Chapter 102: Every Profession Has Its Champion

Li Mumu was puzzled by one thing, so she asked, "My husband said that the military camp is actually closer to Chong'an, so why did you choose to go to Anping Town instead of Chong'an?"

Zhu Yaoming explained with a smile, "Our military camp is in Chong'an, but we went there to reinforce the Turks during the previous battle, so we are closer to Anping Town."

"Now that the Turks have retreated, we only need to leave the original garrison behind." Zhu Yaoming said, "Shang Qing was originally on the garrison side, but now that he has been promoted and is valued by General Shang, he has joined General Shang's army. Come back to Chong'an with us."

That night, Chu Yiu Ming and Huang Kexiao left while touching their bellies.

After eating the pork tripe and chicken hotpot, the two of them didn't care about being embarrassed and ate it very happily.

There was no soup left.

Mother Gu felt distressed when she saw this, thinking that these two people must have suffered a lot in the army, and they might not even have enough good meals.

Look at what they are eating here, how miserable it is.

But Gu's mother thought again that Gu Shangqing might be in the same situation in the army.

Gu Shangqing didn't eat so much last night, probably because he was afraid that they would worry about his life in the army after seeing it.

Seeing how the two were eating, Li Mumu was afraid that they were not full, so she hurried to the kitchen and scooped up some pork bone soup to add to their meal.

Fortunately, since I run a restaurant, I have a lot of supplies at home.

In addition to the cut noodles, Li Mumu also cut some vegetables.

The chicken and beef I bought today have all been eaten up. There is really no other meat, so I can only take out some braised meat and send it over together with the vegetables and noodles.

"I'm really sorry that I'm not well prepared today." Li Mumu said embarrassedly.

She had already prepared a lot, but she didn't expect that Chu Yiu Ming and Huang Kexiao would eat much more than she thought.

Wang Cuizhen and Zhang Caiping knew that they had bought a lot.

"These marinated foods are all available in the store." Li Mumu apologized, "I promised you that I would eat some food that is not available in the store at home."

"Well, next time my husband comes home on vacation, if you have time, come back with him and I will prepare more." Li Mumu said.

She was afraid that if she didn't treat her guests well, people would think she was stingy.

This made Chu Yiu Ming and Huang Kexiao feel bad.

"No, no, it was just the two of us who ate...it was a little too much..." Zhu Yaoming blushed.

I don't know if it was because of the smell or because the pork belly and chicken pot was too hot, but my face felt hot.

Huang Kexiao was also embarrassed and said: "We don't usually eat so much, it's just that this pork belly and chicken pot is so delicious."

"I have never eaten a pot like this before." Zhu Yaoming said, "When we were on the march, sometimes for convenience, we would kill some game and throw it into the pot to cook, but it was far inferior to this."

Li Mumu smiled and said, "The march was tough, and there weren't that many seasonings, so the taste would be a little different."

Huang Kexiao also said, "Don't bother, we were actually full a long time ago. It's just that the soup was so delicious that we couldn't help but drink it all up. I'm sorry to have embarrassed you."

Chu Yiu Ming and Huang Kexiao repeatedly expressed that they could not eat any more.

Li Mumu stopped persuading them, but still packed a lot of braised food for them to take back to the army.

Zhu Yaoming and Huang Kexiao left Gu's residence with their bulging bellies in their hands.

After seeing the two off, the whole family washed the pots and dishes together.

Li Mumu finally found time to ask the three children about their studies today.

The three children like Master Guan very much.

"Master Guan has been to many places. When he taught us to read, he would also talk about the local customs and practices mentioned in the books. It was very interesting."

"Do you remember the knowledge that Master Guan taught you?" Li Mumu asked again.

"I remember." Gu Baiyuan ran back to the bedroom, took out a copy of The Analects, and turned to a page. "This is what Master Guan taught us today. We will be tested on dictation tomorrow."

Wang Cuizhen was delighted to hear this, "Master Guan is much more reliable than that scholar."

Gu Shangyong quickly encouraged them, "Then you must learn well from Master Guan."

"Master Guan said that there will be county exams in February every year and prefectural exams in April. If you pass the prefectural exams, you will be a student." Gu Baiyuan said, "Master Guan said that I will be six years old after my birthday next January, which is the right age to take the exam. Let's see how I do first. If I am good enough, I can try next year. If not, I can wait two years. I am young now, so there is no rush."

"Okay, let's learn it first."

Li Mumu said, "You started learning late. Although I taught you to read before, it is not as reliable as Master Guan's teaching. So even if it is not suitable for you to take the exam next year, it's okay. Don't put too much pressure on yourself."

"I will still work hard." Gu Baiyuan said firmly.

"Okay, after you finish the exam, it will be Bai Jin's turn." Zhang Caiping said with a smile.

However, Li Mumu felt that Gu Baijin didn't seem to be that fond of reading.

It is difficult to calm the mind when reading.

But Gu Baijin is still young now, so there is no need to rush and we can wait and see.

If he really doesn't like studying, you can't force him to do it.

When Li Mumu returned to the bedroom with Gu Shangqing in the evening, she told him about this matter.

Gu Shangqing is not at home most of the time, so it is inevitable that he doesn't know Gu Baiyuan and Gu Baijin well enough.

"Before we moved to town, I was the one who taught the children to read." Li Mumu said, "The children are young, so they are inevitably lively and active. But when Bai Yuan is reading, he can concentrate and finish his reading before playing."

"Bai Jin is more active. It's hard to say whether it's because he's young or not." Li Mumu said, "When I came to the Gu family, Bai Yuan was already five years old. I don't know if he was like Bai Jin when he was four."

"I know something about this." Gu Shangqing said, "When Bai Yuan was four years old, he was already studious and could concentrate. When he was three years old, I began to teach him to read. He would read my books on weekdays. Even if he couldn't understand them, he would read them word by word. When he encountered a word he didn't know, he would ask me."

Li Mumu nodded. "I usually teach Xiuxiu and Baiyuan to study, and let Baijin attend as an auditor. I think Baijin is still young, just like Baiyuan started studying at the age of five, so it won't be too late to let him study seriously when he is five next year. So I don't force Baijin to do anything in class."

"But even so, Bai Jin obviously can't concentrate and is always distracted. He really isn't particularly interested in studying." Li Mumu said, "But the child is still young, so it might be too early to say anything now."

"Just now I saw that my second sister-in-law has high hopes for Bai Jin. I am worried that if Bai Jin really doesn't like studying, my second sister-in-law will be very disappointed." Li Mumu said, "In fact, I think it doesn't matter if Bai Jin really doesn't like studying. There are top talents in all 360 professions."