Chapter 112: Why Should I Force Myself to Integrate?

"You look good in whatever you wear." Gu Shangqing said with a smile.

Li Mumu said nothing, her face slightly red, and took off Gu Shangqing's clothes and returned them to him.

Then he took the dress from Gu Shangqing and put it on.

Gu Shangqing also put on his own clothes, and the two of them left the house together.

Everyone in the Gu family was waiting to see them off. When they saw the two of them coming out like this, they found that they were a perfect match in terms of both appearance and clothing.

When the two men walked to the door, they unexpectedly found a carriage waiting there.

Although this carriage was not as gorgeous as the one that lost control that day, it looked quite special.

"This is..." Li Mumu's gaze shifted from the carriage to Gu Shangqing in surprise.

At this time, the curtain of the carriage was drawn open, revealing a bearded man who laughed loudly and said, "Shang Qing, this must be your wife!"

"Madam, this is the General Shang I often mentioned." Gu Shangqing said.

Li Mumu immediately saluted, "Greetings, General Shang."

Li Mumu knew that this General Shang was the Zhongwu General - Shang Wufeng.

However, Li Mumu did not expect that Shang Wufeng was so generous and casual.

"Come on, come up quickly." General Shang said in a loud voice.

Gu Shangqing explained with a smile, "General Shang is here to pick us up and take us to the General's Mansion together."

Li Mumu couldn't help but think, your boss is here to pick you up, you are being treated really well.

It seems that Shang Wufeng also admires Gu Shangqing very much.

When she was helped into the carriage by Gu Shangqing, she discovered that Shang Wufeng's wife was also inside the carriage.

"Madam Shang." Li Mumu saluted with some difficulty in the limited space of the carriage.

"Don't be polite with me." Mrs. Shang immediately pulled Li Mumu to sit next to her.

"My general has told me to take good care of you." Madam Shang took Li Mumu's hand and said with a smile, "When I go there in a while, you can follow me."

"Your husband will naturally be taken care of by our general, don't worry." Mrs. Shang said with a smile.

Li Mumu was not really worried about Gu Shangqing.

When she saw that Madam Shang's clothes did not cater to Chong'an's preferences, she knew that her choice was right.

When Mu Mu looked at Madam Shang's clothes, Madam Shang also looked at Li Mu Mu's clothes.

"Your outfit is similar to mine." Mrs. Shang said with a smile.

Li Mumu smiled and said, "This was made for me by my second sister-in-law when I was in Yong'an Village. She went to Anping Town to buy cloth. She specially chose fresh colors for me."

"It looks good." Madam Shang nodded. "I also bought the cloth in Anping Town to make this one. At that time, the army was stationed near Anping Town, and I would go there occasionally."

"Now that I think about it, I really miss the time in Anping Town." Mrs. Shang said, "By the way, I heard from Zhu Yaoming and Huang Kexiao that you also opened a restaurant in Anping Town."

Li Mumu nodded, "Together with my eldest sister-in-law and second sister-in-law, we originally opened a snack stand in the town, and later moved to the town and opened a restaurant."

"I have never eaten it." Madam Shang said regretfully, "Those two brats always told me how delicious it was, but I never saw them bring any back for me to try."

"If you don't mind, come to my house when you have time and I will cook for you." Li Mumu said with a smile.

"By the way, now that you're here, what about the restaurant in Anping Town?" Mrs. Shang asked, "Is it closed?"

"It doesn't matter. Leave it to my brother. Once stability is achieved over there, he will come and meet us." Li Mumu said.

"Why don't you open another one in Chong'an?" Mrs. Shang continued, "Chu Yaoming and Huang Kexiao are very picky. Even they both praise the food you cook. It would be a pity if you don't continue to open one."

"We are planning to open a store," Li Mumu said, "but we are new here and don't know much about Chong'an. So we are not in a hurry to open it. We want to get to know the place first, and then decide how and where to open it."

"I know what you're worried about." Madam Shang said quickly, "This place is big, and the people are mixed. There are always some local bosses, and some people who want to dominate the market. Your worries are justified."

"But we, the military commanders, are the most united." Madam Shang lowered her voice, "As long as it does not involve the Li family."

"Your husband can handle other families, not to mention our general." Madam Shang said, "So you don't need to worry too much. You can tell me if you have any problems."

"By the way, my home is on Siping Street." Madam Shang said, "I'll send you an invitation someday and you can come to my home and play."

Li Mumu agreed.

Mrs. Shang thought of something and smiled again, "Your husband was worried about you being alone with the women, so he asked my general to ask me if I wanted to go. If I didn't want to go, he would convince me to go. Otherwise, he would be worried about you being alone there."

Li Mumu felt embarrassed by what Madam Shang said, "I am really sorry to trouble you."

"That's nothing." Mrs. Shang said with a smile.

While they were talking, the carriage stopped after a while.

Madam Shang pulled aside the curtain and asked Shang Wufeng and Gu Shangqing who were sitting in the front, "Are we here yet?"

"No, there seem to be a lot of guests today, and there are many carriages parked in front." Shang Wufeng said, "Just wait, there's no rush."

Li Mumu was also a little curious and pulled aside the side curtain to take a look.

The women who got off the car were all vying with each other for beauty, wearing silk and satin in the latest styles.

Madam Shang also saw it and said, "Just wait and see. When they see how we are dressed, they will definitely ridicule us openly or covertly."

Li Mumu closed the curtain and couldn't help asking out of curiosity, "Madam Shang, forgive me for being frank. If you know this, why do you still dress like this? I think it should be very easy for General Shang and Madam Shang to dress like them now."

Madam Shang asked with a smile: "Then why don't you dress like them? Not to mention me, even you, it's not difficult for you to blend in with them just based on the restaurant's revenue."

"It's not difficult to blend in with them in terms of clothing, but other things are hard to say." Li Mumu smiled, "Even if I'm covered in gold and silver and wear the most expensive clothes, they still think I'm from a remote village. They will still look down on me. If that's the case, why should I force myself to blend in with them?"

"If I meet someone who really wants to make friends with me, like you, my lady, I won't be laughed at no matter what I dress like," said Li Mumu.

"That's right, I thought so too." Madam Shang nodded vigorously in agreement, "My general and your husband asked me to look after you, but in fact, I just moved to Chong'an and this is my first time attending a banquet at the general's mansion."

"But you don't have to worry. At least I've been through a lot too. I'm much older than you, so I can still take care of you."

Li Mumu was amused by Madam Shang's words and bowed to her again, "Then it all depends on you, Madam."