72. Siblings

Prem was trying his best to look normal as Chris introduced him to his parents. He was attending Chris's mother's birthday party along with a few of his other teammates and Chris had dragged him to meet his parents.

He had already met Chris's mother the last time she visited the team. But it was the first time he was meeting Chris's father and the meeting almost gave him a heart attack. He wanted to curse Fluke at that moment the most.

Finding an excuse, Prem escaped from the crowd. He hid himself in a less crowded area and dialled Fluke's number.

"What the Fuck, Fluke!" Prem said as soon as the call got through. He looked around making sure that no one was nearby. "Why didn't you tell me anything?" he was having a hard time keeping his voice low while shouting at his friend.

"I'm sorry, Prem. I thought that it would be better if you found it out yourself." Fluke's voice travelled through the phone.

"Better if I found out by myself?" Prem could swear that he would have punched Fluke straight in the face. "More like you wanted me to make a fool out of myself." He could hear Fluke chuckling from the other side of the phone. "Do you find this funny?"

Fluke didn't answer Prem's question, instead, he asked "Did he invite Pat along?"

Prem frowned when Fluke suddenly brought up Pat out of nowhere. "No. Chris didn't invite him."

Chris and Pat hadn't been on good terms recently. And Earth's reasoning about it was that they were love rivals fighting over Prem, which Prem obviously didn't believe. Earth betted on it with Prem. He claimed that from the way Chris and Pat were looking at Prem and the way they treated Fluke and him when Prem acted intimate with him, they surely had more than friendly feelings for Prem.

After Earth mentioned this, Prem had been self-conscious and often found the two of them touching him inappropriately.

"Why are you asking about him all of a sudden?" Prem was curious.

"I expected it. There is no way Chris would invite Pat to his family function." Fluke chuckled.

"What are trying to say, Fluke? I don't understand...oh... wait... don't tell me that what I am thinking is right!" Prem's eyes went wide as the thought crossed his mind.

"You are right," Fluke said as if he could read Prem's mind telepathically.

"These three are half-brothers?" Prem asked for confirmation.

"Yes, they are."

Prem was left speechless. Before he could ask further, he heard a female voice from behind.

"P' Prem, what are you doing here alone?" Cherry, Chris's little sister asked.

"Just attending a call." Prem flashed a smile and hung up the call.

"Are you done?" She asked eagerly. Prem nodded. She happily hooked her hands around Prem's and led him to the main hall.

"Prem, come take a seat here." Chris's mother called out, inviting him to join their table while the rest of the team members sat at another.

Prem didn't even get a chance to reject her offer as the two siblings already pulled him to the seat. He could only smile awkwardly and sit down.

Seeing Chris's parents act all sweet and loving with each other, Prem felt nauseated. He hated cheaters. He couldn't bring himself to accept such a relationship.

Cherry started chatting with him taking off his attention from the adulterous couple.

"P' Prem can I date P' Boun?" Cherry asked giggling with her friends.

"NO" Prem and Chris's father, Saen said at the same time. Prem glanced at Saen for a second before looking back at the group of girls.

"Possessive..." The girls giggled. Prem smiled sheepishly feeling relieved that the girls didn't ask him for a reason.

"Don't worry, Por. I am not planning on dating anyone until I get into a university." Cherry assured Saen, thinking that, that was the reason why her father opposed her dating Boun.

For the rest of the dinner, Prem could feel Saen stealing glances at him. He acted as if he hadn't noticed anything and acted normal.

Not long later, he received a message from Boun saying that he will be coming to pick him up in a few minutes.

The last thing Prem wanted was to have Boun meet his father, who was celebrating his mistress's birthday along with his half-siblings. He cooked up an excuse and left the hall.

Saen who had been looking for an opportunity to talk to Prem followed him.

When Prem exited the main door, Boun's car stopped in front of him. Boun got out of the car. His expression didn't look good. He was aware of Chris's feelings towards Prem. Hence, he immediately disliked the idea of Prem attending the birthday party as soon as he heard it. But he couldn't restrict Prem without giving a valid reason.

"Why are you here? Didn't I tell you that I will take a cab back?" Prem asked Boun.

"The area is kind of isolated. It will be difficult for you to get a cab." Boun reasoned.

Prem found Boun's words reasonable. Saen had spent a lot of money on his mistress and his illegitimate kids to buy a villa in such a posh area.

Prem suddenly noticed Saen's silhouette behind him. He quickly pulled Boun into a hug, turning the latter in the opposite direction, successfully preventing him from seeing Saen.

"That was really considerate of you." Prem glared at Saen who was looking at them.

Prem was sure that Saen understood that he knew that he was Boun's biological father as well.

"Then where's my thank you?" Boun smirked pulling away from Prem to face him.

"Thank you, Hia." Prem flashed a toothy smile at Boun.

"Actions speak louder than words." Boun tapped his cheeks asking for a kiss.

"Not here, Hia. I will give you one when we get home." Prem didn't want Saen to see them smooching.

"Why? There's no one around." Boun turned slightly to look around.

Sensing danger, Prem immediately cupped Boun's face and kissed him on the lips. "Happy? Now let's go home." Prem opened the driver's door for Boun. He just wanted to leave.

"Not so fast." Boun pulled Prem back with a mischievous smile making the younger crash into his chest.

"What's it, Hia?" Prem got nervous.

Boun didn't answer, instead, he leaned in and kissed Prem preventing the younger from asking any more questions. Prem could only respond to his kisses so that he will not get suspicious about the whole situation.

"Now, can we leave?" Prem asked as their lips parted.

"You are in a hurry today." Boun teased.

Prem rolled his eyes and got in the passenger seat, buckling up. He was sure that Saen had witnessed everything. He didn't feel good about that. He chose to ignore Boun's teasing remarks on the way back as his mind was preoccupied with thinking about how he was going to break the news to Boun.