Chapter 114: Shouldn't She be Dead by Now?

Even though she knew rationally that Gu Shangqing was not worthy of her, she still couldn't get his face out of her mind.

The second time they met was in the General's Mansion. At that time, the General's Mansion did not invite Gu Shangqing, and Gu Shangqing came with Shang Wufeng.

Shang Wufeng thinks highly of him.

However, Su Zhier was also a little surprised because there were not so many guests coming at that time.

The scene was not as big as it is today.

Somehow this time there was a change.

That time at the General's Mansion, she also met Gu Shangqing by chance.

There was no one around them at the time, but Gu Shangqing recognized her and thanked her specially.

She carefully asked around and learned that Gu Shangqing was now a sixth-rank general.

Although the sixth rank is not high, it is at least a rank.

Given her family background, if she could ask her father to make some moves, Gu Shangqing would surely be promoted even faster in the future.

Can be considered worthy of her.

Su Zhier mentioned Gu Shangqing to her mother, but Mrs. Su was not very satisfied with Gu Shangqing.

He was of ordinary origin and held a low military rank.

I suspect that Gu Shangqing deliberately deceived Su Zhier with his good looks.

He even sent someone to investigate Gu Shangqing.

However, the result of the investigation was that Gu Shangqing was highly regarded by Shang Wufeng and had outstanding abilities.

Moreover, the Daxi Kingdom now has a strong military and no shortage of wars to fight.

Military officers are promoted very quickly.

Shang Wufeng is not the kind of person who would suppress his subordinates and prevent them from taking action.

If his subordinates have military merits, he will really report them to the emperor.

Madam Su went to discuss with Lord Su and reluctantly felt that Gu Shangqing was okay, but had not made a final decision yet.

As a result, Gu Shangqing was attacked while leading his team on a mission, and his life or death is in danger.

Su Zhier was far away in Chong'an and didn't know about it at first. She just thought that Gu Shangqing was away, so she wanted to take the opportunity to show off. She frequently went back and forth to Gu's house to win favor in front of Gu's father and mother.

It was because although she showed interest in Gu Shangqing, Gu Shangqing didn't seem to have any special feelings for her.

But later Su Zhier thought about it and felt that it was all because Gu Shangqing was a gentleman and respected her, so he did not show any affection for her.

The more this happens, the more precious Gu Shangqing appears.

Su Zhier also wanted to take advantage of Gu Shangqing's absence to gain the favor of the Gu family.

When she went to Gu's house one day, she learned that Gu Shangqing was in danger.

Fortunately, Gu Shangqing not only escaped from danger, but also caused huge losses to the enemy, forcing the enemy to withdraw and retreat, and took the initiative to sign a peace agreement with Daxi.