Chapter 90: I Don't Agree

"With your character, appearance and ability, you can marry a daughter of an official even if you are a fifth-rank official." Li Mumu said, "Having a capable official in the wife's family is like me ."

"The young lady of an official family is very knowledgeable and knows more dignitaries than I do. She can bring more help to my husband."

"But I don't know anything except a little business, and I don't know anyone who can help my husband." Li Mumu said, "My husband has gotten to where he is today because of his own life. I can't let myself hinder him."

"I don't want my husband and I to become enemies in the future because of my greed. When I can't help, my family can only worry about it."

"Since I can't help you with anything and can't give you anything, the only way I can help you is to get a divorce."

"My husband needs to marry someone who can help him with talent, appearance and family background. She can also help my husband in the court in the future, instead of letting my husband fight alone."

"I'm in the Gu family, and my parents treat me like their own child, so I can't do anything to drag down my husband." Li Mumu said.

"I've thought about it. Since we're moving to Chong'an, no one will know that my husband was married." Li Mumu said, "If my husband meets a girl he likes in the future, he can tell her that he was married. He can just blame me for everything, saying that I was unfilial to my parents-in-law and caused unrest in the family, so they divorced me."

"Given my husband's character and appearance, I don't think the other party would care that you have been married before." Li Mumu said, holding the divorce papers high in both hands.

"I don't agree." Mother Gu said coldly.

Father Gu on the side also spoke coldly, "We will not agree."

Mother Gu stood up and took the divorce papers that Li Mumu was holding up.

Without even looking at it, he tore the divorce letter into pieces with a cold face.

"Don't ever think like that again." Mother Gu said coldly, "Shang Qing has the ability, so he can earn his fame and fortune. I haven't been to school, so I don't know as much as you do. I don't know how much help he will need from others.

"But now, he has not been promoted yet and is still only a sixth-rank general." Mother Gu said, "If he has the ability, let him earn it himself. If he gets promoted, he can find a way to gain a foothold in the court instead of sacrificing his original wife."

"Mumu, you have never done anything to let him down. On the contrary, when he is not at home, you have been filial to him. If he agrees to divorce you for the sake of his own future, he is a beast! We, the Gu family, will not tolerate such a person! Even if he is my son, it is not allowed!"

"So, you should give up the idea of ​​divorce." said Gu's mother.

"Mom..." Li Mumu knew that both Gu's father and mother were upright people, and she had also thought about proposing a divorce, but they would disagree.

She was also prepared to give some good advice.

However, I didn't expect that Gu's mother's attitude would be so tough that she was angry.

"Don't say that anymore!" Mother Gu said angrily, "Don't mention the divorce anymore. If you do, I'll get angry!"

Li Mumu didn't dare to speak anymore.

Mother Gu snorted heavily and then said, "Mumu, go back and rest first. You've been exhausted after this day."

Li Mumu didn't dare to raise any objections at this moment. She responded "yes" obediently and got up and walked out.

Li Youkang didn't expect that Li Mumu would suddenly bring up the idea of ​​divorce.

It was obvious that Mother Gu had something to say, so it was inappropriate for him to be here, and she quickly stood up.

In such a depressing atmosphere, he didn't even dare to say hello and quickly followed Li Mumu to leave.

When they reached the yard and stopped at the door of Li Mumu's house, Li Youkang called her, "Sister."

"Why do you suddenly want to divorce? It's a good thing that your brother-in-law is back. You have suffered a lot and finally achieved happiness. Why do you want to divorce?" Li Youkang always felt that Li Mumu was too wronged.

Originally, Gu Shangqing was not at home. Li Mumu took care of the house and outside, and also made money for the Gu family, and their lives were getting better and better.

Now that Gu Shangqing is back, Li Mumu is afraid of being a burden to Gu Shangqing, so she doesn't want anything and wants a divorce.

"I thought this was a good thing for both of us." Li Mumu had no choice but to say, "I don't want to drag him down, and I don't want to drag him down in the future and make him regret marrying me."

"If he were an ordinary citizen, I would not do this. Wouldn't it be better to live a good life with him? However, he is going to be a high-ranking official. The gap is too big."

"But what Aunt Gu said is right. Becoming a high-ranking official is a matter for the future. Whether he can become one is still unknown. At least now, he is not a high-ranking official." Li Youkang said, "Besides, even if you were not there, his family background would have been..."

Li Youkang lowered his voice and said, "It's no different from us."

"Sister, it's not a burden at all, so don't think too much about it." Li Youkang advised.

"I know." Li Mumu said, "Don't worry, go back and rest."

Li Youkang nodded, but still felt a little worried. He watched Li Mumu go into the house before he went back.

In the hall, Gu Shangqing was still kneeling there, and his mother did not call him to get up.

Mother Gu said, "I believe that you didn't treat Mu Mu coldly when you came back, and you didn't despise her just because you are an official now."

"I really didn't." Gu Shangqing felt very wronged.

On the contrary, he was really surprised that Li Mumu was actually his wife.

Not only had Li Mumu saved him before, but her appearance and personality were everything he liked.

He was so happy that he couldn't contain himself.

But he was too embarrassed to say this.

He really wanted to live a loving life with Li Mumu.

"My family is originally from a farming family, and I am of an ordinary family myself, so how could I look down on her?" Gu Shangqing said, "And mother is right, I am only a sixth-rank official now, and I don't know if I can continue to be promoted in the future. Even if I can be promoted, it depends on my real ability. What's the point of relying on others? I have never thought of relying on the Yue family to get promoted."

Mother Gu nodded. "It's best that you think so. Keep thinking so in the future. Mu Mu is obviously very confident in you and thinks you will definitely be promoted. Just like she thought you were not dead at the beginning."

"She has confidence in you, and we have confidence in you too. Even if you get promoted in the future, remember what you said today and don't let Mu Mu down." said Gu's mother.

"Don't worry, mother. I will never do such a thing." Gu Shangqing said.

Father Gu, who had been silent the whole time, said in a deep voice: "You have promised now, and no one dares to say what will happen in the future. But if you let Mu Mu down in the future, even if you haven't actually done it, but just have that intention, you will no longer be a member of the Gu family!"