Chapter 126: Different

"You did a good job." Master Guan nodded. "In the future, if there is this kind of situation again, after you receive the invitation, have someone wait at the door and come back to ask the main family if they want to meet."

Mr. Guan turned to Mr. Gu's father and mother and said, "As for the master's family, it is not necessary to meet them. If you want to see them, just let the servants bring them in. If you don't want to see them, then find a reason to turn them down."

"This... I don't know whether I should meet them or not." Mother Gu had never encountered such a thing before.

In the past, it was the neighbors who would come over and chat casually.

But the people outside the door were the prefect's family. She had never come into contact with such a family of officials and had no idea what to do.

"Master Guan, what do you think we should do?" asked Mother Gu.

Master Guan stroked the tuft of beard on his chin and said, "Since it is the daughter of the prefect's family who is visiting, it is not good to turn them away for the first time. Besides, the third lady said last time that they might come to apologize."

"Why don't we let them in?" Master Guan said, "Madam, please provide them with tea and snacks."

"Before the Third Madam comes back, you don't have to respond to anything they say. Just say you don't understand and wait for the Third Madam to come back. If they apologize, you can say you didn't know about it, and then ask Gu Mian to call the Third Madam back."

"Okay." Mother Gu was still a little nervous and had to go ahead with it.

Master Guan said to Gu's father, "These families attach great importance to certain rules. Only Madam Su and Miss Su are here this time, so it is inconvenient for you, Master Gu, to appear in front of the hall."

"Okay, I'll go back to the house first." Father Gu showed a helpless expression to Mother Gu, thinking that he didn't have to face it alone, but he breathed a sigh of relief and hurried back to the house.

Master Guan instructed Gu's mother again, "Madam, you should go back to the hall and wait for Gu Mian to bring Madam Su and Miss Su over. When they are almost at the door, you can go to the door to greet them."

Mother Gu had a headache. "Aiyo, why are there so many rules."

Master Guan smiled and said, "It's good to get in touch with these now. I think the Third Young Master has a promising future. He is also highly regarded by his superiors. It's only a matter of time before he gets promoted to a military position. In the future, there will be Bai Yuan passing the imperial examination. Your family is no longer an ordinary family! You will have to get in touch with these things sooner or later."

"Thank you for your kind words, Master Guan." Mother Gu said with a smile, "Today, it is all thanks to Master Guan. Otherwise, I would have been out of line, and would have been a disgrace to Shang Qing."

Master Guan smiled and waved his hands, "Since I live here, it's my duty to help when I encounter such things."

"However, it is not appropriate for me to be here in the future, so I will rely on Old Madam for everything." Master Guan bowed and left with Father Gu.

Mother Gu: "..."

Gu Mian was looking at Gu's mother, so Gu's mother had no choice but to say, "Go and welcome people in."

"Yes!" Gu Mian responded.

Mother Gu also hurried back to the hall.

Gu Mian went to open the door, "Please come in, both of you."