103. Home

Boun parked the car in front of his villa. He loosened the seat belt and leaned against the backrest of the driver's seat. The last three-four days' worth of exhaustion was catching up with him. he hadn't slept properly for days.

Running around to convince the Board of Directors of a big conglomerate was no easy job. Especially when you had lost their trust once. Boun had spent the latter half of the previous week trying to gain the favour of the bunch of businessmen who were already on Alan's side.

In the years he was away, Alan had expanded his network a lot. Starting from high-level directors to low-level interns, Alan's people had infiltrated the whole conglomerate, giving him access to almost all resources of the system.

Taking such huge power away from Alan and gaining control over the company was not going to be easy. But Boun didn't give up. He couldn't. He had to take it back. He had to take back everything that belonged to him.

He closed his eyes and tried to clear his head. He massaged the region between his brows to ease the tension. He badly needed a break or his body won't be able to take it. he needed a good night's sleep to regain all the energy he needed.

Boun had asked his guards to go back and headed to his private villa. He wanted to be alone for a while.

He got out of the car and walked into the villa. As he unlocked the front door, he felt that something was not right. His hand discreetly reached out for the handgun hanging on his waist.

He cautiously took steps into the villa. He heard sounds from inside, indicating that someone had entered his villa. It was no surprise to him. he had long expected something like that to happen. With all the evidence that he had against Alan, it would be a shocker if the latter didn't send people to get those evidence from him.

Boun warily pulled out the gun and readied himself. He hid behind the door and peeked in.

He could make out that it was a guy and he was alone. But the noise coming from within the room confused him. it didn't sound like the guy was searching for anything.

With a jump, he directly pointed the gun at the intruder.

Prem was so shocked to see Boun pointing a loaded gun at him that he dropped the vacuum cleaner to the floor "Hia!".

"Pao?" Boun had totally forgotten that he was not the only one that was living in the villa anymore. Prem was co-inhabiting with him.

"Swadee Hia" Prem muttered eyeing the gun.

"Oh? Swadee." Boun lowered the gun smiling embarrassedly. He scratched the back of his head feeling that he had made a fool of himself. "Ahem..." he cleared his throat. "You... didn't have shoot today?"

Boun wanted to dissipate the award atmosphere.

"Khrab Hia. Only P' Ohm and Fluke have shoot for the whole week. It was the day off for me." Prem picked up the vacuum cleaner and started cleaning as if nothing had happened. His heart was banging against the rib cage. He just had a big fright being attacked like that when he least expected it.

"Then... I will go get freshened up." Boun found an excuse to leave the room. He was just too embarrassed to face Prem at the moment. He couldn't believe that he didn't recognize Prem or even thought of a probability that the younger would be there.

"Khrab." Prem concentrated on cleaning the carpet as if it was the dirtiest thing in the world.

Boun strode away not wanting to appear flustered. He entered the bedroom and closed the door behind him. "Fuck. What the hell did you just do Boun?" he facepalmed sliding down the door.

"You are meeting him alone after all this while and that is all you have to ask him? And what's with all those stupid actions. He is Pao, your Pao. How could you point a gun at him? he looked so scared." Boun clenched his hair. "ARGH" groaning at his own actions. "Way to go, Boun. You are great." He praised himself sarcastically. He got up from the floor.

"Damn. I look like shit." Boun looked at his reflection in the full-length mirror. Dark circles, dry skin, dishevelled hair, crumbled clothes, he really was a mess.

Boun had always taken care of his appearance, especially in front of Prem. He was always presentable whenever he appeared in front of the younger.

He smelled his armpits and his face cringed from the foul smell of sweat. he grabbed a towel and rushed to the washroom. He had to bathe.

After a detailed bath, Boun felt as if he was reborn. he stepped out of the shower with a smile.

That was when he realized that he had forgotten to take in a change of clothes. He shrugged away the thoughts. Prem had seen him naked before anyway.

He took his time to observe his face in the bathroom mirror. He quickly did his skincare routine, that he had missed the last few days. Once he was done, he looked proudly at his handsome reflection in the mirror and smirked.

Grabbing a bathrobe to cover himself, he walked out of the bathroom. He opened the wardrobe and looked at the variety of clothes hanging there.

"Hmm... what should I wear?" He tapped his finger on his chin thoughtfully.

After rummaging through the whole wardrobe, he finally found the perfect clothes for him.

Putting on the fresh clothes, he checked himself out in the full-length mirror. "Something seems to be missing." He muttered looking carefully at his reflection. "Oh, yes!" he grabbed the hair gel and squeezed some of it into his hands, applying it to his blow-dried hair, and styling it. he didn't forget to apply his favourite deodorant.

He patted himself smugly, finding himself handsome.

"Ha ha" he breathed out to his hand to check if his breath smelled. "I should have brushed my teeth as well." He muttered, taking out his mouth fresher. He sprayed it into his mouth. "I think this will do." He rechecked his breath.

He once again stood in front of the mirror. He sniggered and ran his hands through the neatly gelled hair. "All the best, Boun. You can do it. Su su" he cheered himself in front of the mirror.

He gulped nervously as he reached out to the doorknob.

"It's going to be alright, Boun. It's going to be great." He chanted opening the bedroom door and walked out.

He couldn't hear the noise of the vacuum cleaner anymore. As he reached downstairs his eyes were searching for Prem. He spotted Prem sipping water near the refrigerator and a smile made its way to his lips.