Chapter 122: Doubt

"And to be honest, although I heard Madam's words in the carriage that day and had a good impression of her," Li Zhiyin said with a smile, "but after all, we only had a brief contact at that time, so I can't say that I understand her, and I have reservations about my opinion of Madam."

"But after listening to Madam's words today, I know that Madam and I are the same kind of people." Li Zhiyin stood up and bowed to Li Mumu. "I was reserved about Madam before, please forgive me."

Li Mumu quickly stood up and returned the greeting, "How could that be. Just as Miss Li said, if it were me, I would do the same."

Li Zhiyin smiled, "Let me tell you, Madam and I are of the same kind."

Li Mumu smiled but said nothing.

Li Zhiyin pulled Li Mumu to sit down and asked her, "Madam, are you willing to be my friend?"

"It's my honor." Li Mumu said with a smile.

After Li Zhiyin thanked Li Mumu, she did not ignore Madam Shang, and the three of them had a pleasant chat.

They agreed to meet often in the future.

Gu Shangqing and the other two had also finished their conversation.

Li Mumu left with Gu Shangqing.

In the carriage, Gu Shangqing said to Shang Wufeng: "General, I ran into my wife in the garden during the banquet."

Shang Wufeng: "...You don't need to tell me about your love affairs. I also have a wife."

"..." Gu Shangqing held his forehead, "No, after my wife left, I found that the daughter of Governor Su had been peeking in the dark."

"Hmm?" Shang Wufeng blinked, "What's wrong with her?"

Gu Shangqing is good-looking, and Shang Wufeng's first reaction was suspicion. Could it be that the daughter of Governor Su has taken a fancy to Gu Shangqing?

But soon, he felt that this idea was ridiculous and no one would believe it if he  told them.

No matter how good-looking Gu Shangqing is, he is only of the sixth rank, and he already has a wife.

The daughter of Governor Su would have fallen for Gu Shangqing only if her head was stuck in the door.

"At the beginning, she deliberately bullied my wife at the dinner table." Gu Shangqing told Shang Wufeng what Li Mumu had said to her.

"As a result, in the garden, after my wife left, I found her hiding in the dark. I forced her out, but she asked me about my injury." Gu Shangqing frowned.

Li Mumu and Madam Shang heard Gu Shangqing's words in the carriage.

Mrs. Gu was surprised. She knew that Gu Shangqing was injured, but at the same time, she also knows that only a few people knew about this.

Moreover, all of them are military personnel highly trusted by Shang Wufeng; they will not disclose it to others.

Besides, no matter how much it was leaked, it would not be leaked to Governor Su.

Otherwise, where could Su Zhier have heard it from?

Li Mumu thought of something else.

If Su Zhier did not meet the injured Gu Shangqing according to the timeline in the original novel, how did she know that Gu Shangqing was injured?

Li Mumu lifted the curtain in front of the carriage and asked Gu Shangqing, "How many times have you been injured?"

Gu Shangqing was stunned by her question and answered truthfully, "Minor injuries are common, and everyone in the army is like this. But according to the life-threatening injury mentioned by Su Zhier, it was only that one time. But I did see Su Zhier for the first time today."

"She told me that she had a dream in which I was injured." Gu Shangqing said, "She even went to the place in her dream to save me."

"This is full of loopholes. Not to mention how ridiculous the dreaming excuse is, even if it was true, how did the dream show where I was? How did she identify the specific location in the dream? Could there be words in the dream telling her where I was? Moreover, would someone save someone just because of a dream that they were not sure was true or false?"

"The place where I was injured is far away from Chong'an. Would I run thousands of miles there just because of a dream?" Gu Shangqing shook his head.

"This excuse is really untenable." Shang Wufeng frowned.

Gu Shangqing said to Shang Wufeng: "So I'm very curious, how did she know that I was injured? How could she, a girl in the boudoir, get to know such news?"

"I'm afraid the only source is Governor Su."

"But how did Magistrate Su know this?" Gu Shangqing thought a lot. "Governor Su is a civil servant, and he has no reason to pry into our military secrets. What is he trying to do?"

"Do you suspect that Governor Su is secretly communicating with the enemy country?" Shang Wufeng's train of thought perfectly matched Gu Shangqing's.

Li Mumu in the car: "..."

No, how did things develop to this point?

For no reason at all, you suspect the heroine's father of treason?

I'm afraid the heroine would never think that she just wanted to rekindle her relationship with the hero, but this action made people doubt her.

Her Father is collaborating with the enemy.

"This crime is too serious, and I dare not speak out rashly, so I only mentioned this matter to you, General Shang." Gu Shangqing said, "But, it is really strange that Su Zhier knew that I was injured, so I dare not let her go."

"That's right." Shang Wufeng nodded seriously, "Send someone to check on Su Zhier and find out where she went before and after you were injured."

"Okay." Gu Shangqing said.

Li Mumu: "..."

"We also need to secretly investigate Su Guangcheng," Shang Wufeng said, "We must not let him find out."

"yes."

Li Mumu: "..."

Things seem to be... deviating from the original work.

"General, stop for a moment." Gu Shangqing suddenly said to Shang Wufeng.

"What's wrong?" Shang Wufeng looked puzzled and stopped the carriage while speaking.

"I'll be back soon." Gu Shangqing jumped off the carriage and entered the shop next to the carriage.

After a while, he came back with a hand warmer, lifted the car curtain, and put it in Li Mumu's hand.

Li Mumu took the hand warmer in a daze and found that it was still hot.

"I asked the boss to add some charcoal in it so you can use it right away." Gu Shangqing said.

Shang Wufeng was shocked, "You went out just to buy this?"

"I saw Madam Shang using it, and then I realized that this could be used to warm hands." Gu Shangqing said, "I met Madam in the garden of the General's Mansion before, and found that her hands were frozen red. Now that I passed by and saw it was for sale, I quickly bought it to warm Madam's hands."

"You..." Shang Wufeng didn't know what to say, "You really love your wife."

Gu Shangqing shook his head. "I didn't do well, otherwise I would have thought of this earlier."

Madam Shang smiled and joked, "Do you think that General Shang thought of what I have in my hand? I bought all these by myself, he would never have thought of it."

Shang Wufeng: "..."

"It's so cold, let's go." After saying that, Shang Wufeng started riding the horse again.

When the carriage started moving, Shang Wufeng whispered to Gu Shangqing, "Next time, do it secretly, don't be so ostentatious. Otherwise, how can I live my life?"

When I get home, I will definitely be scolded by my wife.

Gu Shangqing: "..."

How would I know these weren't done by you?