132. Mission.

Bang bang

Boun's fist banged against the bathroom door. "Ohm, if you are done digging the borewell and find water to take a bath, can you come out and attend to this damn phone of yours?" he was cranky from being awakened by the continuous ringing of the phone.

A few seconds later, the bathroom door swung open revealing a bathrobe-clad Ohm. "Who called?" he asked drying his hair with the towel.

"P' Yacht," Boun answered grumpily.

"Why didn't you just answer the call? It's not like you don't usually pick up calls I get." Ohm asked.

Boun glared at him wordlessly. It was as if this stupid cousin of his had temporary amnesia and had forgotten that he had a fight with the manager for dating his elder brother.

Ohm chuckled and dialled Yacht's number, walking to the balcony. The call ended soon and Ohm came back into his room.

Boun had his cheeks puffed up, sitting cross-legged on the bed hugging the fluffy pillow. The sleep had long left him.

"Karma is a bitch, isn't it?" Ohm snickered seeing that Boun hadn't gone back to sleep even after handing him the phone.

A flying pillow that was successfully dodged hit the white walls and fell to the ground. "Wow, someone is salty so early in the morning." Ohm was suddenly in a good mood seeing that Boun was completely woken up.

Boun bumped into Ohm's shoulder as he left the room. Ohm laughed heartily having managed to push Boun's buttons the first thing in the morning.

Entering his bedroom, Boun quickly freshened up. He picked out an outfit and got ready.

"Why haven't you left?" Boun asked climbing down the stairs. He was surprised to see that Ohm who was supposed to leave a while ago sipping coffee lavishly.

"My shoot got cancelled and I have a day off." Ohm welcomed the much-needed day off.

"Why didn't you say so earlier? I wouldn't have gotten ready so fast." Boun complained.

"You would have known if you had just answered P' Yacht's call," Ohm answered without looking up from the tablet.

Boun made a face and took a seat opposite Ohm and took the untouched cup of coffee. "By the way, when are you leaving?"

He had heard from Seth that Ohm was being punished for being careless and for both letting himself get stalked and for getting drugged. The punishment included attending torturous training sessions and deadly missions.

"By the end of this month." Ohm sighed. He wouldn't have put all his work on fast forward if not for having to leave for the punishment and going MIA from the public eye.

"Don't have much time, don't you?" Boun sympathized with his cousin. He was a hundred per cent sure that he would not be spared from the punishment either. He knew that he was only being left out for the time being because he had a mess to clean.

"Yeah."

"Where is the destination this time?" Boun sipped the bitter coffee.

"The Middle East." Ohm's shoulders slumped feeling not at all enthusiastic about the upcoming mission.

Boun mirrored Ohm. He didn't have good memories of that place.

Their first mission was also in the Middle East. He was still undergoing therapy and Simon felt that it was better for him to go on mission so that he would feel empowered once the missions were over.

Little did he imagine that Simon would send them to deal with some rebellious groups in the Middle East. They were barely seventeen. It was the first time they were facing something like that as they had only had stimulation missions before.

Boun still remembered when one of the members of the rebellious gang pointed his gun at his face. It was terrifying to see your death face to face. He even heard the bullet being shot and shut his eyes tightly.

When he didn't feel any pain he slowly opened his eyes and peeked out only to see that Ohm had actually shot the guy pointing a gun at him right in the middle of the forehead. Ohm's first kill.

"Oi" Ohm snapped his fingers in front of Boun snapping him back to reality.

"What?" Boun asked.

"I am asking about what you are hiding from me." Ohm looked straight at his face. "I mean I know I am a bit busy now but you-"

"Ohm, it's not that I am unwilling to say anything to you but your 'Noo' would kill me if I did." Boun interrupted Ohm mid-sentence knowing his cousin was asking about the whole mess he was currently in.

"Noo knows too?" Ohm was exasperated. He knew that Prem, Earth and Kao knew what was going on and never expected Fluke to know.

"Well... Kind of..." Boun scratched the tip of his nose. Fluke had strictly warned him not to drag Ohm into the mess.

"Wow. Great." Ohm clapped his hands dramatically. "So, I am the only person left out. Do you even consider me a friend, Boun?" he felt hurt.

He had a feeling that there was something serious going on seeing Boun being followed around by Gillon and the other bodyguards but Boun gatekeeping the matter from him as if he was an outsider, made him feel left out.

Boun felt guilty. He totally agreed with Fluke's decision of not letting Ohm know as the matter already caused his cousin's life to be put on line. He didn't want Ohm to experience what he underwent in his teens.

In the past, he didn't have many secrets hidden from Ohm. But in this case, he had to harden his heart and stay mum.

Ding dong.

The timely ringing of the doorbell saved Boun from the tense situation.

"Who could it be so early in the morning?" Ohm went to answer the door.

"Good morning, P' Ohm." Boun heard Fluke's voice at the door and was relieved. He knew that Fluke would be handling Ohm's mood.

Ohm who had been in a bad mood only hummed in reply, stomping back to his seat.

"What's going on?" Fluke mouthed at Boun. Boun couldn't answer because Ohm had already noticed the exchange and was glaring at him.

Fluke put the food containers he brought on the table and sat next to Ohm. He placed his hands on Ohm's. "What happened phi?"

"Nothing happened. I just understood that an outsider like me should keep away from you people." Ohm sulked.

Boun was amused. He hadn't seen this childish side of Ohm in years. It wasn't difficult to guess that the reason why his cousin was ticked off was because of Fluke's involvement. He smiled helplessly at Fluke.

Fluke on the other hand was quick to comprehend the situation and cook up a believable white lie to calm Ohm and divert the latter's attention away from the topic. He couldn't afford to get Ohm involved as the older might end up being his biggest weakness in the plan.