Chapter 72: Master

"So...what are your plans for the future?" the neighbor asked tentatively, "Your daughter-in-law is still young, right?"

  Mother Gu thought that she was just waiting for people to ask this question.

  Otherwise, she wouldn't be able to find a suitable reason to announce loudly that she was going to marry her son off, right?

  "Yes!" Gu's mother slapped her thigh, "So we thought about it. Now that our son is gone, we can treat our daughter-in-law as our daughter."

  "She is still so young, we can't delay her." Mother Gu said, "If there is a good family, we will give her a dowry and let her get married."

  "It's just that my daughter-in-law is really excellent." Seeing everyone's eyes light up, Mother Gu emphasized, "Although my daughter-in-law is a remarried woman, you also know that they didn't even have time to lift the veil."

  "She is beautiful, filial, and gets along well with her sisters-in-law. Even if she marries into another family, as long as her sisters-in-law are good, she will not cause unpleasantness to others." What Gu's mother said left Li Mumu a way out.

  The premise for Li Mumu to avoid having unpleasant experiences with others is that the sisters-in-law should be good friends.

  Otherwise, if a quarrel breaks out, it won't be Li Mumu's fault, but your sister-in-law's problem.

  Everyone heard it, and thought that Gu's mother really treated Li Mumu as her own daughter and protected her like this.

  "Besides, she has been educated. To be honest, the original scholar of Zhenshan had poor moral character. My daughter-in-law was worried about him, so she taught the three children in the family herself. Even my granddaughter studied with her. Now the three children act generously, behave properly, and speak in an orderly manner. They have been taught very well by my daughter-in-law."

  "Not to mention, you all know that she is very good at business." Mother Gu sighed, "To be honest, she is in my family and we get along so well, I really don't want to let her get married."

  "But she is young, and my family can't delay her. Even if she is our own daughter, we have to find a husband for her when she reaches a certain age, no matter how reluctant we are."

  As Mother Gu spoke, she thought of Li Mumu's future marriage, and her eyes became red with reluctance, and she began to wipe away her tears.

  "So you see, my daughter-in-law is so good, so even if I find her a family, I don't want to just find someone who is not so good and marry her off." Mother Gu said, "If she is not happy in her husband's family in the future, her husband is not good enough, and her brothers and sisters-in-law don't envy her, then it's better to keep her in my family."

  "At least in my house, her words are very effective." Mother Gu said, "In my house, she never says anything wrong.

  We all agree on everything."

  "But, that's because she makes sense, so of course we have to listen to her. You see, it's because we listened to her that we can live like this now. In Yong'an Village, we couldn't even eat meat."

  "So, I hope to find a good family. Apart from anything else, the man should be reliable and able to protect his wife. It's best if he is capable. It doesn't matter if he is not capable, as long as he is obedient. Don't be both incompetent and disobedient, right?"

  "The people at home are reasonable and can listen to suggestions. Don't go against Mu Mu even though what she says makes sense."

  Everyone thought that Gu's mother's request was indeed not low.