Chapter 6: The Scholar is Hitting Someone!

"I didn't lie, you just didn't teach me." Gu Baiyuan's tears fell and he sobbed, "You taught them, but you didn't teach me, so I won't do it."

  "Not only are you lying, you're also wrongly accusing me!" Xiucai got even angrier when he heard what Gu Baiyuan said, "Take your hands out!"

  "You are wronging me!" Gu Baiyuan burst into tears.

  Seeing that he was unwilling to extend his hand, Xiucai took the initiative to grab Gu Baiyuan's hand.

  Seeing this, Li Mumu hurriedly said to Wang Cuizhen: "Sister-in-law, do as I say!"

  Immediately afterwards, Li Mumu stood up and kicked open the door of the school, "Stop it! You rubbish, you are unworthy of being a teacher!"

  When the scholar heard Li Mumu's angry shout, the cane stopped in mid-air and did not fall down in time.

  Li Mumu strode forward and pulled Gu Baiyuan behind her to protect her.

  At the same time, Wang Cuizhen ran to the alley entrance and shouted, "The scholar is beating people! The scholar is beating people! He is so heartless! The scholar is going to beat someone to death!"

  "Come and see! Come quickly!" Wang Cuizhen saw that many people's attention was attracted, so she quickly called everyone over.

  It just so happened that many people didn't have anything particularly important to do at the moment, so they followed Wang Cuizhen to watch the fun.

  Li Mumu snatched the cane from the scholar's hand and threw it to the ground. She then carried Gu Baiyuan to the school gate and shouted to the people gathered at the gate: "Look, everyone! This scholar usually looks like a decent person, but he is actually a cruel and ruthless person!"

  "My nephew is a very young child, and he studies very hard every day. But this scholar, because my family only pays tuition and does not give any other benefits, tries every way to find faults in my nephew. The little boy's hand was almost broken by him!"

  Li Mumu untied the cloth strips wrapped around Gu Baiyuan's hands, revealing the bruises on his palms.

  Because I applied the medicine and waited a night, the blood clots all broke out, leaving red and purple marks on my hands, looking even scarier than yesterday's.

  "Oh my! How could you beat the child like this?" everyone exclaimed.

  Especially since Gu Baiyuan was very young. Although he was born in a peasant family and was not spoiled, he still looked fair and tender, like a delicate and pretty little jade figure.

  The bruises on his hands at this moment are even more touching.

  It's shocking and heartbreaking.

  Li Mumu raised Gu Baiyuan's hand high, "These injuries were inflicted yesterday. The injuries haven't healed yet, and just now the scholar found an opportunity to beat him again! With the cane today, new injuries plus old ones, I'm afraid my nephew's hand will be crippled!"

  "Although my family is just an ordinary farmer, we also want our children to study and take the imperial examinations. However, my nephew's hand was broken by a beating. How can he hold a pen? How can he study? How can he take the exam?"

  "This person is not a scholar or a gentleman at all. He is such a cruel and vicious person!" Li Mumu said loudly with gritted teeth.

  "Don't slander me!" The scholar rushed out angrily, pointing at Li Mumu and shouting angrily, "Your nephew was spanked because he didn't study hard and couldn't remember the articles he was taught! Children who don't study hard will be spanked, this is the rule!"

  Li Mumu sneered, "If he doesn't study hard, he deserves to be beaten! But my Bai Yuan studies hard and diligently, and you treat him differently just because our family doesn't give you any benefits. You set aside my Bai Yuan and teach other children more in private, while my Bai Yuan can only learn the part in class. What you teach other children, my Bai Yuan will naturally not learn."

"Fellow villagers, please judge for yourself. It is not easy for my family to save the tuition by farming. The whole family supports my nephew's education. We really cannot afford to give this scholar more benefits! But this scholar treats my nephew differently just because we cannot give him more benefits. Is this what a person who reads the books of sages should do? He is disgracing the civilized world! He has read so many books that he has lost everything!"

  "No, dogs are loyal and will not hurt people at will. This scholar is even worse than a dog!" Li Mumu said again.

  The scholar was so angry at Li Mumu that he jumped up and down, and his chest hurt. "You...you are the one who is disrespectful! Your words are so vulgar! Don't make trouble here! I can't teach your nephew to be like this! Since your family is so poor, why waste money on sending him to school? Take him home quickly!"

  Unexpectedly, Li Mumu turned around and picked up the wild vegetable dumplings that the scholar had just smashed on the table, went back to the door again, opened the package, revealing the wild vegetable dumplings that had been smashed to pieces.

  Li Mumu held it with both hands, fearing that it would fall out. "I know that my family has no money, but I want to let this scholar see me.

  The sincerity of the family can be better for my nephew. My niece and I picked the tenderest wild vegetables one by one, sprinkled salt on them and steamed them this morning to bring to the scholar. I think that although it is inconspicuous, it has a special taste and it is also our intention. "

  Li Mumu spread out her hands to show the crowd, "I didn't expect that he would not only not care about it, but also smash it to pieces!"

  "We couldn't bear to eat this, so we took it out! If it were in our house, it would be enough to feed the whole family!" Li Mumu said, "You are a scholar, don't you know that every grain of rice on the plate is the result of hard work?"

"What a sin! Even if you don't want it, you don't have to do this."

  "It's not easy for people to pick these."

  "Sending my child to school has already exhausted our family's wealth. This scholar is going too far."

  "The silk given to you by the cloth shop owner and the jade pendant given to you by the jade shop owner have widened your appetite. Do you think these things are not worthy of your attention now?" Li Mumu said loudly.

  "Don't talk nonsense! What silk and jade pendant?" The scholar became nervous.

  Li Mumu sneered, "Although you are wearing coarse cloth on the outside, the silk hidden inside is all exposed! At least 50 taels of silver per piece!"

  "And the jade pendant hanging around your waist can't be bought without dozens of taels!" Why did Li Mumu know so much?

  Because the heroine of the original novel is the daughter of a prefect, the novel often writes about the heroine going to places like cloth shops and jewelry shops, and she knows the basic price range.

  "We are close to the border, so the prices are naturally higher." Li Mumu said, "And you charge two taels of silver per student as tuition every year. There are nine children in the school, so that's eighteen taels of silver. Even if you don't eat or drink, it will take you three to five years to save enough money for the silk and jade pendants you wear."

  "It wasn't given by a student's family. Can you afford it yourself?"

  After hearing what Li Mumu said, everyone looked at the scholar's clothes, and some looked at his waist to see the jade pendant.

  "You are slandering me! These...these are given to me by my friends!" the scholar said in a rough voice, stiffening his neck.

  Li Mumu's eyes suddenly lit up and she waved towards the corner, "Little friend, were you here just now?"