Chapter 133: Fish Cake

At this time, the Daxi Kingdom had obtained onions through trade and could even grow them on its own.

"The vegetarian ones can be divided into cabbage vermicelli, leek, and egg," Li Mumu said. "There are also the fried pies that I made when Master Guan came for the first time."

Wang Cuizhen was so greedy just by listening to it that her saliva started to water.

"We also have pancakes. Can we have some too?" Wang Cuizhen asked.

In order to understand the market in Chong'an, Li Mumu was not in a hurry to open a store, so she was not so busy.

I cook breakfast in different ways every morning.

They have already tasted all of these.

Even Master Guan's belly has grown bigger since she came to the Gu family.

"Of course." Li Mumu nodded. "As for porridge, there are ordinary white porridge, millet porridge, and pork bone porridge. Anyway, we have pork bone soup ready, and we have to prepare it every day for the pot. Pork bone porridge is the simplest. We can also make pumpkin porridge, vegetable porridge, and preserved egg and lean meat porridge."

"Noodles are ordinary clear soup noodles, beef noodles, and mutton noodles. In addition, you can use rice noodles instead of noodles to make beef noodles and mutton noodles," Li Mumu said while making notes on paper.

"However, we certainly can't put all of these on the menu at once," Li Mumu said. "Our restaurant is not big now, and we won't hire too many workers. There won't be that many customers. I'll select some of them and put them on the menu first. It's just right to change the menu every once in a while to give customers something new to eat. Otherwise, they will get tired of eating the same few dishes after a long time. There must be new foods that constantly attract customers to taste."

"Once our restaurant is stable, we can open a restaurant. By then, when we have enough staff and many customers, we can add more items to the menu," Li Mumu said.

After deciding on breakfast, Li Mumu began to study the menus for lunch and dinner.

Although there is a pot, you still need to prepare some meals.

Finally, when everything was confirmed, Gu's father brought the wood and cut and polished it into wooden signs.

Li Mumu has written more characters now, and with her own practice, her handwriting is no longer as ugly as it was at the beginning.

Though it's not very beautiful, it's at least neat.

Father Gu then carved the words written by Li Mumu on the wooden plaque, stroke by stroke.

Mr. Gu has nothing to do at home now and feels bored all day long.

Finally, there is something to do, and I do it happily.

While doing it, he said to Gu's mother, "Look, we are already starting to have some free time now. What are we going to do in the future? It's really unpleasant for me to be idle all day long."

"Why don't you look for a place in our yard where you can open up a vegetable garden and grow some vegetables?" said Mother Gu. "If they really grow well, you can save some money on vegetables."

"That's fine." Father Gu nodded. "Then how about buying some more chickens and ducks to raise at home?"

"Forget it." Mother Gu shook her head and said, "None of our neighbors have them. I'm afraid if I do, the smell will spread to other houses, and the noise will be annoying."

"Shang Qing is now a person of high rank after all," Mother Gu said. "We have to consider Shang Qing's face. Even though he doesn't care, we can't ignore it."

"Yeah, that's right." Father Gu sighed. "Then I'll grow some vegetables."

In the evening, Gu Shangqing brought Zhu Yaoming and Huang Kexiao back.

Li Mumu and Wang Cuizhen were busy in the kitchen in the afternoon.

Li Mumu did not choose to chop the beef but instead beat it into meat paste with a stick.

But her strength was limited, so Wang Cuizhen called Gu Shangyong and asked him to beat the beef into a paste with a stick.

Li Mumu explained, "The meat paste made in this way is very chewy and springy, and the texture is incomparable to minced meat."

Li Mumu grabbed a piece of meat paste and pinched it skillfully. Then a small piece of meat paste came out of the tiger's mouth and formed the shape of a meatball.

Wang Cuizhen then started to learn.

Another portion was set aside and topped with chopped mushrooms to make mushroom beef balls.

There was also some beef, which Li Mumu sliced and coated with a layer of chopped chili.

Some of the beef was cut into thin strips, marinated with seasonings, and placed on a plate like noodles.

Li Mumu also bought some grass carp, removed the fish bones, and ground them into paste, then added fatty pork paste, egg white, and onion and ginger water. In addition to salt and sugar, she also added a little wine to remove the fishy smell and steamed it into fish cake.

"Although we have left most of the work to the chef, in order to prevent others from getting our recipes, I think we can make some semi-finished products at home first and then send them to the restaurant," Li Mumu said. "Like I'm making fish cakes now, the fish cakes need to be delicious, sweet, and fresh.

Fishy seasoning is very important. "

"I plan to prepare all these sauces and send them to the restaurant for the chef to use directly. But I don't know what is added in them. After all, the essence is in these sauces," Li Mumu said. "For other dishes, I will prepare the sauces that can be used directly by the chef."

"That's good." Zhang Caiping nodded. "Although we have signed a contract with them, we still have to be on guard."

"This way, I'll have something to do at home." Wang Cuizhen breathed a sigh of relief. "Finally, I won't have to sit idle."

Li Mumu laughed.

"When the weather gets warmer, we'll update the menu," Li Mumu said. "If we do well, I estimate that we'll be able to open a restaurant within a year."

"So fast!" Zhang Caiping said in surprise.

"This is my own estimate," Li Mumu said. "It still depends on the specific situation."

"By the way, the wine we brewed earlier is ready," Li Mumu said.

Before, in Anping Town, Li Mumu did not sell alcohol in the store because the people's living conditions were not very affluent.

But it's different in Chong'an now.

Alcohol is the bulk of the restaurant's income, so Li Mumu naturally won't let it go.

She was not very busy at home before, so she made some hawthorn and plum wine.

I guess I'll be able to drink today.

"Then let's try it tonight." Zhang Caiping had been looking forward to it since she heard Li Mumu talk about making fruit wine, which tastes sweet and women can also drink some of.

"Okay." Li Mumu nodded. "If it tastes good, I want to sell it in the store. Although most of the people who eat in the store are men, you can also bring it back for your wife and daughter to taste."

That's what's settled.

It was almost time for dinner when Gu Shangqing, Zhu Yaoming, and Huang Kexiao came back.

Zhu Yaoming and Huang Kexiao, two bachelors, would follow Gu Shangqing back to eat whenever they had a day off.

If they weren't really embarrassed, the two of them would even like to get a permanent room in the Gu family to live in.

Li Mumu prepared a shabu-shabu hotpot; one side was a bone soup pot, and the other side was a spicy hotpot.

As for wine, in addition to hawthorn wine and plum wine, she also made wolfberry wine.

Chong'an is a place where wolfberries are produced in abundance, and the price of wolfberries here is not high.