Chapter 52: Leaving Home

"I don't know who it is that has been missing for a long time, and now he is pretending to be a filial son in front of me?" Li Youcai crossed his legs and took a sip of water. "You are so filial, why don't you go to the fields and help?"

  As they were talking, they heard the voices of Li's mother and Zhang chatting.

  "Mom!" Li Youcai stood up and shouted excitedly. When he went out to take a look, he saw that even his father had returned with her.

  "How's business today?" Li Youcai asked impatiently.

  "Don't mention it, it's so unlucky!" Li's mother said angrily, "I didn't sell anything! Those people actually said it tasted bad! Isn't pig offal tasted the same? Li Mumu sells the same thing, so why do they have to say that what we sell tastes bad?"

  "That's right. I really don't understand why Li Mumu sells so well." Zhang said in confusion.

  They still haven't figured out that the problem is that they didn't clean it properly or that the marinade was different.

  "What should we do? We have bought so many offal, aren't we going to lose money?" Li Youcai said anxiously.

  His family didn't have much money to begin with, and now he had to spend a lot of money to buy pig offal.

  "Let's try selling it tomorrow." Li's mother said, "I don't believe that we won't be able to sell any of them."

  As they talked, they walked into the house. When they saw Li Youkang, Li's mother was stunned for a moment, and then she became furious, "How dare you come back!"

  Father Li still doesn't know what happened.

  Li Youcai also asked curiously: "Mom, what's wrong?"

  "You are such a good brother. You gave up our family business and farm work to work for Li Mumu." Mother Li said angrily.

  "Now that you're back, why don't you want to work with Li Mumu anymore?" asked Li's mother.

  "I still do it with my sister." Li Youkang said.

  "Then get out!" Li's mother was immediately furious, "I've also told you, if you do it with Li Mumu, don't go home!"

  Li Youcai rolled his eyes several times and suddenly asked, "You work with Li Mumu, does Li Mumu pay you?"

  "He just wanted the salary from Li Mumu, and he didn't even care about his face." Li's mother said angrily, "He thinks the family treats you badly! Since you despise this family so much, then get out! Go live on your own! You have been at home since you were a child, with food, drink and clothes, but you don't know how hard it is to survive. I see you are alone outside

  , can you survive? No one will cook for you, can you do it yourself? If your clothes are torn, who will mend them for you? Even if you want to find a place to live, I am afraid you can't find one! "

  Li Youcai, however, was thinking about something else. "How much did Li Mumu pay you?"

  Li Youkang frowned, "What?"

  He just didn't care about his family before, but he's not a fool.

  After Li Youcai asked this, he knew what Li Youcai meant.

  Mother Li also reacted, and then she heard Li Youcai say: "If you want to live at home, that's fine. In the past, you worked in the fields at home, and you ate and drank at home, so it was naturally no problem. But now you don't work for the family anymore, you earn money outside, and you give the money you earn to mother, then you can still live at home, eat and drink at home, no problem."

  "Yes, your elder brother is right!" Mother Li nodded immediately.

  Li Youkang has seen how the Gu family get along with each other. Compared with the Gu family, he suddenly doesn't want to be as carefree as before.

  He doesn't care, but others take his indifference as his way of not caring and think he is a fool.

  Li Youkang suddenly smiled, "How much do you want?"

  Li's mother didn't see the irony in Li Youkang's smile at all, and said, "Tell me how much you earned first."

  Li Youkang would not tell her the truth now, so he said, "50 cents a month."

  "That's all?" Li's mother didn't believe it. "Tell the truth!"

  "Is 50 wen not enough?" Li Youkang said, "Can our family earn 50 wen a month? Just based on the harvest from our fields. In the past, my father and I did the farm work, just the two of us, while other families had three or four people working together. So the harvest from our fields was never as good as others. We also earned less."

  "I feel that 50 cents is not a small amount," said Li Youkang.

  Compared with the Li family, it is indeed not a small amount.

  Li's mother said, "Don't say I didn't leave you a penny. Give me 40 cents and keep the remaining 10 cents for yourself."

  "Not all of this 40 cents will be spent by our family. I still need to save it for you to get married and build a house. All these will cost money," Li's mother explained.

  This explanation seemed reasonable, but Li Youkang asked: "So how much money have you deposited for me from now on?"

  For more than ten years, I have only one penny a month.

  I don't even have money for my own expenses. According to this method of saving, let alone building another house in our yard. Even if I build another big house in our village, or even rent a house in the town, it should be enough. "Li Youkang said.

  "What we earned in the past was used by our family, not by you." Li's mother said immediately, "You also said that the money our family earned in the past was not as much as what you earn in a month now. Naturally, we didn't save much money. And your brother also spent money on his marriage."

  "Now that you've earned some extra money, I'll... I'll start saving it for you starting this month." Li's mother thought that she had to get Li Youkang's money first.

  Li Youkang will have to wait a long time before he can get married, but she is not in a hurry anyway.

  Let's talk about it when we get married!

  "10 cents." Li Youkang lowered his head and smiled, "It's much better than not giving me a cent before."

  "Forget it, I'll just move out." Li Youkang said, "I'd rather use this money to rent a place for myself than to use it to support my eldest brother's family."

  Li Youcai immediately said unhappily: "How can you talk like that! What do you mean by supporting our family?"

  "In the past, you just pretended to work in the fields and never did any work. The family income was all earned by me and Dad. Didn't we all support your family?" Li Youkang said, "Now I want 40 cents a month. Mom loves you so much, so naturally I have to use the money to support you."

  "What are you saving for me? Do you think I will believe it?" Li Youkang curled his lips.

  "You only worked with Li Mumu for one day, how did you become like this!" Li's mother said in disbelief, "What kind of magic potion did she feed you to make you hate your family so much!"

  "I didn't say anything." Li Youkang said coldly, "I just saw everything you did in the past. Just because I don't say anything or care about it doesn't mean I don't understand."

  "But now I don't want to care anymore. Why is it that my eldest brother is the only one who lives the happiest life in this family?" Li Youkang pulled his lip, "I also want to live a happy and comfortable life. I make my own money, my own life, and my future prospects. I will grab them and run for them myself. You shouldn't care whether I can eat outside or have a roof over my head."

  After Li Youkang finished speaking, he went back to the house and packed his clothes into a small bag.