105. Messed up

Boun lay on his bed staring blankly at the ceiling. His thoughts were a mess. Something was telling him that he had been screwed up for some reason. Prem, who had been happy to see him turned ice cold after they finished their meal. Boun knew that it couldn't be just because he finished eating faster than he usually did. Because he did wait for Prem to finish his food and they had even washed the dishes together.

"Did I do something stupid again?" he mumbled laying on his side, facing the window.

They had just finished doing the dishes when Prem got a call from someone, whom Boun assumed was one of the investors working with him on the coaching centre project, asking him for a meeting. Prem had agreed without delay and went ahead to have a video conference with them, leaving Boun behind.

Several hours had passed and Prem was showing no signs of ending the meeting. Boun had no option but to retire to the bedroom. He tried to fall asleep. But it was way too early for that. The tiredness and sleepiness he had when he arrived were long gone after seeing Prem waiting for him.

Boun became alert when he heard noises outside the room. He was sure that Prem had finished his conference. When the door opened, he subconsciously closed his eyes, pretending to be asleep.

Prem glanced at the sleeping Boun and proceeded to take a pair of pajamas from the wardrobe and headed to the bathroom to change.

'Why the hell was I acting as if I was asleep?' Boun wanted to kick himself.

Minutes later, Prem walked out of the bathroom in his satin pajama and sat in front of the dressing table to apply lotion over.

Boun slowly opened his eyes and took a moment to admire his selection of clothes. The ruby red satin pajama he had selected for Prem highlighted the younger's pale skin. It took him a lot of effort on his part to stop himself from pouncing on Prem.

He silently watched Prem apply the lotion on his hands and neck. The scene was not of any help for his condition.

Just as he was going to stop pretending to be asleep and go to Prem, the younger's phone vibrated.

Prem looked at the caller's name and glanced at Boun laying on the bed before silencing the call and walking out to attend it.

Boun who felt a little curious followed Prem steadily.

"What is it, bitch?" Prem stopped in the living area and looked out of the window watching the starry sky. "Didn't I tell you not to call me tonight? I am at Hia's place."

Prem's words made Boun's heart go on red alert. No matter how much he tried he couldn't hear what the other party was saying.

"Surprise? It was a shocker." Prem snorted. "I almost met the grim reaper today."

"He came in and thought that I was an intruder or something and was about to shoot me." He sighed. "I think he doesn't even remember that I live here anymore."

Boun clenched his fists. He had indeed made a mistake this time.

"Yeah. I did have dinner with him but he didn't seem to want to be here. I think he had plans with someone else and I interrupted it" Prem played with the curtains. "He was dressed up to go out. He must have expected me to leave when he arrived."

Boun noticed that Prem's expression didn't look good. He suddenly got a feeling that Prem giving him the cold shoulder earlier had something to do with the food they ate.

"Yeah, the one I cooked." Prem's face grew gloomier and Boun instantly understood what had happened. He had never expected Prem to cook as the younger disliked cooking and preferred eating.

"What he said? He said 'not bad'." Prem imitated Boun's voice and facial expression. "It took me more than three hours to cook all that. I cook a freaking feast here and all that Damn guy said was 'not bad'." Prem frustratingly kicked the floor.

He couldn't express how bad he felt that Boun was being dismissive about the whole food thing. He knew that he sounded unreasonable since Boun wasn't aware that the food was cooked by him. But still, it irked him somehow.

"I shouldn't have wasted so much time cooking for him." Prem sulked. "No, I shouldn't have been here in the first place."

Boun started feeling guilty. He could imagine how eager Prem would have been for his feedback and he had paid no attention to what he ate or how it tasted. 'Your Pao had cooked so many dishes for you and look at what you did Boun.' He cursed at himself.

"He didn't know?" Prem snorted. "He washed all those utensils I used to cook. Even a blind man with a negative IQ could tell that the food was cooked at home."

'Damn,' Boun felt heavy-hearted hearing Prem. He wasn't paying any attention to those utensils and hence ended up not considering the probability that Prem had actually cooked for him.

"If I had all the money, I spend on refurnishing your kitchen after I had burned it down while practising my cooking skills, I could have redone my car's interior." Prem sulked.

"Anyway, leave it." Prem sighed and waved his hands in the air as if he was wiping everything away. "The next few days, can I crash at your place? I have nowhere to go." He said half whining.

"Please say no. please say no." Boun silently prayed that the other party would deny Prem's request.

"Your jokes these days aren't funny, buddy." Prem brooded. "He didn't even want to stay and have a meal with me and you are telling me to ask him to stay with me for a whole day? Are you so eager to see me mortify myself?"

"No, Pao. I did want to have a meal with you." Boun whispered biting his nails. He didn't know that he looked disinterested to Prem.

"I know. I know. I was planning the same. I too want to spend time with him. But what can I do if he doesn't want to? I can't force him to stay, can I?" a single tear drop rolled down Prem's cheeks which he immediately wiped away. "I better spend the days off at your place relaxing instead of stressing over Hia."

Boun wanted to bang his head against the wall. He knew he had messed up big time.

"Khrab," Prem said. During the rest of the conversation, Prem mostly hummed or answered in one word, making it difficult for Boun to make out what he was talking about.

Suddenly, Prem felt himself being engulfed in a bear hug and he could guess who it was.