Chapter 34: Don't Go Crazy Because of Shang Qing

Zhang Caiping also went back to the room with Gu Shangwei, and people from both rooms were crying in their own rooms.

  "Mom, what's wrong with you?" Gu Baiyuan asked nervously when he saw his parents were crying.

  "It's okay." Wang Cuizhen thought for a moment and said, "Your third uncle still has to serve in the army. It will be many years before he comes back."

  "Everyone in our family misses your third uncle, so please don't mention him in front of your grandparents, okay?" Wang Cuizhen said in a low voice.

  "Okay." Gu Baiyuan nodded obediently.

  "Be good, your Third Aunt has been very busy these days. She has to take care of the business and teach you. Let her have a good rest today. Don't disturb her. Just review your lessons on your own." Gu Shangyong said.

  "Okay." Gu Baiyuan went to read obediently.

  Gu Xiuxiu walked in cautiously, "Dad, Mom, Third Uncle... Is he..."

  Gu Xiuxiu started crying before she finished speaking.

  "Xiu Xiu, you are a grown-up now. We won't hide this from you." Wang Cuizhen pulled Gu Xiuxiu over and cried, "Your third uncle...he is dead."

  Gu Xiuxiu cried out "wow" and quickly covered her tears with her hands.

  "Good child." Gu Shangyong touched Gu Xiuxiu's head, "Don't mention this in front of your grandparents. It will make them sad."

  Gu Xiuxiu nodded, "I...I miss my third uncle."

  "Yes, we all do." Gu Shangyong said crying.

  One afternoon, the Gu family's yard was quiet and everyone was in their own rooms.

  Even if I cried, I would do it in a suppressed way, crying quietly for fear of being heard.

  Everyone in the room was recalling Gu Shangqing's past.

  At sunset, Li Mumu's clear voice was suddenly heard from the courtyard, "Dad, Mom, eldest brother and sister-in-law, second brother and sister-in-law, Xiuxiu, Baiyuan, Baijin, come out to eat quickly."

  Everyone left the house after hearing this. Mother Gu looked surprised and said, "Mumu, what are you doing..."

  "Mom, come and eat. You have to eat no matter what." Li Mumu said, then turned back to the kitchen and brought the dishes to the table.

  Everyone was so sad that no one even remembered to cook.

  Besides, I have no appetite.

  Mother Gu sighed secretly in her heart.

  It's not Li Mumu's fault.

  She had never met Gu Shangqing since she got married, let alone spent even a moment with him.

  Now to Li Mumu

  For her, it was just that her husband, whom she had never met, had died, and she was left a widow, so she couldn't help feeling sad.

  But I'm afraid I can't generate more sadness.

  Gu Shangqing is just a stranger to Li Mumu.

  Thinking about how Li Mumu has been smart and capable since she got married, she has helped the family a lot.

  He solved the problem of his little kid's education, and also took his sisters-in-law to do business together to show his filial piety to them.