98. Devil camp

"Argh" Boun groaned as he gasped for air as he floated in the middle of the huge man-made lake. The weights attached to his trunk and four limbs were pulling him down, making it not at all easy to swim the distance to the nearby shore.

With great effort, he swam or practically dragged his exhausted body to the bank.

" You are so damn slow, Maverick. " The buffed-up guy standing on the lake shore pressed the stop button on the stopwatch he held and looked at Boun in disappointment.

Maverick was Boun's codename in the training camp. He was sent to the training camp after he completed his punishment at the dark dungeon. His grandfather had shown him no mercy despite the fact that he acted friendly and welcoming when he visited them.

Jen was very disappointed in Boun after knowing that he was drugged. Not once but twice, that too by the same bunch of amateurs. He felt that Boun wandering around the last few years had made him weak and had ordered him to undergo training in the devil camp.

Boun who was lying on the shore like a dead fish looked at the heartless man in front of him. In other times he would have retorted to the taunting but now he was too exhausted to speak anything.

"Stop being an embarrassment and get up. " The man commanded.

Boun had no option but to get on his feet and follow the man's order.

"Go change and come back for lunch. " The man ordered.

" Khrab. " Boun limbed to the nearby stone bench and sat down. He removed the weights attached to his body. He could feel his muscles ache as he moved.

Returning the weights back to the person in charge, he headed to the common bathroom nearby. He turned on the shower and stood under it. When the hot water hit his body, he groaned. His sour muscles seemed to be easing up under the influence of the warm water.

Getting out of the shower he changed into a fresh set of clothes, he headed to the dining area.

He could see the man from earlier eating his lunch all alone. He grabbed a plateful of food and sat across from the man.

" You took forever to get here. " The man commented.

Boun only flashed a toothy grin at the guy.

The guy was none other than the head coach of the devil camp. He was nicknamed Hurricane in the field by his colleagues as he was like a violent storm when he goes against his enemies completely sweeping them up.

Hurricane's original name was Gillon. He had been in charge of Boun's training ever since he was young.

He wasn't much older than Boun, he was around Kao's age. But his achievements were something so amazing to achieve for someone at such young age. That was why Jen always wanted Boun to follow Gillon and be strong.

Gillon watched Boun taking his time to have his food.

"Once you are done here, meet me in the office." He picked up his plate and left.

"Khrab." Boun gulped down the mouthful of food and replied. He was seriously scared of the man. His training and punishments if one slacked out on it were really terrifying. There were times when Boun almost pissed his pants out of fear of the man during his childhood.

Gobbling down the food in a hurry, Boun got up. He got to Gillon's office.

"I am here, P' Gil." Boun peeked at Gillon's office.

"Come in," Gillon said without looking away from the monitor screen.

"Ah? Why did you call me here, Phi?" Boun took a seat opposite Gillon and started playing with the Rubik's cube on his table.

Gillon stared at Boun for a second and asked "Who gave you the permission to sit?"

Boun smiled awkwardly and got up, rearranging the chair to its original position. "Can I take a seat, Phi?" Gillon nodded. "Sit, sit." Boun sat down again. This time he didn't dare pick up the cube again. He kept his hands to himself.

"How many times did I tell you not to call me phi inside the camp?" Gillon sternly stared at Boun.

"Aw na phi. It's just the two of us." Boun pouted.

"Even if it's just two of us, you have to remember the protocol. Inside the camp, I am still your instructor, not your phi."

"Khrab." Boun sulked. "I won't call you phi, Khun Instructor."

"Good." Gillon reached out to ruffle Boun's hair but the latter avoided.

"Since you are not my phi inside the camp then I am not your Nong either right. An instructor shouldn't pat his student's hair." Boun brooded.

Boun's reply made Gillon chuckle. He badly wanted to pinch Boun's puffed-up cheeks. Boun's lips twitched when he saw Gillon's smile. It was so strange that he felt himself flinch.

"Alright. I won't touch your hair." Gillon withdrew his hands. "But I called you here for official business."

Boun got serious as well. "What is it, Khrab?"

"It's just that you are going to start the shooting and you won't be able to continue your training here."

"Right, Khrab." Boun was internally celebrating being liberated from the devil camp.

"Khun Jen wants me to be your personal bodyguard and follow you to the set," Gillon spoke with a straight face.

"No, Phi." Boun almost screamed causing Gillon to furrow his brows. "I mean instructor..." he shuttered trying to find apt words to reject Gillon without making it too obvious. "What I am trying to say is that... is that..." he looked around trying to form sentences. "I can take care of myself. You don't have to follow me."

"But it is Khun Jen's request."

"I will talk to Khun Pu myself, instructor. You know the people in the set are normal people and they wouldn't be comfortable with such a high level of security. Also, it will invite unwanted attention. People might say that I am putting on airs even though I am only a rookie actor."

"But, we can't take the risk of leaving you alone anymore."

Boun bit his lips thinking a way out. His eyes lit up when a possible solution appeared in his mind. "How about this? You send two of your men in disguise as my bodyguards."

"Isn't that exactly what I said?" Gillon felt that Boun's words made no difference.

"No... it's not the same." Boun scratched the back of his neck not knowing how to make his words more convincing.

"How is it not the same? I am the best person in the whole camp and I am volunteering myself for the job."

"But your aura is so scary," Boun murmured.

"What did you say? I didn't hear it"

"Nothing instructor. I was just saying that all my enemies are familiar with you. They will definitely understand that I am back."

"You are right. I didn't think of that."

Boun chuckled awkwardly as Gillon was lost in thoughts.