Chapter 16: Has Your Family Become Rich?

"What about these big bones?" Li Mumu asked again.

  "There's just a little meat scraps on these big bones, not even enough to fill your teeth. Do you want some too?" the boss asked in surprise.

  He usually throws away these big bones, and wild dogs will pick them up and eat them.

  "Yes." Li Mumu nodded.

  "Then I'll give it to you. I was throwing it away anyway," said the boss.

  "Thank you, boss!" Li Mumu smiled.

  This big bone is so delicious, it would be a shame not to make soup with it.

  The boss packed the food for her but left the large intestine outside.

  Li Mumu asked, "Boss, you haven't filled my large intestine yet."

  "You want large intestine too?" The boss was really shocked at this time, and said with a pout, "This stuff stinks!"

  Even the poorest families here don't want large intestines.

  It's so smelly that it's impossible to eat.

  And it's very dirty inside.

  "Yes." Li Mumu nodded repeatedly, "You should also pack it for me."

  "Okay." The boss nodded. "Then I'll pack the large intestine separately for you, otherwise the others will stink up."

  "Thank you, boss!" Li Mumu thanked with a sweet grin.

 Li Mumu didn't expect that the harvest this time would be so rich.

  The big bones were very heavy, and with the things that had gone into the water, it was difficult for Li Mumu and Gu Xiuxiu to carry them back to the village together, so Li Mumu and Gu Xiuxiu took a ox cart back.

  Wang Cuizhen and Zhang Caiping saw it and hurried forward to help.

  As a result, when he was still two steps away from Li Mumu, he smelled a strong fishy odor.

  "Mu Mu, what did you buy?" Wang Cuizhen asked, raising her hand to fan the air in front of her.

  "I bought so much offal for only two cents." Li Mumu said happily, "What a bargain."

  In modern times, these things would be very valuable.

  I didn't expect that people nowadays don't eat these.

  "How do you buy pig offal?" Zhang Caiping asked.

  "Cook it and sell it." Li Mumu said as she moved the things into the kitchen, "I've asked around, and the food stalls in town charge 10 cents for a portion."

  "A bowl of plain noodles, without anything else on it, costs seven or eight cents. If you add some vegetables or meat, it will cost at least fifteen or sixteen cents."

  "But how many families can afford to eat there all day long?" Li Mumu said.

  I run a small business, and I don't have the conditions to set up a fixed food stall like other people do, where they can set up a stall every day."

  "So, first of all, we have to reduce costs and lower the selling price so that more people can afford our products. It won't be too much of a burden for them to buy our products. Then, won't our products be easier to sell?"

  "But what should we do with the offal?" Zhang Caiping looked at the offal in the kitchen with an embarrassed look on her face. "Wouldn't it be a waste if no one eats it?"