Chapter 121: Meeting

Shang Wufeng was unable to sit with Gu Shangqing. When he saw Gu Shangqing coming back, he noticed that he looked unhappy and became concerned.

After the banquet, Gu Shangqing was about to leave when a servant came over and whispered, "General Gu, please stay. The general has something to say to you."

Gu Shangqing was puzzled. He was just a young general of the sixth rank, and the general didn't even seem to remember him, so why did he want to talk to him alone?

Gu Shangqing said, "Then I will go and talk to General Shang and ask him not to wait for me."

The servant smiled and said, "General Shang is here too."

It turned out that he was left behind with General Shang.

I guess they are discussing some military affairs?

Gu Shangqing nodded and stayed for a while.

On the other side, when Li Mumu was about to leave with Madam Shang, a maid came forward and said, "General Shang and General Gu will wait for a while before leaving, so please wait here for a while, Madams."

I don't know what happened, but since Madam Shang was there, Li Mumu was not too worried.

Others were not surprised to see this, perhaps there was something to discuss in the army.

When only Madam Shang and Li Mumu were left, a maid came over and said with a smile, "Madam Shang, Madam Gu."

Madam Shang didn't recognize Nanny Lin, but Li Mumu recognized her.

Isn't this the nanny who got off the carriage that day when it lost control?

It turned out that the other party was from the General's Mansion.

I just don't know who the owner sitting in the carriage is from the General's Mansion.

Thinking this in her mind, Li Mumu recalled what Min Huilan had mentioned before, that Li Zhiyin had just returned to Chong'an.

Plus Li Zhiyin's kindness to her at the banquet today.

And she immediately called her Mrs. Gu.

At that time, Li Mumu was wondering how Li Zhiyin knew her.

Even after Li Zhiyin gave an explanation, Li Mumu still found it unusual.

Now that she had met Nanny Lin, Li Mumu finally had the answer in her mind.

"Madam Gu." Nanny Lin said with a smile, "The young lady knew Madam's concerns, so she did not dare to come to her house rashly. She was worried that if we sincerely thanked her, it would make Madam nervous."

"I would like to take this opportunity today to thank you in person," said Nanny Lin. "The other guests have already left, so you don't have to worry."

Nanny Lin clearly told Li Mumu that Li Zhiyin did not want to involve her in the internal strife of the General's Mansion.

"I am just being petty." Li Mumu said.

"Madam, don't say that." Nanny Lin said with a smile, "If that were the case, you wouldn't have saved us."

"Madam Shang, Madam Gu, please come this way." Nanny Lin said with a smile.

Madam Shang also understood some of what was said, so she said, "In that case, I can't go with you."

"That's fine." Nanny Lin said with a smile, "General Shang is here too."

"The general and the young lady were worried that if they were to stay alone, it would be too conspicuous and would be bad for them," Nanny Lin explained, "so they also kept General Shang."