Chapter 12: No, There's Something Wrong with Their Family!

"Chicken intestines and chicken blood can be fried?" Zhang Caiping said in surprise.

  "Of course, although chicken intestines are a little dirty, as long as they are washed thoroughly, they are delicious and crispy whether they are fried or stewed!"

  "As for the chicken blood, it is very tender and melts in your mouth. If it is cooked well, it has no fishy smell and is a perfect dish to go with wine."

  Zhang Caiping suddenly felt distressed. "Oh, in the past, we would kill a chicken during the Chinese New Year, and these were thrown away. What a waste!"

  "It's okay, we'll keep them all today." Li Mumu said, "We can make soup with the remaining chicken bones, it's just as delicious."

  "Okay, okay." Wang Cuizhen looked at the blood flowing from the chicken's neck and said distressedly, "A lot of blood just now flowed out. I have to find a bowl to catch it quickly. Don't waste it."

  "Aunt San, I'll help you burn the firewood." Gu Xiuxiu said hurriedly.

  "I'll help too!"

  "I'll help too!"

  Gu Baiyuan and Gu Baijin, fearing they would fall behind, rushed to the kitchen.

  Wang Cuizhen and Zhang Caiping were responsible for bleeding the chickens and cleaning their intestines.

  It was a rare occasion to have meat today, so the whole Gu family joined in the fun.

  Even Gu's father finished his work for the day early and brought Gu Shangyong and Gu Shangwei back to help.

  Li Mumu was making chicken soup and stewing vegetables in the kitchen. The aroma wafted out from Gu's house.

  The neighbors around could smell it at home and went out to look.

  "What are you doing? It smells so good?"

  Wang Cuizhen sneered and poured a basin of dirty water outside the yard. "Chicken! Kill a chicken today to nourish Mu Mu. Mu Mu is busy in the kitchen. She is a good cook. She cooks all our meals."

  The neighbor's mouth was watering. "How can this chicken be cooked so deliciously?"

  It's not like everyone hasn't eaten it before.

  During the Chinese New Year, every family would kill some chickens and buy some pork and other food to cook a big table.

  But no one can make such a delicious taste.

  "Are you greedy?" Wang Cuizhen sneered.

  The neighbors couldn't help but swallow.

  "You guys are so greedy!" Wang Cuizhen said viciously, "Bah! You gossip about my family and you still have the nerve to covet my food."

  After saying that, Wang Cuizhen turned around and went back with the basin.

  But she still didn't close the gate.

  He even ran to open the kitchen door.

  Li Mumu looked over in confusion, and Wang Cuizhen said, "Your cooking smells so good that the greedy people outside keep looking in at our house. Humph! Let them be greedy, they'll be so greedy. I'll open the door to let the aroma out more."

  Gu Baijin blinked, and suddenly an idea came to his mind. He ran to ask Zhang Caiping, "Mom, where is our palm-leaf fan?"

  When he felt hot at night, Zhang Caiping would fan him with a palm-leaf fan. After fanning him for a while, he felt cool and fell asleep without realizing it.