Chapter 1: Where can I Find Such a Good Thing?

"boom!"

Li Mumu's head shook and she hit what seemed to be a wooden shelf, waking her up in pain.

"Hiss..." Li Mumu rubbed her head and opened her eyes, but what her fingers touched was a piece of cloth covering her head.

When I opened my eyes, I could see nothing but red.

"Sir, could you please be more flexible? He is getting married today, and it will take him until tonight. Let him go to the barracks early tomorrow morning." An elderly woman's plea came from outside the house.

"No, we have to leave tonight!" a stern voice replied.

Another softer voice said, "We definitely can't make any concessions. You have time to beg for mercy. Why don't you just pack some luggage for him and take him away?"

Immediately afterwards, amidst the chaos outside, a very pleasant male voice came out: "Dad, Mom, I will definitely come back safely. Also, you... say sorry to my wife on my behalf. I will be back."

After a burst of crying and the request to come back safely, it became quiet outside again. It was thought that the person had left.

Li Mumu lifted the cloth covering her head and found that it was a red veil.

"What's going on?" Li Mumu looked around in surprise.

The house was simply furnished, with paper-pasted windows, shabby wardrobes, and an uncomfortable wooden bed.

There were wedding candles lit on the table in front, and the word "囍" was pasted on the window.

Li Mumu lowered her head and found herself wearing an ancient wedding dress made of coarse cotton cloth, not very fine.

She is an advertising designer. She clearly remembers working for two days and two nights in the company. Finally, she couldn't hold on any longer and took a nap on the table. How did she become like this when she woke up?

Looking around the room, there wasn't even a mirror, but there was a basin on the shelf.

Li Mumu stood up and almost tripped over her skirt because she was not used to it.

He stood firm, holding onto the bed frame, and then quickly walked to the basin of water.

There is clean water inside, but the light in the room is too dim to see clearly.

Li Mumu turned around and took a wedding candle from the table to light up the room. She could barely see clearly through the reflection on the water. Her appearance seemed to have not changed, but her skin was a little rougher.

She stays up late every day to work overtime (995), and she also has to deal with all kinds of unreasonable and outrageous demands from the client. How can she have time to take care of her skin?

My skin didn't look very good, but now

Even worse.

Li Mumu touched her face and suddenly heard footsteps coming from the door, approaching slowly and hurriedly.

Li Mumu hurriedly put the wedding candle back and sat back on the bed. Before she could cover herself with the veil, the door was pushed open.

A group of people rushed in from outside.

"Mumu." Gu's mother rushed over and held Li Mumu's hand. Now no one had time to care about the fact that Li Mumu had already lifted her veil by herself.

"Did you hear everything just now? Shang Qing was drafted into the army and left suddenly without even a moment's notice." Mother Gu wiped her tears and said to Li Mumu, "Poor child, it's okay. Your marriage ceremony has already taken place. This will be your home from now on. Let's wait for Shang Qing to come back together. Shang Qing will definitely come back safely."