had been putting up with that arrogant bitch for the sake of making him lower his guard against me. Once I get my hands on all those properties, I will kick those three out without hesitation." Saen said gritting his teeth.

His father-in-law had been reluctant to hand over the inheritance to him or his sons all these years after marriage and that was frustrating him.

Tessa who finally understood her husband's true colours felt crushed. She felt like an idiot for loving that man and marrying him despite her father advising her not to.

She turned around and ran out of the penthouse. She didn't want to confront Saen. She couldn't.

She was in no condition to drive. Luckily her driver hadn't left. She got inside the car and asked the driver to drive away.

She didn't know where she should go now or what she should do. She was heartbroken and confused. She felt dizzy and uncomfortable. Slowly her vision turned blurred and she passed out in the backseat of the car.

✨✨✨

What do you think about getting Boun a step father? Let me know in the comments.