Chapter 93: Let's Go to Bed Now?

It's better to admit defeat.

Gu Shangqing let out a breath. He knew that Li Mumu would not easily believe his words alone.

He believed that he would never change his mind. Perhaps Li Mumu was worried that the gap between them would grow bigger and bigger, and he would eventually change his mind.

"In fact, I just have an official position. If we really talk about salary, I don't earn as much as you." Gu Shangqing said, "Our family can live so well now, all thanks to the money you earn."

"From now on, I will have to rely on you." Gu Shangqing said, "You said before that you can't provide me with any help. I don't agree with this."

"My salary alone is definitely not enough to handle some of the personal relationships. When the time comes, I will have to rely on my wife for some help, right?" Gu Shangqing said.

"..." Li Mumu was speechless for a while, and couldn't help asking, "Aren't you just a gigolo? You will be despised by others."

Gu Shangqing stood up and bowed to Li Mumu. "I have no choice. I am a useless husband and have to rely on you to support the family. Please don't abandon me. This family depends on you."

Li Mumu understood that Gu Shangqing said this to tell her that she was also important in the family and there was no problem of her being a hindrance.

However, Li Mumu never thought that she was a drag, it was just an excuse for the divorce.

But after hearing what Gu Shangqing said, Li Mumu was really speechless.

If it were someone else, they would definitely be moved by Gu Shangqing's words.

"How much is your current salary?" Li Mumu said.

Gu Shangqing didn't say anything, but took a bundle from a low cabinet against the wall.

He brought this back and casually placed it on the low cabinet.

When I opened it, there was a wooden box inside.

"These are the salaries I have received since I joined the army. I didn't spend much in the army, so I saved most of it." Gu Shangqing said, "These are all for you. From now on, my monthly salary will also be kept by you."

"My salary was not much before, and I will not get the salary of the sixth rank until next month." Gu Shangqing said, "I am now a sixth rank official, and my monthly salary is 14 strings of cash. Together with the previous salary, it's all here."

Li Mumu looked at the small box he opened. There was some small change in it, which looked like it had been saved for a long time.

I thought that Gu Shangqing's salary was indeed not high.

But it is more accurate than ordinary people

It is actually much better now, but the Gu family is doing business now and making more money, so Gu Shangqing's salary seems not much in comparison.

Li Mumu didn't bother to be polite with him. Since he didn't agree to divorce, she would accept his salary as household expenses.

In the future, when Gu Shangqing is with the heroine and wants to divorce her, he has to compensate her for her losses.

Li Mumu put the box into the drawer and put it away.

After that, silence fell between the two again, not knowing what to say.

Gu Shangqing had a lot to say to Li Mumu, and also had many curious questions he wanted to ask Li Mumu.

However, Gu Shangqing was worried that they were not familiar with each other. If he said something and Li Mumu misunderstood his intention, it would be even more troublesome.