Chapter 32: Rumors of the Hero's Death in Battle

Mother Gu heard Aunt Li shouting outside in the yard and didn't want to answer her.

  But who knew that Aunt Li mentioned Gu Shangqing.

  Mother Gu's face changed and she hurried to open the door.

  At this time, Aunt Li and the other two also hurried to the door.

  "Eldest sister of the Gu family, it's bad!" Aunt Li said hurriedly without even catching her breath, "Your Gu Shangqing... Gu Shangqing is probably in danger..."

  "Bah!" Mother Gu's eyes turned red with hatred, and she spat on Aunt Li's face, "You are the one in danger, and your whole family is in danger! You came to my house to ask for the secret recipe, but you cursed my son instead. You are simply not a human being!"

  Wang Cuizhen, Zhang Caiping and Li Mumu also followed out after hearing the noise.

  Upon hearing this, Wang Cuizhen pointed at Aunt Li and the other two angrily and said, "We are all from the same village. We just have some quarrels and disagreements among ourselves. Do you think you can curse others like this?"

  "Oh, you really misunderstood." Aunt Li slapped her thigh and said, "Zhang Erzhu said this himself."

  "What do you mean?" Li Mumu asked coldly.

  "Just now on our way back, we happened to meet Zhang Erzhu coming back." Wang explained.

  "He lost a leg and couldn't go to the battlefield anymore, so he came back." Wang said, "We thought, didn't Zhang Erzhu join the army with Gu Shangqing? He should have been assigned to the same place, so we asked him about it."

  "Who knew that Zhang Erzhu said that Gu Shangqing was sent to carry out a mission, but ended up missing. I'm afraid he's in great danger!" Wang said.

  "Just because he's missing doesn't mean he's dead in battle. It's more bad than good, but there's still a chance of good fortune." Li Mumu said coldly, "You don't have to be so anxious to come here and say bad things about him."

  She knew very well that Gu Shangqing would definitely survive.

  Aunt Li said with a look of injustice: "We didn't tell you what happened to Gu Shangqing! Didn't we just come to tell you because we heard he was missing?"

  "Then thank you." Li Mumu said coldly.

  Tiedan's mother curled her lips and said, "If you don't believe me, go ask Zhang Erzhu and ask him to explain it to you in detail."

  "Of course I have to ask." Li Mumu said calmly, "Thank you for coming to tell me."

  After saying that, he closed the door tightly.

  Mother Gu was previously with Aunt Li and her friends.

  She could still hold on in front of her, but now that the door was closed, Gu's mother finally couldn't hold on any longer. Her legs and feet went limp and she staggered backwards.

  "Mom!" Li Mumu quickly supported Gu's mother.

  "I... I'm fine..." After standing firmly, Mother Gu still said weakly and short of breath.

  "Mom!" At this time, Gu Shangyong took the lead and rushed in.

  Gu's father and Gu Shangwei followed closely behind.

  "Mom, why are so many people saying that Shang Qing is in trouble?" Gu Shangyong asked anxiously, "What's going on?"

  Li Mumu pursed her lips, but she had no way to explain that Gu Shangqing would be fine.