Chapter 131: Just in Case

Gu's mother felt that her son was indeed outstanding. Look, he had only been in the army for a short time, but he had already made military achievements and became a general.

Although he is only the sixth rank, he is also a general.

He is good-looking and some women like him. Although this makes her feel uncomfortable, she is not surprised.

As for Li Mumu, she knew Gu Shangqing's future achievements and also knew the plot of the original novel.

She was more able to accept the fact that Su Zhier liked Gu Shangqing than Gu's mother did.

Therefore, when Mother Gu said this, neither of them thought there was anything wrong with it.

After a while, Gu Shangqing, Zhu Yaoming and Huang Kexiao came back.

Li Mumu knew what they were discussing, so she asked, "Are you going back to the barracks?"

"Yao Ming is going to General Shang's mansion to discuss some things with him." Gu Shangqing said, "Ke Xiao and I will stay and continue to help at the restaurant."

"Then I'll go back to the restaurant too." Li Mumu stood up and said.

The four of them left. On the way, Li Mumu asked Gu Shangqing, "Why did you reject Su Zhier directly?"

"She treated me like that, so of course I had to refuse." Gu Shangqing was a little depressed, "Aren't you unhappy at all when you saw her like that?"

"That's not what I meant. I know she wants to use me to get close to you." Li Mumu said, "But she must contact me first, so I can get some information from her. Aren't you investigating the matter of Governor Su?"

"I was worried that you might have such intentions, so I didn't want her to have any contact with you." Gu Shangqing said, "I can't drag you into this matter. It will be disadvantageous to you."

"It's not difficult for us to check here." Gu Shangqing said.

Li Mumu herself was unwilling to have more contact with Su Zhier.

Gu Shangqing's first priority was not to investigate the Su family, but to not involve her, which made Li Mumu's heart beat faster.

Although Li Mumu had read the original novel, it did not mention that Magistrate Su had committed the crime of treason and collusion with the enemy.

But in fact, the original novel did not elaborate much on how Magistrate Su served as an official and how he was promoted.

According to the clues given in the original novel, Li Mumu felt that Governor Su should not have collaborated with the enemy and committed treason, but it was just a coincidence that what Su Zhier did aroused suspicion.

But Gu Shangqing and the others took it so seriously that they wanted to get to the bottom of Prefect Su.

This attitude made Li Mumu a little unsure.

After hearing what Gu Shangqing said, Li Mumu began to doubt whether Governor Su had really done something treasonous.

Just in case, it would be better for her not to interfere.

Next, Li Mumu concentrated on decorating the restaurant.

Gu Shangqing was in the military camp and couldn't come back.

Li Mumu was busy and had no time to take care of Su Zhier.

Su Zhier was locked up at home for three days.

Madam Su had kept Su Zhier's affairs a secret from Prefect Su and did not dare to let him know.

Therefore, Su Zhier cannot be locked up for too long.