117. Colt

Colt lay wide awake on his bed inside the prison cell. The moonlight filtering in through the ventilator illuminated his soft pale skin.

He hadn't slept for the past two weeks. The dark circles that accumulated under his eyes spoke for themselves. Not that he didn't want to sleep but because of two reasons that kept him awake.

First being the birthday of the person who wrecked his life and the second, the stranger who visited him two weeks ago.

He pulled out the visiting card the stranger handed to him at the meeting from his back pocket.

It read 'Mean Phiravich Attachitsataporn, legal advisor N & T enterprises.'

He ran his fingers through the golden bold words on the card.

Up until the stranger's visit, he wasn't anticipating anything. He had turned numb. The eight years in prison had been hell for him. he lost count of how many times he got raped and bullied by the inmates. He couldn't even defend most of the time.

The stranger's visit had not only given him a trace of hope but also lit the fire of revenge inside him. he wanted to avenge himself. He wanted to make the person who made his life a living hell pay for it.

He laid on his back and thought back to his meeting with the stranger.

Flashback

Colt entered the visiting area. In the eight years of prison, he has had no visitors. He had no family or friends who would be willing to visit him. he was alone.

He saw a man who seemed to be in his mid-twenties dressed in a three-piece suit sitting there, waiting for him.

He waied at the stranger who returned the gesture.

"Who are you?" He asked.

The stranger handed his card and introduced himself. "I am the legal advisor of N & T Enterprises."

Colt was confused. He has never heard of the company and he had no idea why their legal advisor would be here to meet him.

"I can understand your confusion, Colt." Mean chuckled. "You must be wondering what is going on, right?"

Colt nodded without hesitation.

"Khun Robin and Khun Nai, your Por-Mae used to work for us." Mean started explaining. "They were quite close to our Chairman and his family as well. When they passed away in the car accident years ago, their last wish was that Chairman could take care of you."

Colt was shocked to hear the new information. He was only four when his parents died and he didn't even remember how they looked like.

"Our chairman wanted to adopt you after your parent's death. But your Khun Yay was unwilling to let you go. She said that you were the last family member she had and she wanted to keep you with her. As she was your legal guardian back then, we had to back out." Mean paused.

Colt bit his lips. He started wondering how different his life would have been if he was adopted by the chairman and not raised by his grandmother who died when he was twelve.

"We weren't notified of your grandmother's death. By the time we found out, you were already in jail. We couldn't trace you anymore and we had no way of knowing where you were until recently. We were shocked to find out about what happened to you and tried to reopen the case to get you out but the case was sealed forever. We had no other option but to wait till your sentence is over."

"What are you here for?" Colt asked.

"Our Chairman wants to take you in as he had promised your Por-Mae."

"He wants to take in an ex-convict like me." Colt chuckled.

"Colt, whether you believe it or not, we have already looked into the case and we know that you weren't in the wrong. It was your bad that you got caught in the war between two brothers within a rich family for power and money. The only thing you did wrong was that you picked the wrong side to stand on in the war."

"I picked the wrong side?" Colt pointed at himself.

"Yes. But we won't blame you for the choice. I can totally understand your choice. People often tend to choose the side that has a higher chance of winning the war. But by doing that you made the people who had the ability to pull you out of all the distress turn against you. You practically forced them to send you to jail."

"In short, you are saying that whatever happened to me is all my fault?" Colt gritted his teeth.

"No Colt. None of this is your fault. You were just a kid and you did what anyone in your condition would do."

Colt clenched his fists beneath the table.

"Let's not talk about the past and discuss the future." Mean called for Colt's attention.

The younger looked up. "What future?"

"You will be released in less than two months. Chairman wants to help you get your life back on track."

"Back on track?" Colt sneered.

"I know what you have been through in the past few years, Colt and there is nothing we can do to change that. Our chairman sincerely hopes that you can let go of the past and try to live a normal life like you always wanted to."

A normal life? Colt didn't think it was possible for him. he had been destroyed, physically, mentally and emotionally. He didn't even have the courage to dream of a normal life.

"How does he propose I do that?" Colt crossed his legs and sat comfortably.

"He had already made arrangements for you to leave this country after you come out of jail. He has made arrangements for your stay. He has also arranged for you to be home-schooled so that you can graduate from school and join a university to complete your education. After you get your degree, you can either find a job of your choice or join N & T, according to your wish."

Colt mulled on the offer. "What does he want in return for all these?"

"He doesn't want anything in return. Your Por and Mae have been his close friends." Mean said. "You don't have to be in a hurry to make a decision. Take your time, sleep over it before making the final decision."

The guards pressed the buzzer indicating that the visiting time was up.

"I will visit you again next month. Let me know your answer then. If it is a yes, our people will pick you up on the day you are released." Mean stood up from his seat.

The two waied each other and went separate ways.

✨✨✨

Please don't curse at me for telling Colt's side of the story. I always felt that every villain's back story deserved to be heard. Do you think that Colt was completely at fault for causing his fall? Or do you think that anyone in his place would have chosen to betray Boun? Let me know what you think.