Chapter 48: Occupying the Stall

"If it weren't for my sister, I would still be wearing patched clothes today." Li Youkang said, "But my sister is married after all, so it doesn't make sense for her to subsidize her brother. So I told her that the money for the clothes should be deducted from my salary."

  "Li Youkang!" Li's mother pointed at him angrily, "Are you saying that your family treats you badly and is not as good as your sister?"

  "Li Mumu just gave you a little salary, and you are so shallow to help her!" Li's mother said angrily.

  "She just gave me a little wages, but I worked at home every day without getting a penny," said Li Youkang.

  "Mom, in your eyes, it seems that only my eldest brother is your biological son. Compared to me, I am living a relatively good life at home." Li Youkang said, "You really have never considered me as your own family. You always think that she will get married and will be an outsider sooner or later. Seeing me making money in business, you are jealous and ask her for the secret recipe. Are you here to steal her business again today?"

  "Pa!" Li's mother waved her hand and slapped Li Youkang. "If you continue to do this, don't come home!"

  "I wonder where you can live! Can Li Mumu take you in to live in her in-laws' house?" Li's mother said in a sharp voice.

  "So what if he lives in our house?" Wang Cuizhen said loudly, "We can prepare a clean room for him to live in today."

  "Your Li family is really weird. You don't treat Mu Mu and You Kang well, but you favor your lazy eldest son." Zhang Caiping pouted, "Let's not talk about Mu Mu. When she came to my Gu family, everyone in the family liked her. She is filial to her parents-in-law, fair to others, and kind to us two sisters-in-law. She dotes on the children even more."

  "And there is Youkang, who has good character, can distinguish right from wrong, and is quick and skillful." Zhang Caiping said, "On the contrary, your eldest son is lazy and cunning."

  "Sister-in-law, I can understand. Don't you think the Li family is like this? They are just like this, so they naturally prefer their eldest son who has the same temperament as them." Wang Cuizhen said, "On the contrary, Mu Mu and You Kang, who have good personalities, are like outliers in the Li family. They are different from them in every way. I'm afraid that's why they don't like them."

  "What does our family affairs have to do with you?" Li's mother put one hand on her waist and waved the other hand vigorously, as if she was ready for a fight.

  Zhang saw this and hurriedly pushed the cart

  He came over and said to Li Youkang: "Youkang, you actually helped outsiders bully us, do you still have a conscience?"

  "I came to help my sister because I have a conscience." Li Youkang said coldly.

  Zhang snorted angrily, shook her hands vigorously, grabbed Li's mother's arm and said, "Mom, let's not talk to them anymore, let's set up the stall first, there are so many people here."

  "Okay." Li's mother nodded, then glared at Li Youkang angrily, "Why don't you come and help!"

  Li Mumu saw Li's mother and Zhang pushing the cart to the other side of Gu's snack bar, as if they were going to open a stall next to it.

  Li Mumu asked curiously, "You guys want to set up a stall here?"

  "What? You can do it, but we can't?" Zhang asked back in a loud voice.

  "Of course not." But Li Mumu remembered that there was a stall owner at this location.

  To the left of Gujia Snacks is the breakfast stall, which mainly sells porridge and cakes.