Chapter 62: Moving

"Bah!" Gu Xiuxiu couldn't help herself and jumped out from behind her mother. "Even if you don't have a mirror at home, you still have urine. Take a good look at yourself. With your character, you still want to hit on my Third Aunt! You failed to pursue my Third Aunt, and now you come out to spread rumors. Disgusting!"

  "Xiu Xiu!" Gu Shangyong quickly pulled her over and said, "Although you are telling the truth, how can you say it so vulgarly? Aren't you studying?"

  Gu Xiuxiu nodded knowing her mistake, "I was so angry. I won't be so rude next time."

  When Mother Gu looked over, she saw that it was Father Gu and his two sons who had also rushed over.

  Mother Gu looked around and said to the people around her, including Zheng Ansheng: "I tell you, my family is not easy to bully! Normally, we don't bother with you, but you have repeatedly made up rumors about my daughter-in-law, so don't blame us for being rude!"

  "If I hear that again, my family will beat you up!" Gu's mother said loudly, "There are many men in my family. When it comes to fighting, we have never been afraid!"

  Everyone couldn't help but shrink their necks.

  There are indeed many men in the Gu family, but there are also many men in every family in the village.

  The key is that the men in the Gu family are strong!

  In the past, people would grow tall and strong by eating vegetable steamed bread.

  Now that their family is rich, they eat meat and white flour buns every day, and they are visibly stronger.

  "Let's go!" Before leaving, Gu's mother glared at Zheng Ansheng fiercely again.

  Although this commotion still couldn't stop those who wanted to gossip, even after the Gu family explained, they still gossiped.

  But there was another voice in the village, that Zheng Ansheng was not a decent person.

  Gu Shangqing has only been dead for a short time, and he has already set his sights on Li Mumu. What's the difference between this and stepping directly on Gu Shangqing's grave?

  A grown man, who has no ability himself, just covets Li Mumu's money and wants to live off her.

  Even if everyone doesn't want to work hard and wants a chance to live off others, it doesn't stop them from pretending that they don't want to and gathering together to laugh at Zheng Ansheng.

  After Gu's mother brought the Gu family home, she was still angry.

  "We can't live here any longer," said Gu's mother. "Those people are getting more and more outrageous."

  "Shang Yong, Shang Wei, how is the house you two decided on?" asked Gu's mother.

  "I was just planning to discuss this with you." Gu Shangyong said, "We finally selected two houses."

  "There is a house that is relatively close to where we set up our stall. It is just around the corner. But the alley is quiet. I have asked around the neighbors, and they are all honest and decent. But because of the good location, it is more expensive. It costs 4 taels of silver a month." said Gu Shangyong.

  "The other location is a little off the beaten track, but the neighbors are also nice. It's 500 wen cheaper than the first one."

  Mother Gu thought for a moment and said, "Then let's choose the first one, the one that costs 4 taels per month."

  "Since we have already moved to the town for convenience, let's make it more convenient. This way, if there are any problems at the stall, we can go there easily."

  "By the way, how many rooms are there in there?" Gu's mother asked again.

  Gu Shangyong and Gu Shangwei laughed at the same time. Gu Shangyong grinned and made a six, "Five bedrooms!"

  "This is a place we are particularly satisfied with. We have thought about it. When the time comes, you, Dad and Mom, will have one room, and each of our three families will have one room. Xiuxiu is older now, and it will be difficult for her to live with us, so we will give her a room. The remaining room can be used for Youkang to live with us!" Gu Shangyong said with a smile.

  Li Youkang never thought that the Gu family had reserved a room for him.

  "Why...why did you reserve a room for me?" Li Youkang said with a red face, "I was originally thinking of staying here and setting up a stall in town every day."

  "That's too much trouble. We've all moved over there. You don't know anyone here. You'll be so lonely living alone!" Gu Shangwei said, "Come with us to town. We can live together and it will be more convenient to open a stall!"

  "But...but if there is one less room, the rent can be cheaper..." said Li Youkang.

  "When I asked them to look at the house, I included you in the plan from the very beginning." Mother Gu said with a smile, "Aren't you being too polite by telling us this now?"

  Li Youkang moved his mouth and said with red eyes: "My parents, brothers and sisters-in-law kicked me out and didn't allow me to live in their house. But Auntie, you...you gave me a house to live in, and I..."

  How come the Gu family is so nice!

  They...how could they not care about him at all?

  "You can't be white

  "We still have to pay the rent, so we can have less pressure on our monthly expenses."

  Li Youkang's eyes lit up. He was so busy feeling embarrassed that he forgot this point.

  "I'll pay!" Li Youkang said excitedly, "I earn 150 wen a month now. Auntie, I'll give you 140 wen a month, okay? When my sister gives me a raise in the future, I'll pay more!"

  "You kid!" Mother Gu said to Li Mumu with a smile, "You too, why do you still ask your brother to pay?"

  "Let's put it this way. If he really wants to eat and live for free, how can he feel at ease?" Li Mumu said, "No matter where you are, you have to be self-reliant to live a stable life. Youkang earns little now, so when he earns more in the future, let him rent a house by himself. It's not right for him to live in his sister's in-laws' house."

  Li Mumu is not stingy, it's just that it doesn't sound good to say this.

  Not good for Li Youkang.

  Li Youkang nodded heavily.

  "Besides, he only gets 140 cents a month for his own room, including food, but he makes money," Li Mumu said with a smile.

  "Then you should quickly raise Youkang's salary." Gu's mother urged.

  Li Youkang waved his hands repeatedly, "We've all moved to town, and my elder and second brothers are helping me, so there's even less I can do. Besides, I have to pay four taels of silver in rent every month, so I have even less money left. You can't raise my wages."

  Zhang Caiping had been calculating with an abacus at the side, and now she looked up, "With our current business, 150 wen is indeed a little too little. Besides, our current small stall is actually not enough."

  "There are so many customers every day that they can't even get in line." Zhang Caiping said, "If my eldest brother and my husband help, our stall will be overwhelmed."

  "Mom, Mumu, do you think we should expand a little bit?" Zhang Caiping said, "Our stall is rented on a monthly basis, so it is quite convenient to move to a bigger place. After we finish this month, we can move to a bigger place. We can use the remaining time to choose a place and tell the customers so that they don't come empty-handed in the future."

  "I've thought about it, too." Li Mumu said, "And I have new food that I want to sell, and a small stall really can't do it. Second sister-in-law, do we have enough money now to rent a shop?"