Chapter 63: Opening a Restaurant

Zhang Caiping smiled and said, "Don't blame me. I secretly asked my husband to find out about a few shops."

  "I know about this. Shang Wei asked me to go and find out." Gu Shangyong said quickly.

  Wang Cuizhen immediately asked, "Why didn't you tell me?"

  "My sister-in-law asked Shang Wei to keep it a secret, and Shang Wei didn't dare tell her that he had told her. She specifically asked me not to tell anyone." Gu Shangyong scratched his head.

  "I was thinking that if the price is right, we can discuss it. If not, we can avoid wasting everyone's time waiting," Zhang Caiping explained.

  "So how's your search going?" asked Mother Gu. "If it's suitable, we can open a small restaurant. After all, from the beginning, we wanted to open a restaurant, which is naturally more convenient than a stall."

  "After deducting the cost, we can earn more than 400 wen every day. The extra 10 or 20 wen is not fixed every day." Zhang Caiping said, "In this way, we can earn more than 12 taels a month."

  "But since we can no longer go up the mountain to collect spices, we have to buy them from the shops in town, and the cost has increased a bit. Since we have only switched to buying them in town in the past few days, I roughly calculated that after deducting the cost, we can probably make 10 taels a month."

  "After deducting our rent, there are still 5 taels left. After deducting daily food expenses, there will be more than 5 taels left." Zhang Caiping said while calculating, "It's mainly because our family doesn't spend much on daily food expenses. In addition, our family sells food, and most of the food we eat is what we sell on a regular basis. There is no need to spend much money on this separately, so we spend very little on this aspect."

  "In this case, we can keep the monthly rent for the shop at around 2 taels." Zhang Caiping said, "I think our shop doesn't need to be too big. It doesn't have to be as big as Zhenweilou. The rent shouldn't be more than our house, right?"

  "We actually found a good one, just opposite our original stall." Gu Shangwei said, "It can accommodate at least seven or eight tables. There is also for the kitchen. The monthly rent is 2 taels."

  "Then let's go check it out tomorrow, before it's booked by someone else." Mother Gu said hurriedly, "It's just opposite our original stall, so it's easy to find customers, and it's close to our house. If it's suitable, we can book it together with the house tomorrow."

  Wang Cuizhen still looked a little bit unbelieving, and felt that her feet were light and fluttering. She murmured, "We are

  I've only been doing business for a short time, but I've already opened a small restaurant!"

  "Yes!" Zhang Caiping nodded with a smile, "Even I feel like I'm dreaming. At the beginning, I didn't have a proper stall, just a table and a pot. Not long after selling, I set up a fixed stall and a table. But not long after that, I was able to open a small restaurant!"

  Mother Gu smiled and said, "Besides, winter is coming soon. When the weather is freezing, it won't be a good idea for you to set up a stall outside. It's too cold."

  "Yes, from now on, we can stay indoors without worrying about the sun in summer or the cold in winter." Wang Cuizhen landed on the ground with her two feet floating on the ground, and stood up and said, "No, I have to go back and digest it well. I'm afraid our family will become very rich in no time."

  Wang Cuizhen's words made Gu's mother laugh so hard.

  Originally, the Gu family was very angry because of Zheng Ansheng's matter during the day.

  However, because of one good news after another, everyone is filled with beautiful expectations for the future and forgets the unhappiness of the day.

  They are about to move out of Yong'an Village, and everyone in the Gu family is extremely excited.

  Having moved to a better environment, no one actually has the slightest attachment to the place where they have lived for decades.

  No one in the room slept at night.

  Gu Xiuxiu tossed and turned on the small bed not far from her parents' bed.

  Wang Cuizhen heard the voice and said, "Xiu Xiu, why aren't you sleeping yet?"

  "I... I was so happy that I couldn't sleep when I thought about having my own room." Gu Xiuxiu simply propped herself up, "It's like a dream. Dad, can I really have my own room?"

  "Of course, I've reserved a room for you, but it's a little smaller," said Gu Shangyong.

  "That's okay." Gu Xiuxiu said happily, "No matter how small it is, it's still my bedroom."

  "Yes, from now on, our Xiuxiu will live up to her name and become a lady from a noble family!" Gu Shangyong said happily.

  "Dad and Mom work hard to make money, so our family can open a small restaurant now, and in the future we can open a restaurant like Zhenweilou." Wang Cuizhen also said excitedly, "When the time comes, our Xiuxiu and Baiyuan will be the young lady and young master!"

  Gu Xiuxiu smiled and said, "I can also go to the store to help."

  "You better not do that." Wang Cuizhen said, "Wait until your third aunt finds a teacher, and then you can study hard with Bai Yuan and Bai Jin under the teacher."

  "Mom..." Gu Xiuxiu didn't expect that Wang Cuizhen would support her studies so much.

  When Wang Cuizhen first studied with Li Mumu, she was not very happy at first.

  "Are you willing to let me, Bai Yuan and Bai Jin study with the teacher?" Gu Xiuxiu asked in surprise.

  "What's the big deal? Since we've already found a teacher, he can teach one or three. If he teaches one less, we'll be at a loss." Wang Cuizhen said, "Besides, I've also seen from your Third Aunt that even women should read books. As long as they read books, they will know a lot. Not all scholars have great abilities, but most of those with great abilities have read books."

  "I also hope that you can be as smart and capable as your third aunt." Wang Cuizhen said, "Your third aunt was still secretly learning on her own. Now you can study seriously with a teacher. Your conditions are much better than your third aunt had at the beginning."

  "I will study hard and become as capable as Third Aunt in the future!" said Gu Xiuxiu.

  Gu Baiyuan, who had been listening to them talking and had not fallen asleep, sat up and said, "I will also study hard and become a high-ranking official, so that those people will never dare to speak ill of Third Aunt again!"

  "Okay, okay." Wang Cuizhen touched Gu Baiyuan's head, "Then it depends on you."

  In the second room, the sound of abacus clacking can still be heard.

  Gu Shangwei said helplessly: "I see you are almost grinding the abacus beads into pieces, what's the point of calculating?"

  "I'm estimating the income after our family opens the restaurant." Zhang Caiping's smile widened the more she calculated.

  "How can you estimate something that hasn't happened yet?" Gu Shangwei looked at Zhang Caiping with pure excitement.

  "Just for fun. Let's set a safe number and do the math." Zhang Caiping turned to Gu Shangwei and asked, "Do you think our family can live in a mansion like that? The kind of mansions that rich men live in, very grand and large."

  Gu Shangwei nodded and said confidently: "Yes, definitely!"

  "When you first started setting up stalls, who would have thought that we would be able to open a small restaurant so soon?" Gu Shangwei said, "I would never have thought that we would have such a good life today."