Chapter 45: Drawing Cakes

"This is not a fair thing to do, but we are located in a remote area. There are only two meat stalls in the town. If we don't buy from them, we can only go to a farther place to buy, which is really not cost-effective. Even if they raise the price, we can't do anything about it."

  "But because I'm an old customer, I negotiated with the boss and decided to buy their pig offal for three cents per two pairs," said Li Mumu.

  "Even if Zhang goes to town now, she can't buy pig offal from the small stalls. I bought them all. She can only buy from the big stalls. But the big stalls have more goods, and there are so many goods supplied to Zhenweilou that there are at least ten pairs of pig offal left every day. Zhang wants to use 8 cents to make up for it, even if the price of pig offal has not increased, she is just overthinking." Li Mumu said with a smile.

  Li Youkang breathed a sigh of relief, "That's good."

  "But they are going to steal the marinade ingredients." Li Youkang added, "Sister, you have to be prepared early."

  "We do need to be on guard against this." Li Mumu nodded.

  "Mu Mu, what are you going to do?" Wang Cuizhen asked hurriedly.

  "This is easy. Just do as they say. I'll cook another pot of marinade and put it in the kitchen, and let Li Youcai come to steal it at night." Li Mumu didn't even have to guess. This kind of sneaky thing would definitely be done by Li Youcai.

  "I'll just put some cheap stuff in the marinade for them." Li Mumu said, "Don't let them get away with it cheaply. The real marinade and bone soup will be placed in my room tonight."

  "That's good." Zhang Caiping was also relieved.

  Seeing that Li Mumu had a response, Li Youkang felt relieved and said, "Then I'll go home first."

  "I'll take you there." Li Mumu said.

  He went out with Li Youkang and called him again.

  "Sister, what's the matter?" Li Youkang stopped and asked.

  "I didn't think it through before. After you left, I thought of some things." Li Mumu said, "Since the Li family is also going to sell braised food in town, and they are planning to steal my marinade ingredients. According to their temperament, I'm afraid they will set up a stall near me to compete with me, and I will see my business being taken away by them with my own eyes."

  "But in that case, they will see you coming to help me." Li Mumu said.

  "I'm not afraid of them finding out." Li Youkang said, and then looked at Li Mumu cautiously, "Sister, you... you are

  Don't you want to hire me?"

  "What are you thinking about?" Li Mumu flicked his head. "I have thought carefully about asking you to work with me. But I don't want you to be embarrassed at home. If they find out that you are working for me and making money, think about it, can you keep the money you earn?"

  "Let's not talk about that. You will inevitably be scolded by them every day at home." Li Mumu sighed, "Think about it yourself. In this situation, how can you live in the Li family? They may even not let you come to work for me. Even if you insist on not working, they can still keep an eye on you and not let you go out. If they make such a fuss every day, how can you insist on coming to work for me?"

  Li Youkang was in a dilemma.

  He scratched his head anxiously. He knew his family as well as Li Mumu.

  It was precisely because he knew that what Li Mumu said would definitely happen.

  It could even be worse.

  "Sister, but I really want to do it with you." Li Youkang said anxiously.

  Li Mumu then said, "Are you willing to move out?"

  "Move out?" Li Youkang said, "It's no problem for me to move out, but where should I live?"

  "I definitely can't live here. How can my brother from my mother's side live with you in my husband's house?" Li Youkang said.

  Li Mumu smiled and said, "If you are willing to move out, I will go and ask the village chief to rent you a house. There are several abandoned houses in our village. Some families have moved away, and some families have had some problems and no longer live there. But the house has been abandoned for a long time, so there must be problems of one kind or another."

  "That's not a problem." Li Youkang said, "I have hands and feet and I'm in good health, so I can fix it myself. Besides, after I finish the work for you, I have nothing to do, so I can just fix the house."

  "If you live alone, you don't need a very big house." Li Mumu said.

  Although they are called houses, the houses in Yong'an Village are all simple and dilapidated small houses.

  In a small courtyard, you can decide how many houses to build.

  "Okay!" said Li Youkang.

  In fact, Li Mumu has her own plans, and she doesn't plan to live in Yong'an Village for a long time.

  Since we are planning to start a business, we must move to the town.

  If the business is doing well, we may move to a more prosperous place in the future.

  therefore

  Renting a house to Li Youkang is only temporary.

  Judging from Li Youkang's attitude, he will definitely follow her out to work when the time comes.

  But these are all matters for the future, and Li Mumu is not in a hurry to talk about them now.

  She took out a purse from her bosom, which was made of scraps of cloth left over from cutting clothes.

  "Take this money," Li Mumu said, "and find time to go to the shop in town and buy some new clothes."

  "Although buying cloth is cheaper, it takes time to sew. You can go to the shop and buy two ready-made clothes to wear." Li Mumu said.

  "Sister, what are you doing? I have clothes to wear." Li Youkang said.

  "Wear these patched clothes of yours?" Li Mumu said.

  Li Youkang blushed slightly, and Li Mumu said, "Look at the clothes that my elder sister-in-law and I wear. Although they are not new, they are clean and have no patches. If you work with me and people ask, you are my brother, but I am dressed properly, but you are wearing patched clothes. How will they look at me?"

  "Sister, you don't have to say this. I know you care about me." Li Youkang said, "But I can't take your money."

  "Why not?" Li Mumu took his hand and stuffed the purse into his palm.

  "I'm lending you this money for your lunch." Li Mumu said, "When you earn wages, I'll deduct it slowly from the money."

  Seeing that Li Youkang was still hesitant, Li Mumu said, "Youkang, take a long-term view. Instead of arguing with me about this little penny, you should think about how you can help me, help me more, and become my capable assistant."

  "I will not be satisfied with just opening a snack stand. I will open a restaurant in the future, and maybe even a bigger business," Li Mumu said. "We will not stay in Yong'an Village forever, or even in Anping Town. We will go to more prosperous places."

  "But to do business, I need someone I can completely trust." Li Mumu said, "That's why I want you to help me, because I completely trust you. But it's useless to just trust you. I need you to be capable and to make progress with me, not just to help me with some odd jobs."

  "In the future, I will need you to be the shopkeeper, and even help me manage my business." Li Mumu said.

  Even though her stall hasn't expanded yet, she's already thinking about expanding her business throughout the country of Daxi.