Chapter 115: Li Xundao's Eldest Daughter is Back

Shouldn't Gu Shangqing's original wife be dead by now?

She had been beaten to death with sticks at the rich man's house, how could she still be alive?

She even attended the banquet at the General's Mansion as Mrs. Gu Shangqing.

Now that Gu Shangqing's original wife is still alive, how can she marry Gu Shangqing?

From what I just heard from Madam Shang, it seems that Gu Shangqing thinks highly of Li Mumu?

No, it must be just for show.

Su Zhier said this to herself.

But she still couldn't understand why she didn't meet Gu Shangqing and why Gu Shangqing's original wife was still there.

Li Mumu naturally didn't know that the heroine of the original novel was observing her in shock.

She had no idea that she would meet the heroine of the original novel today.

Here, Madam Shang was whispering to Min Huilan, "Why are there so many people invited today?"

Min Huilan really knew.

Military generals and civil officials have always had little contact with each other.

In other words, Min Huilan was originally the daughter of a military general, and the two of them were good friends in the boudoir. Otherwise, Madam Shang would not have had much chance and would not have easily become friends with the family of a civil official.

It's probably not the same thing.

Min Huilan was a well-informed person among her family members. Now that she had married a civil servant, Madam Shang thought that she might know why the General's Mansion had invited so many civil servants today.

As expected, Min Huilan really knew: "It's Li Xundao's eldest daughter who has returned!"

Madam Shang understood, but Li Mumu looked as if she didn't understand.

Min Huilan looked around, lowered her voice, and waved at Li Mumu.

Li Mumu leaned forward and saw Min Huilan also leaning forward and said, "Li Xundao is the eldest son of General Li Huailin, named Li Yourang. His eldest daughter, Li Zhiyin, is the eldest granddaughter that General Li (Huailin) likes the most."

---
Li Huailin (Grandfather - General)
Li Yourang (Eldest son - Fourth-Rank Official)
Li Zhiyin (Eldest Granddaughter)
---

"Li Zhiyin's mother died early, so Li Yourang remarried, and she is now the first lady of the general's mansion." Min Huilan said.

"Li Zhiyin grew up in front of the grand lady, and the general and they both doted on Li Zhiyin. After Li Yourang remarried, the grand lady was afraid that having a stepmother would mean having a stepfather, so she took Li Zhiyin to her side and didn't let her go back."

"The Madam is a good person. The General is stationed at the border, and this palace is under the control of the Madam." Min Huilan said, "But the year before last, the Madam also passed away. Before she passed away, she sent someone to tell the General that after she left, she would ask the General to take Li Zhiyin to his side. Even if life at the border is hard, it is better than staying with the Madam, who is sweet on the outside but bitter on the inside."

"After the Madam passed away, the general naturally had no intention of remarrying. Besides, he already had so many children and grandchildren, and the general was completely focused on his family, country and people. So he followed the Madam's wishes and brought Li Zhiyin to his side."