16. Luring the prey into the trap

Weeks and days passed by quickly.

Prem had submitted his final thesis and got approval from his professors.

He was now waiting for his internship term to complete, when Tae invited him to Benz’s birthday party they were going to celebrate outside the city.

As it was a weekend, and he needed a break for himself, Prem decided to join the trip cum birthday celebration that Tae had arranged.

They were going to Pattaya for a day and night.

By the time Prem got on the bus, almost all seats were filled by the football match gang members.

The only seats available were the ones next to Boun.

Prem awkwardly waied to Boun before taking a seat.

After the kissing incident in the bar, even though they had been chatting on the phone, Prem had avoided meeting or answering calls from Boun.

Now, sitting next to the elder who was smiling ear to ear made him feel weird.
It didn’t take long before the duo became comfortable with each other again chatting continuously with each other till the bus halted.

Instead of checking into their rooms, the group handed their luggage to the hotel staff and went to the club where the party was to be held.

The club wasn’t very big. It was perfect for small-sized parties like theirs.

Tae had prepared many surprises for Benz from gifts to videos to his favorite cake.

Prem was impressed to see the romantic side of Tae. He wouldn’t deny that he was feeling a bit envious seeing the couple who were cutting the birthday cake together.

Prem’s phone vibrated indicating that it received an email.

Prem was eagerly waiting for one since morning.

Today was the day the National Sports Council will send out their decision about his return to the team.

About two weeks ago, Prem received an order from NSC to undergo a full body checkup.

Prem knew that the results of the checkup would influence the NSC’s decisions, hence he went ahead with it.

Finding a quiet spot in the club, Prem opened the mail, muttering a prayer.
The content of the email was however opposite to what he prayed for.

It stated that the examination results had found varying levels of injuries on his muscles and tendons, which need to be treated. The same NSC had prohibited him from taking part in any competition.

In the meantime, he will be provided with regular treatment and therapies sponsored by the NSC.

Prem exhaled deeply.

He looked at the crowd in front of him, dancing and drinking happily.

He badly wanted to have a drink. But his career was hanging by thread. He couldn’t take risks at this point.

As it was a birthday party, a buffet-style dinner was also arranged.

Instead of drinking alcohol, he decided to face the problem the way he used to face it before he turned legal age. That was by overeating.

He heard his stomach rumble as he looked at the food items in front of him.

Without further due, Prem grabbed a few plates and filled them to the brim with different food items. From appetizers to the main courses to desserts, he didn’t miss anything.

Settling down on a corner of the pub that was partially isolated, Prem started gobbling down the food items.

Boun had been searching for Prem.

Prem was standing next to him when the couple was cutting the cake. But after a few minutes, he was gone.

Boun looked everywhere for the young one but couldn’t find a trace of him.

Finally, after walking around for a long time, Boun found Prem sitting in the isolated corner of the club, stuffing his face with food.

“I didn’t know you were this hungry.” Boun chuckled seeing the empty plates and the large number of plates that were filled with various kinds of food.

Prem was in his second round of eating. He was surprised to see that someone had actually found him there.

“Why didn’t you eat those snacks I gave you on the bus? Then you said you were not feeling hungry.” Boun took a seat next to Prem.

Prem’s cheeks were puffed with food.
Prem managed to swallow the food inside his mouth before replying to Boun.

“I am not eating because I’m hungry. I’m eating because I’m under stress. Ever heard of the term ‘stress eating’?” Prem took another plate of food.

“So, what are you stressed about all of a sudden? You were alright a while ago.”

Boun asked watching Prem finish almost half of the table of food.

“Just stuff. I still can’t drink. So, food is my only relief.”

Within a few minutes, the whole table was emptied.

Seeing that Prem was going to get more food, Boun stopped him.

“Aren’t afraid of getting fat after eating so much?” Boun couldn’t help but ask.
“So what? What if I get fat phi? Nothing’s going to change. I will still look cute even if I gain some weight. Don’t you think so?” Prem struck a cute pose.

Boun felt his heart being struck by cupid’s arrow.

He became more determined to take Prem down tonight.

“This is not called stress eating. This is an eating disorder.” Boun blocked Prem’s way.

“Ho, P’ Boun. What else can I do here other than eat? I can’t touch alcohol nor am I in the mood to dance. Everyone is enjoying themselves. What should I do sitting here?” Prem pouted.

“If you are feeling bored here, let’s go back to the hotel.” Boun frowned at the stubborn young man.

“I can go myself. You should go enjoy yourself here.” Prem found Boun’s suggestion a good idea.

“No, I am coming with you. We will be sharing a room anyway. I don’t want to wake you up in the middle of the night when I come in.”

Boun didn’t give Prem a chance to argue back.

He held the latter’s hand and walked out of the club after sending a text to Tae, telling them that he was taking Prem with him.

The nightlife of Pattaya was quite lively.

As Boun had told him that the hotel where their accommodation was arranged, Prem enjoyed the night view of the street they were walking by. His hand was still being held by the elder.

Prem had no idea that he was walking into the lion’s den as he followed Boun.

Boun was not taking Prem to their original hotel that Tae had arranged for them, but the one he had booked for him and Prem alone. Boun had already sent people to make arrangements to transfer their luggage from the previous hotel to this hotel.

Upon arriving at the hotel, Boun asked Prem to wait while he got the keys.

Prem looked at the name board of the hotel that read ‘GD Love Hotel’.

He had no idea how a love hotel was different from a normal hotel. He thought that since it was arranged by Tae, it must have something to do with the surprise he planned for Benz.

Prem was looking around when Boun approached him and handed him the room card, asking him to go ahead to the room as Boun had something to settle in the reception.

Prem didn’t ask any further questions and let the bellboy lead the way.