Chapter 146: Chinese New Year

"Of course." Li Mumu nodded in agreement.

Mother Li was slightly relieved.

Li Mumu lowered the car curtain and said to Zhang Zhiyuan and Li Jingzhong, "Thank you for your hard work."

Li Jingzhong harnessed the horse back to the carriage and bowed to Li Mumu, "Madam, don't worry, I will definitely send them home safely."

After saying this, he and Zhang Zhiyuan drove away in a carriage.

After narrowing the scope according to the ideas provided by Li Mumu.

Gu Shangqing secretly investigated some wealthy families in Chong'an City.

First, eliminate those who have no conflict of interest with Li Mumu.

Gu Shangqing's target group is those who are also in the food business.

Gu Shangqing did not consider the restaurant because Gu's snacks is currently just a small restaurant on a very small scale, and the restaurant could not regard Gu's snacks as a competitor.

As for restaurants of similar size, they are all small businesses.

However, it is not impossible to grit your teeth and find someone to bring Mr. and Mrs. Li over, it's just not cost-effective.

But Gu Shangqing still cautiously classified all of these as suspicious.

The Gu family had just arrived and did not have many interactions with people from Chong'an.

Apart from Li Mumu who had gone to the General's Mansion with him for a banquet, the other members of the Gu family had only interacted with the surrounding neighbors and some vendors at most.

None of these people have enough financial resources to support servants, let alone send servants to such a faraway place to bring Mr. and Mrs. Li back.

Most importantly, they have no hostility or conflict with Li Mumu.

When it came to someone who could afford to support servants and was hostile to Li Mumu, the first person Gu Shangqing thought of was Su Zhier.

"I checked the homes of those people." Gu Shangqing told Li Mumu about the scope of his investigation, "and found no one who matched the appearance of the portrait."

"Finally, I checked the Su family."

When Li Mumu heard this, her face twitched.

Is the change in this life so great?

Not only did Gu Shangqing dislike Su Zhier, he also directly suspected the Su family to the end.

Whenever something bad happened, the Su family would be suspected.

"I didn't expect that I would actually find it." Gu Shangqing said.

"Is it really from the Su family?" Li Mumu was shocked.

How could this matter be related to the Su family?

Gu Shangqing nodded and said, "This man is called Li Lai, and he is a servant of the Su family. He also has a sister named Chun Chao, who is Su Zhier's personal maid."

Li Mumu's eyes twitched, "Do you suspect... that Su Zhier sent Li Lai to bring my parents here?"

Gu Shangqing nodded, "Of course, it is also possible that he was sent by Su Guangcheng. He was just worried that he would be found out, so he chose Li Lai on purpose."

"Because Su Zhi'er was like a madman before, she had to pester me. Su Guangcheng might have taken advantage of this and chose Li Lai to do this." Gu Shangqing analyzed, "If Li Lai is found out, Su Guangcheng can use Li Lai's relationship with Chun Chao to blame Su Zhi'er for sending Li Lai to investigate you out of personal feelings."