Chapter 82: If You are Willing, Please Accept my Daughter's Greeting

At this moment, I felt a little nervous and uneasy.

  There have been huge changes at home.

  After moving out of Yong'an Village, he now lives in a house like this. Everything is too unfamiliar to him and he has no memory of when he left home.

  Gu Shangqing took a deep breath and tried to push the gate.

  Unexpectedly, the gate was not locked and opened as soon as I pushed it.

  After entering, there was no one in the yard.

  From inside the house came the faint sound of children reading.

  Gu Shangqing walked towards the main hall again and gradually heard the voices inside.

  He heard Mother Gu say, "Mumu, how much did you hear from the matchmaker just now?"

  Upon hearing this, Gu Shangqing strode over.

  He didn't go in, but hid outside the door.

  Li Mumu had her back to him, so he couldn't see Li Mumu's expression clearly. He only heard Li Mumu say, "I heard everything."

  "So what do you think?" Mother Gu took Li Mumu's hand and sat down. "I think what the matchmaker said is acceptable, but you can only listen to three-tenths of what the matchmaker said. After all, she is a matchmaker, and she can make black into white and dead into alive."

  "So, we can't trust her completely." Mother Gu said, "If you think what she said is somewhat feasible, then I will arrange a meeting with Liang Er, and you can hide and take a look secretly. If you think it's feasible, we will prepare for you."

  Father Gu was always at home, but he didn't come out when the matchmaker was there.

  After the matchmaker left, Gu's father came to the main hall and sat with Gu's mother.

  After Mother Gu finished speaking, Father Gu nodded and said, "You don't have to feel embarrassed, Mumu. We all treat you as our daughter. You are a good child, and we don't want to delay you."

  "I have discussed this with your mother. You can't rely on your family. We are your family. When you get married, no matter who you marry, whether it's Liang Er now or someone you don't like this time, you can marry from our family and we will give you a dowry."

  Gu Shangqing thought to himself that he had to go in quickly.

  Fortunately, I came back today. If I had come back later, my wife would have belonged to someone else.

  Gu Shangqing was about to go in, but saw Li Mumu suddenly take a step back and kneel down in front of Gu's father and mother.

  "Mu Mu, what are you doing?" Gu's mother asked hurriedly.

  Li Mumu looked up at Gu's father and mother, "Dad, Mom, I know you are doing this for my own good. Since I married into the Gu family, I have been with you.

  I have long considered myself your daughter."

  "I can't imagine that I can live a better life in someone else's home." Li Mumu said, "Here, my parents love me, my eldest brother is honest and upright, and my second brother has a quick temper but is very protective of me. My eldest and second sisters-in-law never argue with me and treat me like their own sister."

  Gu Shangqing's eyebrows twitched outside the door.

  He couldn't see Li Mumu's appearance, but why did the voice sound so familiar?