Chapter 13: Eavesdropping

"Brother, when you go to town to sell vegetables next time, I can go and sell some food with you too?" Li Mumu said, "I'll test the waters first to see if I can do it. The first time I go, I won't bring a lot of things, and I'll come back after I've sold everything."

  "If the effect is good, I will continue. At most, I will sell until noon. After I finish selling, I will come back and teach the children to read at home in the afternoon. If the effect is not good, I will not bother." Li Mumu said.

  "Then give it a try." Gu's mother agreed, "Your craftsmanship is so good, it really shouldn't be buried."

  Gu Shangyong said, "It just so happens that I will be going to town the day after tomorrow, you can come with me then."

  Now that things were settled, Li Mumu began to think about what food to sell.

  When she returned to her room at night, Li Mumu rummaged through the closet.

  Although her clothes were not bright, they were not concealed at night and were not very safe.

  Li Mumu thought about it and went to look through Gu Shangqing's clothes again.

  Gu Shangqing left in a hurry that night and didn't have time to take too many clothes with him, so most of them were left at home.

  Unexpectedly, Gu Shangqing actually had a set of black clothes.

  It was a bit too big for Li Mumu when she put it on.

  The sleeves and trouser legs were rolled up several times.

  For convenience, I found ropes to tighten the cuffs and trouser legs.

  Even the belt was tied several times.

  Hidden in the darkness like this, it would be really hard to see her if you weren't paying attention.

  Li Mumu looked at her outfit with satisfaction, then turned around and went to open the door.

  As a result, I just opened the door and was about to sneak out, but when I looked down, I saw three kids standing neatly at the door.

  They are arranged from high to low like mobile phone signals.

  Li Mumu: "..."

  "Third Aunt, are you planning to eavesdrop?" Gu Baijin tilted his little face up, looking even more innocent and cute in the moonlight.

  Li Mumu: "..."

  "Aunt San, you've even put on the legendary nightgown!" Gu Baiyuan said with shining eyes.

  Gu Xiuxiu is an introvert and steady person, so she can sit still during class.

  But Gu Baiyuan and Gu Baijin were young and naughty.

  In order to arouse their interest in reading, Li Mumu would tell them some stories during class to attract their attention.

  It mentioned night clothes, but I didn't expect Gu Baiyuan to remember it.

  "Aunt San, we want to eavesdrop with you too." Gu Xiuxiu said.

  Li Mumu: "..."

  Gu Xiuxiu, you have learned bad things. How come you are so naughty now?

  "Are you three waiting for me here on purpose?" Li Mumu asked.

  Gu Xiuxiu shook her head and said, "You said during the day that you would go door to door to eavesdrop on their conversations tonight. So we came to call you."