Chapter 103: Divorce? Wishful Thinking

"Bai Jin must have something he is particularly good at." Li Mumu said.

Gu Shangqing nodded, "You are right. Madam, thank you for taking care of the children."

Li Mumu: "..."

She felt a little uncomfortable when Gu Shangqing said this.

"What I'm telling you is that you teach the kids martial arts, don't you? See how Bai Jin does in this area. Although there are definitely areas where he excels, we have to explore them. If we don't take the initiative to explore, how can we know where he will excel?"

"If he is particularly good at martial arts, then it's not a bad idea for you to follow the path of a military commander." Li Mumu said, "If he is not good at this, let's look at other things."

"It's not that I'm anxious, but it's a good opportunity to lay a solid foundation while the child is still young." Li Mumu said, "Just like children start to study at the age of four or five, families with the means even start to let their children study at the age of three. Naturally, the earlier these are prepared, the better."

"We can't wait until Bai Jin is a teenager and find out that he really doesn't like studying. It will be too late to find out other things." Li Mumu said, "Ten years is just a blink of an eye. We don't have that much time to waste slowly."

"Of course, he still has to keep reading. No matter what he does in the future, he has to read. There is no harm in that." Li Mumu said, "Just like you, I heard from your parents that you have been reading since you were young. One of the reasons why you have made many military achievements is that you know the art of war and can use it flexibly in battle."

Gu Shangqing's smiling eyes were full of admiration. He looked at Li Mumu and nodded, "Yes, this is a big part of the reason. If I hadn't been familiar with the Art of War, I would have been the only one who did what others told me to do in the army."

Li Mumu realized that he had strayed from the topic a bit, so he said, "Anyway, it's certain that Bai Yuan will take the imperial examination now. You should look more closely at what Bai Jin is suitable for, and I'll pay more attention to it. You're a general, you come into contact with many people and have more experience, so you'll definitely be able to find a good path for Bai Jin."

"Okay." Gu Shangqing nodded, suddenly stood up, and bowed deeply to Li Mumu.

Li Mumu was startled and stood up quickly, "What are you doing?"

"I have been away from home for a long time. My wife has been responsible for all the household affairs, giving us advice and making plans to provide a good future for the children. Even in the future, I will often be in the army and I will not be able to make my own decisions.

Madam, please take care of it."

"Madam, you are wronged for marrying me." Gu Shangqing said, "It is because I, your husband, have not done anything worthy that you have become so worried."

"Does this mean you think you should agree to divorce me?" Li Mumu asked Gu Shangqing with a tiny glimmer of hope.

Gu Shangqing: "..."

You wish!

He didn't know where the feeling came from, but he suddenly felt that although Li Mumu said that she was afraid of holding him back, she asked for a divorce.

But why did he suddenly feel for a moment that Li Mumu actually wanted to divorce?

It has nothing to do with fear of holding him back.

Gu Shangqing shook his head, looked at Li Mumu, and wondered why he thought that.

Li Mumu really treats the Gu family as her own relatives and cares so much about her three children, so how could she be so eager to divorce him?