Chapter 40: From Now On, Mu Mu has Nothing to do With You Anymore!

"But the cost is too high for Zhenweilou. They don't want it, so how dare you take it?" Li Mumu sneered, "What are you thinking?"

  "After all, you just don't want to give it!" Li Youcai couldn't help but rush towards Li Mumu again.

  "What are you doing!" an angry shout came from the door.

  Upon closer look, it was Gu's father and Gu Shangyong returning from the fields.

  I heard the quarrel in the house as soon as I entered the yard.

  The two men didn't even have time to put down their tools and rushed in with hoes.

  Then he saw Gu Shangwei standing in front of Li Mumu, blocking Li Youcai.

  It took Gu's father and Gu Shangyong a while to recognize that the people in the room were Li Mumu's family members.

  The Li family turned around and saw Gu's father and Gu Shangyong coming in with weapons, and they were a little scared.

  Do the men of the Gu family still want to take action against them?

  "It's a misunderstanding, it's all a misunderstanding." Li's mother said with a smile, and went over to pull Li Youcai back. "My Youcai just has a bad temper, but he definitely doesn't have any bad intentions."

  She glanced at Gu Shangwei and wondered how Gu's mother had given birth to such a big son.

  Mother Li walked around Gu Shangwei, pulled Li Mumu over, and whispered, "My daughter, are you stupid?"

  "We are your family, how can we let you suffer any loss?" Li's mother whispered, "We are here to support you."

  "Your husband is dead, and you have no one to back you up in the Gu family. You must have been bullied a lot, right?" Li's mother said with a distressed look on her face. "You made a lot of money from your business, but didn't the first and second wives take most of it? Your two sisters-in-law are so powerful, it would be strange if they let you get any benefits."

  "You provide the secret recipe and work hard to run a business, but in the end you get nothing." Li's mother said, "Why don't you give us the secret recipe? When we make money, we can secretly share some with you, and you can save some money for yourself."

  Li Mumu looked at Li's mother coldly.

  Give them money in their pockets and expect it back?

  Mrs. Li said it nicely.

  "There is some extra money, which I will save for you. When your father and I are gone in the future, I will give it to you. Isn't it better not to divide it among the first and second wives of the Gu family?" Li's mother said again.

  "Do you think I'm a fool?" Li Mumu said coldly.

  Her voice was neither too high nor too low, and she did not avoid anyone.

  Everybody heard it.

  Mother Li was stunned for a moment and asked, "What do you mean?"

  "When I was at my mother's house, the clothes I wore were worn out by my eldest brother. He cut them up and sewed patches on them for me. When I got married, I brought these clothes with me," Li Mumu said. "The family had some money, but we gave it all to my eldest brother. We didn't even have any money left."

  "Will I get a share of the money I make in the future?" Li Mumu said coldly, "If the Gu family hadn't proposed marriage, you would have sold me to a wealthy family as a maid, and you would have signed a contract to sell me."