154. Two things

"P' Boun neck deep into the puddle, phi. You and Prem can pull him. It's just that he needs someone to push him up as well. And I will have to be the one to get down into that puddle and push him up" Fluke shrugged as he scooped up a spoonful of ice cream.

He was sitting on Ohm's bedroom balcony, sharing a tub of ice cream with the latter as they were talking about Boun. Fluke had actually begged Ohn to let him have some ice cream as he was feeling too stressed out at the moment.

Ohm had reluctantly given in (As if Ohm had any chance of resisting when Fluke acted cute) and had a maid bring in a whole tub of ice cream for them.

"So you are telling me that you are willing to be the sacrificial goat here? " Ohm asked taking a bite of the sickeningly sweet strawberry ice cream.

" What 'sacrificial goat', phi? " Fluke chuckled. " There is no 'sacrifice' here. What I am doing is called 'laying the groundwork' got it? " He mouthed a huge spoonful of pink ice cream. " If I successfully complete my plan, that would result in my boy bagging one of the most eligible bachelors in our country. "

'My boy? ' Ohm mentally cursed. He knew that he didn't have the right to be jealous of Fluke for treating Prem with such care and dedication. But sometimes he couldn't help it. Fluke had already become someone whom he didn't want to share with others in his heart, even without the younger's knowledge. The amount of possessiveness he had over the little guy in front of him, who was so invested in finishing the ice cream in the tub, was massive.

" So... Don't you want to... Hmm... Bag an eligible bachelor? " Ohm asked rather awkwardly. He wanted to test the waters.

Fluke raised his head, moving his gaze from the ice cream to Ohm and said with a smile. " Phi, I am an eligible bachelor. "

Fluke was right. He was indeed an rich eligible bachelor. Be it wealth, looks, connections or character, he didn't lose to any of the Dechaphatthanakuns brothers ( Dechaphatthanakun is Boun's paternal family and Ohm's maternal family. so both of them are Dechaphatthanakun even though their surnames are different).

Ohm struggled to keep on his pleasant face. His hope was being crushed. Given his dreadful flirting skills, it would be a wonder if Fluke actually noticed that he was trying to flirt.

There were times when he wished that he was half as good as Boun in flirting with someone after he met Fluke. Not that he never asked for some guidance from Boun, it was just that his cousin's methods just made his skin crawl. For someone who was as reserved as him, it wasn't a wonder to find it extremely awkward to follow through with Boun's teachings.

Ohm cleared his throat, distracting himself from overthinking about his future with Fluke. "Since you are willingly helping Boun in all this, does that mean that he has won your approval to be Prem's partner? " He asked trying to change the topic.

Fluke tilted his head looking at Ohm innocently and smirked "Nah! "

Ohm stared at Fluke for a few minutes. " Can I just drown you in this tub of ice cream? "

Fluke possessively hugged the tub of ice cream. His doe eyes screaming at Ohm that 'No! He shouldn't be wasting so much ice cream just to kill him. '

" Fluke, I'm being serious here. Why can't you just approve of him? " Ohm felt so done with Fluke when he saw how the younger cared about the tub of ice cream than himself.

" Those are two grown-ass men who are fully capable of making their own decisions. Why would they need my approval? It's not like I am their parent or anything. " Fluke didn't mind Ohm's irritation. The older had been throwing tantrums at him ever since the party began. He didn't know why, but he kind of liked it when Ohm treated him differently than others and was willing to show him his imperfect side.

"You might not be their parent, but they do value a lot. Especially Prem. He treats you like you are his phi chaai. You are like a family to him." Ohm retorted.

"Prem is like my family too, P' Ohm. But that doesn't actually give me any right to interfere in his personal life, does it? " Fluke asked nonchalantly.

"Boun wants your approval, Fluke. He wants you to approve him as your 'son-in-law'. "

Ohm's words made Fluke chuckle. "He wants my approval as my son-in-law?" He raised his eyebrows at Ohm, who nodded in agreement. " Then, he will have to work for it."

"What do you want him to do to gain your approval?" Ohm was a little tensed on Boun's behalf.

Fluke smiled widely seeing Ohm get nervous. "Relax, Phi. I am not going to ask him to pluck the moon and stars for Prem from the sky. All he has to do is two things."

"And that is....?" Ohm was curious.

Fluke took a deep breath, turning his whole body to face Ohm. He raised his forefinger. "First and foremost, he has to clean up all the shit that's going on between him and his family. When I say family, I mean his Dad and P' Alan. "

Ohm bit his lip. The demand was reasonable. The father-son duo had been a pain in Boun's ass for a long time. If Prem was to date Boun, he would have to deal with the duo. Prem having to deal with people like Saen and Alan wasn't something desirable. It was way too dangerous.

"P' Boun might have already told you about the murder attempts that were directed at Prem and his family. Not once, but multiple times, phi. Most of the bodyguards I placed to protect them, were severely injured, protecting them. In the end, I had to lie to Prem's family and send them to a medical resort in Lampang to get them out of the attacker's radar." Fluke said with a grave tone.

Ohm was silent too. The condition didn't seem favourable to Boun at all.

"Prem's parents... they have never treated me like an outsider, Phi. They were one of the few people because of whom I had a normal childhood. That's why I am being nosy here and wanting P' Boun to sort things out before he gets together with Prem. I don't want that family of three to be harmed in any way because of this relationship." Fluke's tone was dead serious. He wasn't joking at all.

"You know Fluke, it's not that Boun, P' Kao and I didn't try to deal with this matter, but-" Ohm was stopped mid sentence when Fluke covered his mouth with his hand.

"I know you guys tried, phi. It's just that you guys went too soft on those people. "