Chapter 129: All I Think About is My Wife

Madam Su said to Gu Shangqing: "General Gu, Zhi'er's words were not well-measured, but they also made sense. The elders are all here, so there is no need to avoid suspicion."

Gu Shangqing nodded, bowed to Mother Gu and said, "Mother, I will never have second thoughts about Madam."

"Even if I don't say that I love Madam very much, I can't accommodate anyone else in my heart except her. As long as Madam is in front of me, I can't look at anyone else. Even if she is not in front of me, the only thing I think about in my heart is Madam."

Li Mumu: "..."

No, what's the matter with your sudden confession?

It would have been fine if he had just done it in front of Gu's mother, but he actually did it in front of Madam Su and Su Zhier.

Li Mumu's face turned red, and she wished she could dig the ground with her toes and bury herself in it.

"What's more, when I was not at home, it was Madam who performed filial piety on my behalf." Gu Shangqing said, "I was unable to do anything for the family, but no matter how difficult things were at home, Madam always stood up and never backed down."

"It can be said that my wife has made an indelible contribution to our family's success today." Gu Shangqing said, "I cannot and will not do anything to let my wife down, both emotionally and morally."

Mother Gu nodded in satisfaction and said, "Please sit down."

Gu Shangqing sat down next to Li Mumu and reached out to hold Li Mumu's hand.

Li Mumu: "..."

She subconsciously tried to break free.

Not only was she not used to it, but she felt even more embarrassed because he did it in front of others.

Unexpectedly, as soon as she moved, Gu Shangqing held her tighter, making it impossible for her to break free.

Li Mumu looked at Shang Qing helplessly, signaling him to let go with her eyes.

Gu Shangqing just smiled and refused to let go at all.

Mother Gu looked at their actions and couldn't help laughing.

Only Su Zhier stared at Gu Shangqing and Li Mumu holding hands, her eyes full of resentment.

Mrs. Su noticed that Su Zhier's expression was not right and glared at her fiercely.

This time, Su Zhier took the initiative to speak, "Sister Li, I don't know how to speak. I finally got your forgiveness, but I said the wrong thing again and caused misunderstanding. I'm really sorry."

"My mother is right. I should learn from you." Su Zhier smiled and said, "I will come to see you often in the future. Please don't bother me."

"Madam Su, I don't think this is appropriate." Gu Shangqing said first, without telling Su Zhier, but directly to Madam Su.

Madam Su was stunned for a moment. "Why is it inappropriate? My daughter Zhi'er just speaks a little bluntly. Madam San, I really like her, so I wanted Zhi'er to get along with her more."

"Madam Su, I really can't hide it." Gu Shangqing stood up and bowed to Madam Su. "That day in the General's Mansion, Madam went out to relieve herself and happened to meet me in the garden. We chatted for a while and Madam left first. Just as I was about to leave, I found that Miss Su had been hiding in the dark and eavesdropping on my conversation with Madam."

"She even stopped me from leaving and said he had dreamed about my nonsense." Gu Shangqing said, "I only told my wife about this matter. There is nothing hidden between me and my wife, and this matter concerns my innocence, so I must make it clear to my wife to avoid being misunderstood in the future."

"But seeing how Miss Su behaves, I really don't dare let my wife have any contact with her," said Gu Shangqing.

"General Gu, be careful with your words!" Madam Su's face changed. "Do you know how much damage your words have done to Zhi'er's reputation?"

"That's why I haven't told anyone else." Gu Shangqing said, "I originally thought that since I am a low-ranking official, I would not have much chance to interact with the prefect in the future. My wife would not attend any banquets that Madam Su would attend."

"So, apart from having to tell my wife, I didn't tell anyone else about this matter and pretended not to know anything about it." Gu Shangqing said, "But I didn't expect Madam Su to come to my house today, and I didn't expect that Madam Su would let Miss Su spend more time with my wife."

"I have no choice but to speak out about this. I hope Madam Su will forgive me." Gu Shangqing bowed.

Mrs. Su really didn't know about this matter. She looked at Su Zhier in disbelief.

Su Zhier actually did this in the General's Mansion?

Madam Su immediately stood up and said, "Then we won't bother you any more today."

Madam Su turned her head and saw that Su Zhier's eyes were almost glued to Gu Shangqing. How could she not tell whether what Gu Shangqing said was true or false?

She blocked Su Zhier's sight, pulled Su Zhier up, warned her, and whispered, "Let's go."

Su Zhier was dragged away from Gu's house by Madam Su and got on the carriage. Madam Su still had a gloomy face without saying a word.

"Mom..." Su Zhier called out.

"Don't talk to me now!" Mrs. Su said coldly, "I'll talk to you when we get home!"

Until they returned to the Su Mansion and entered the house.

Madam Su dismissed all the servants and then questioned Su Zhier, "What on earth is going on? You eavesdropped on the couple's conversation in the garden of the General's Mansion, and even stopped Gu Shangqing and told him that it was a dream. Is it true?"

Su Zhier remained silent.

Madam Su sneered and said, "Of course it's true, otherwise Gu Shangqing wouldn't dare to say it."

"What on earth are you thinking?" Mrs. Su said coldly.

"Even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it." Su Zhier said aggrievedly.

"Tell me about it first!" Mrs. Su said, "I want to see what you can tell me!"

"Gu Shangqing he...he..." Su Zhier said, "He should have been my husband!"

"You're crazy!" Madam Su looked at Su Zhier in shock, "What nonsense are you talking about!"

"I'm not talking nonsense!" Su Zhier said loudly, "I did have a dream, and everything in that dream was real."

"Mom, you know that I didn't know Gu Shangqing before this, and I didn't have the chance to meet him." Su Zhier said, "But I just happen to dream about everything about him and me. In the dream, he and his family are all there."

"I even sent someone to check. I clearly didn't know them at all, but they appeared in my dreams. And they weren't made-up people, but real people."

"I believe that dream is real. It is my past life. I must have remembered things from my past life and awakened my past life memories in this life. It is God who allowed me to continue my relationship with my husband."

Su Zhier told Madam Su everything about her dream.

But how could Mrs. Su believe it?

She kept shaking her head, "You are really crazy!"

"So, I asked you to spend more time with Li Mumu. You want to take the opportunity to spend time with her to meet Gu Shangqing, right?" Mrs. Su said.

"He was originally my husband, and Li Mumu took my place." Su Zhier said, "I don't know why Li Mumu is still alive. She should have died a long time ago."