Chapter 53: Warmth

He didn't have many clothes, and as Li Mumu said, each piece of clothes had patches on it.

  But even so, he didn't want to waste it.

  Li Mumu said that she had found a place for him to live, but it still needed to be cleaned.

  It was just right that he could wear these old clothes while tidying up the house.

  Li Youkang packed his luggage and left the house, while the Li family remained where they were.

  When everyone saw that he had really packed his luggage and came out, Father Li said in a calm voice, "You are so stubborn. You think that your family treats you badly and you will never come back again, right?"

  Li Youkang pursed his lips, remembering what Li Mumu taught him, gritted his teeth, knelt down in front of Li's father and mother, and kowtowed to them, "My son dare not. I will always remember the kindness of my parents in raising me. Although I am not as good as my elder brother, I have clothes to wear, food to eat, and a roof over my head, which is much better than the beggars sleeping on the streets."

  "But my son is grown up now, he has his hands and feet, and he can support himself. I can't bear to let him stay at home and waste his time." Li Youkang said slowly, "My son has gone out to work and is self-reliant, and he is no longer a burden to his parents. I think our life will be more comfortable without me as a mouth to feed."

  "If my son has a promising future, he will definitely be filial to his parents." Li Youkang said, "My son will never forget the kindness of his parents in raising him throughout his life."

  After saying that, Li Youkang kowtowed three times to Li's father and mother.

  The four members of the Li family were confused by Li Youkang's sudden action.

  I watched Li Youkang kowtow three times and then walk out with his bag.

  It was a long time after he left that the four people who stayed in the house came to their senses.

  "He...he..." Father Li pointed at the empty door and was speechless for a long time.

  Zhang pondered over what Li Youkang had just said, and finally came to her senses. "What did he say about being much better than being a beggar on the street? He actually compared living in our house to being a beggar. What did he mean?"

  After hearing what Zhang said, Li Youcai also thought about it and found that following this line of thought, Li Youkang's words seemed to be fine at the moment, but after careful consideration, every sentence had a hidden meaning.

  "He said that when he becomes successful in the future, he will be filial to his parents. In other words, he will wait until he becomes successful in the future. Now he doesn't plan to give a penny to his family." Li Youcai finally said wisely.

  Mother Li said angrily:

  "He said it in a nice way, saying that life would be more comfortable without him at home. He obviously went out to make money and enjoy his own life, but he said it as if he was thinking about our family!"

  "This kid...when did he become so cunning?!" Father Li said in surprise.

  Li Youkang was walking on the way to Yong'an Village. At first, he was angry with Li Youcai and forgot Li Mumu's advice for a moment and spoke his true feelings.

  He went back to the room to pack his bags, calmed down, and thought about what Li Mumu had taught him.

  Li Youkang took advantage of the time when Li's father and mother were not able to react and knelt down to speak to them.